Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pileup #7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed

We need to flop out a tent city. You know, like Hippies, only cleaner.

2. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

yeah ottawa has plenty of rooms i just double checked again my friend owns the super8 and its a nice clean place and reasonably priced

3. 30 days and counting...See you there if not sooner.

For us early risers or this who don't sleep...Breakfast in Morris, Saturday around 5:30am again this year?!
    Its the old truck stop dinner...Sorry don't remember the name.

If someone could help with the name of the place...that would be great???
    Ray-Gun, Kansas and I will be there maybe the HAMB and Eggers could meet there too??!

4. btbsandman

btbsandman

It's called R Place....

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Catherine have a new boyfriend named Dennis??:eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing you again Mr HotRodeo???:D

xoxox

6. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

cant wait les than a month away its gonna be along month tho this is always the best show of the year

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're working on getting a bank of ATM machines on site so everyone can buy more stuff at the swap meet. I'll keep you posted if we can get this worked out.

8. great - maybe I will just not go to sleep at all... :cool:

9. It's called "R"-Place, northeast corner of I-80 and Rt 47.

Not a bad idea, doubt anybody'll be at Chuck's that day. It'll be a good opportunity to see what the SW Chicago HAMB and Egger's are made of (they're always sayin' they're just comin' in from Friday night at 7:00 at Chucks:D)

10. gearhead 55

gearhead 55

Anyone know of any motels in the area ?

11. silent rick

silent rick

they've been sold out for months. try ottawa or joliet

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You never do so why should this event be any different???:D

13. Catherine,

I'll save some coffee for you and the others that never sleep at night?!:rolleyes:

14. Anyone in the Tri-State area driving out? I'm looking for a back up hauler incase I dont make it. I bought a louver press off an old man, it can be towed behind a car. I'm hoping to make the trip, get the press, hang at the show. But I f I dont, just checking to see if there may be somone going out from my area? Press is in Ill. Pm me, gas monies!

15. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

i forgot about this anybody lookin for a camp ground for the hunnert car pileup in marseilles which is 15 miles west right on the river there is illini state park which has a camp ground which is like 5 dollars a night to camp

16. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Looks like my group is going to have an extra room at the holiday inn in Morris. We've got two rooms booked and it looks like only 4 of us are going. So PM me if interested I think it's around 135 a night, we have both friday and saturday reserved.

17. magnet

magnet

Should be a hoot, campers, get with me when you roll in, i will get you in the right spots etc etc.

The new bar is going to be a good place, looking forward to seeing everyone.

18. Have never been to the pileup but am going to try for the first time. Will be driving up from the Springfield MO area , leaving Friday morning if some one wants to tag along. Got rooms in Ottawa. Looking forward to it.
    Later,
    Dick

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

We arranged for an armored truck to be at the Pileup with 2 ATM machines attached to the side of it. Now you'll be able to get money to buy that rare part you weren't expecting to find. :D The coompany charges $2 or $2.50 per transaction (like most ATMs these days). We get half of that, but like with everything, once our expenses are covered, that money is going to charity.

20. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Quick up date on motels: On the way back from CowboyBob's shindig, stopped in Morris to confirm reservations at Holiday Inn Express. (Whew, mine are good anyway). Went on over to Ottawa, thought we'd spend the night there, but they were sold out Sunday night.

But...for those coming from the west, the Super 8 has 5 rooms left for the 10th and 11th, of October. She said who ever wanted them better call soon, (815) 434-2888... $79.00 plus tax per night. (I've stayed there every year...except this coming year, nice and clean place) There is a Comfort Inn right behind, which is nice too. Resturants within walking distance.

HellRaiser

21. Appleseed

Appleseed

22. Mike,

:eek:Are you the "Camp Fire Troop Leader" too?!?:rolleyes:

See you Friday...if not sooner?!

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Cruisin Concessions (owned by a Voodoo King) will be there bright and early selling coffee and donuts to all the early birds waiting in line. So, you can drink lots of coffee and keep warm and awake... AND there will be portapotties out front to get rid of all that coffee after it warms you up!

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

just don't ask him to show you his "rope trick"

25. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

is there still volunteers needed i can help out with whatever even if u need help before the show gettin stuff done at the grounds i live near by

26. Roupe

Roupe

I saw flooding in Morris, IL on CNN this morning. Is everything ok?

27. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

the flooding is not by the fairgrounds i dont think it reached the downtown but not certain i was downtown morris 2 days ago and it wasnt flooded yet but other parts of town were

28. That's Mr. Voodoo Randy to you and he'll have plenty of hot and cold drinks...Not to mention some good eats for sale...He's the Voodoo King with the Lavinder Caddy that shoots flames
    Yah, I know almost all the Voodoo Kings cars shoot flames...Hence the Voodoo Kings "Ring of Fire"

29. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

voodoo randy has the best corn dogs u can get

30. PoPo

PoPo

which night would be better? I was planning on coming sat morning and staying that night, but just thought it over and friday night might work better than I wouldnt have to drive so darn early from home on Sat morning also. but I would leave in the early evening for home sat night.

Which night is better and WHY?