Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

here is my 34 3 window in progress.

Attached Files:

• coup.jpg
      coup.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
    • cars6.jpg
      cars6.jpg
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
    EVL401 likes this.
  2. Wow, nice work 5wbomber,...what's the coupe look like now?

3. Yeah, Flaven's is insane.....perfect. Thought I wrote to you the other day Pete, but it was Jim from the CC. Hope all is well...

4. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

This is one of my favorites for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Pete, your 3 window is right on. Nice job.

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

There is a 34 coupe for sale on the Fordbarn ... the ad reads ... ad cut and pasted from the Fordbarn

Car For SALE: , I have a 1934 FORD 5 WINDOW BODY for sale .It is in ok shape,cowl feet are there will need lower patch panels and metal work .best for a vintage stock car,drag car or Bonneville car.It is unchopped,no floor,no subrails,no deck lid,garnish moldings or panel below the deck lid.The quarters are from a different 5 window,there are rust holes but pretty solid.Also included is a 33/34 frame fully boxed no X member,looks like an old gasser frame.I have a 1940 Ford dash for it,cut down to fita 33/34.all guages work but was a hack job in the back...looks good from the front.All door mechs are included.Great start to a traditional style channeled car. Asking 3500 , need money for a 3 window project.Thanks
    nils weeks ... 978 609 0647
    95 center st, danvers, ma USA - (EST)

NOT my car ... NOT my ad ... just a heads up for someone wanting a 34 coupe on the cheap to fix. :D

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

so any more out there? Good sample of very difficult rebuilds so far, showing the ability and ingenuity of the hotrodder at its finest! Here's another shot of how my current project began.

Attached Files:

8. harmony-h62

harmony-h62

Anymore 33-34 fords out there?

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Love this thread. If anyone here is familiar with my A coupe going together they will understand why.

10. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Does this count?? Hope to have it finished this year :D

Attached Files:

RODIST and jhughes76 like this.
  11. Elrod

Elrod

Sweet! I remember when you found that thing! Glad to see it coming back to life 34FC!

12. Uptown83

Uptown83

First 5w I sold to my brother. Second is a pic of some 5w pieces, which I have since completed a 5w body out of and looking for more pieces to piece together a 2nd 5w body.
    Third is me working on my 3w.

Now im stuck working on a damn 32 ford :(

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  13. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Thanks ... I have all the major pieces gathered now. The car is back apart (Body off) for blasting and the beginning of the long finishing stages.
    Coming on to two years since I started, done it all myself.
    I have been documenting the progress to do a build thread once completed.

14. Look at this fun.

Can't find my camera, I have another two here I'd share...

Attached Files:

15. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

What is the difference in Tudor/5W,3W, and 4-door doors??

What will interchange?

What tudor parts can be used in coupe builds?

ROB

16. Uptown83

Uptown83

a tudor door is the same width as a 3w's door .... different top of course.
    a fordor door is the same width as a 5w's door.... different hinges and a taller top on the B pillar part of the door.

also i believe a tudor has a little different hinges as well... in length. might be wrong

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Man, you guys are making me feel like I cheated somehow...

The day I picked it up...
    [​IMG]

One of the most current photos, about a month or so ago...
    [​IMG]

Vance

EVL401 likes this.
  18. Richard Head

Richard Head

Here's a couple of mine. One is when it was about as far apart as I had it when I was preparing to set what was left of the body on a new floor and a different cowl section. The other picture is probably the most recent picture (1 year ago) of it as it awaits me finishing other peoples projects.

Dave

Attached Files:

19. uncle buck

uncle buck

If you want to push the other guys stuff off to the side,
    I know this guy that knows this other guy , that is really good with bondo... I bet he could have it ready to brush some paint on it before dinner time. A little color sanding starting with some 180 grit and should be able to drive it by morning. Just a thought as you know I am always trying to help........

20. thought id read in one of the repro threads that someone was workin on a steel body like brookville, was i dreaming? or is this so, i know my dad deep down wants a 34 3w or 5w but we can never come across one in the right price/shape.

21. Phil1934

Phil1934

22. thanks for the link phil!

23. More 34's... yeah just can't not love em... I could stare at em all day long and think about there checkered past.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

so Dirtyest Devil, whats the story on all these coupes that you come up with. Are they yours? others? for sale? etc etc. inquiring minds want to know!

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man some of you dudes really work some metal miracles lol

26. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

This '34 belonged to a friend of mine who passed away in a car accident...this is still on of my all time fav. '34's...It was built in the 50's! The body was probably stock, built back then....RIP BOOSTER!!!

Attached Files:

• boo2.jpg
      boo2.jpg
      File size:
      64.9 KB
      Views:
    EVL401, MR CLEAN and mike bowling like this.
  27. April, 2024............
    Got it done and been driving it for a few years now. Used Steve's quarters, decklid and panel below the decklid. Also used Rootlieb hood with 34 chevy hoodsides and 34 chev dash. It was at the body shop for 8 years, working on it on Tuesday and Friday nights.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  28. Some are... some are customers. I bought the vintage racing car, straightend it out, then built it for a local guy. Its channeled and unchopped...he finished some of the detail work. So I'm sure it looks dumb now.

The orange and white coupe just went to Magnus here on the Hamb. They are off to Sweden now... He'll put them back nicely, we'll have to check in on him. I also rounded him up all the right parts for his build, so I'm sure its going to be right on, them Swedes know what their doing.

The twisted 34 is waiting for me...

Then there is my 34 three window. Not finished yet...too busy to keep on her. Needs to be media blasted and painted....then I'll debute her. Have another blister to make out of steel too, then onto the media blasting and paint. These pics of it are from a few months back. It got inner and outer bottom door patches, rockers, and rear bottom quarters. Soon I'll be freed up and can finish it off. Motor was pulled and gone through as well, painted, custom exaust, etc. Waiting for some new 97's from Eric over at Riley Aotomotive, then we can tear up some streets. Stay tuned...

I'm bored already with my 34, after I paint it I'm gonna sell or trade for a 34 roadster or 35/36 coupe or roadster. Probably build a 34 roadster later on, and try and get a 35 thru 39 soon. I want something a little bigger and have plenty of hot rods.

Attached Files:

29. My prize:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  30. couverkid

couverkid

That car was not built in the 50s even if that is the story you got. That car was built in about 2002 to look like it was built in the 50s. It was built by my friend Charlie in oregon. That body was a old race car. He chopped and channeled it over a stock frame added a olds motor and here you have what you see there. It is a scary fast ride.