Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys NORWALK Blue Suede Cruise. KUSTOMS were KING At This Event!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the drags racing looked incredible. digging the nose up Henry

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the photos Kirk. Big Olds is bummed he didn't attend on Saturday but couldn't take the chance with the rear end issue. Being fixed now and will catch up with you and Brandon at the Bowling Green event.

I'm heading to OH for an event in Canton on Sunday. Can you give me an address where this Thompson event is and maybe I'll stop on Saturday??

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

damn! got a bunch of red X's at the end. gotta reload.

I say we paint spiders and bats on this car and get Herman Munster to race Grandpa in Dragula. maybe make the grille shell a headstone.

[​IMG]

4. 65 impala

65 impala

some sweet cars their ohhh yaaaaaa

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what ever happened to Goodguys Nostalgia racing? I used to like the Sears Point Drags.

6. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics as usual KIRK! Thanks for sharing! Thanks to Fonzi, for sharing his photos too!

7. hemi

hemi

Tell that Fonzi creep to stay out of my side hack.. that's for my dog. :D

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That truck rules! The Y-block sounds mean, too...
    Here's a video of it that I shot at Bonneville, three weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

Great pics - Thanks!

Malcolm

9. Dave ... thanks for the explanation ... and here's hoping the weatherman is wrong about this weekend's forecast :( for the Gasser Nationals ... on the bright-side, there is a 60% chance of NO rain on Saturday ... and a 70% chance of clear skies on Sunday! :)

10. poorboy

poorboy

cool pictures! yours were ok too KIRK

11. KIRK! can correct me if I'm wrong ... but the GG's Vintage Drag Racing Association (VRA) no longer holds any meets on the west coast. :( ... in November of 2006, GG's lost the "March Meet" to another promoter (I think the "Auto Club Famosa Raceway" folks are promoting it themselves) ... and since the Bakersfield event was really their only profitable venue, it was no longer financially feasible to hold any other VRA events.

... but this year, after just a one year hiatus, GG's is trying-out 3 VRA events:

* 20th Hot Rod Nationals @ O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN (June 6-8)
    * this event (7th Blue Suede Cruise @ Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH)
    * the 1st GG's Nostalgia Nationals @ Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, KY (October 17-19)

That all stated, I wouldn't hold my breath for a GG VRA event at Sears Point (aka Infineon Raceway) ... though stranger things have happened! ... Who knows, maybe one day Ryan, the Tardel's, and Goodguy's will team up to put on the 1st annual West Coast H.A.M.B. Drags @ Infineon Raceway ... you can't blame a guy for some wishful thinking! :D

12. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Awesome quality pics. Cheers.

13. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

Terrific pics, thanks for sharing them

14. MoparBruce

MoparBruce

Great Pics!!! Did anyone get the NAPA girl's number? :D

15. duffman

duffman

I gotta say I really enjoy the events I have attended in Norwalk/Summit raceway park. Great facilities, on site camping, lots of room for show and vendors. especially nice since they paved the pits a couple years ago.

16. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Thanks for the pics of Sandy Lee, and our club banner. Maybe she'll make the gazette;). Any way, if you guys come back next year the cookout will happen. At least I got to meet you at the show.

17. Pics could only have been better if the BRONZ FONZ had been in them. Great work Kirk.
    Thanks,
    Dick

18. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Great pics, thanks for sharing... I grew up about 20 minutes from Norwalk Dragstrip... awesome location...

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

It was.

The Henry J is not a wheel-stander. He had a single and got more traction than he was expecting. He said he hurt the oil pan, but was still able to run the next round.

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

21. Damm Kirk, awesome coverage...I really like the little green Ford 100E

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wow, you nailed it!

Goodguys did NOT want to end the VRA, but had no choice. The March Meet was the only "drag only" event that made a profit. With it gone there was no justification to continue VRA.

The drag/show events Goodguys does now are the same cool stuff, there's just no points series attached.

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great photos, I love the super-super-super slo-mo feel each of your pics possesses!

Nice to see hot rods and customs living together in beautiful candy coated harmony....

What do you need the phone number of a 17 year old girl for?
    hahaa

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

GREAT to see the old funnys too! That Maverick with a more psychedelic paint job would be INSANE!! BRING on the multi color candies!!!!!!!!!

25. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

The Fonz is... the greatest hot rod photographer... who has ever lived...

His blog is incredible.

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know. I wish more of them would go with older looking paint jobs.

27. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Fonzie is kinda like Elvis.....He's everywhere! Ya know waht's goin' on in the tBermuda Triangle? Fonzie needs boats. Captain Fonz, Commondore Fonze......

28. The Fonz

The Fonz
    from Milwaukee

All true!

29. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Thanks for the coverage Kirk. The first 33 5 window and the green F100 really turn my CRANK!

30. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

What's going on at the bottom of those headers? It looks anodized.