Register now to get rid of these ads!

Came close to punching out a junk collector...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Giant, Sep 9, 2008.

1. zbuickman

zbuickman

The assholes have a little gimmik here.... they stop by knock on your door and procede to explain the city has an ordinace against cars sitting in one spot for more than 24 hrs. and hes been autherized to remove the cars. and offers $100. he also is holding a pad of paper and is writing shit on it saying that hes written you down and youll be recieving a ticket if its not gone.

Theres only two thing wrong with this dumbasses lie

1 He looks like a junker.. junk truck and all
    2 I dont live in the Fing city??????? Im 5 miles out of town :eek:

2. you asked and here is the direct result of "RUNNING OVER" a shitbag tweaker at 4am, ripped the bumper cover clean off the front of my jeep and pinned that mutherfucker under the front differential! damm near went to fucking jail so be careful when your protecting your property!:mad:

Attached Files:

3. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Waste not Ab....

Wasted.... "They" run the alleys here, cutting the power ground cables off the poles to sell for scrap. They can only get up about 6-7 ft so there's cables just dangling down from the poles.

How much can 30 feet of copper be worth?

4. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Well, since my trailer was stolen awhile back, I'm VERRRRRY leary of people who even slow down to look at my RPU or projects in passing. I'll even keep a pen close by and start writing tag numbers down on my hand or arm or anything else that is close. As soon as they see me looking 'hard' at them, they tend to just cruise on by.

However, my neighbors are watching closer now, so we're all hoping to be a bit more reactive instead of just proactive with these fuckers around here.

5. Here in Georgia, I think you could use the "he needed killin'" defence in a case like that;-)

6. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Ya got to be careful now a days ,
    low life are stealing all kinds of good shit from anybody they can,
    and don't care who's it is.
    Ya might want to keep a closer eye on you stuff or maybe even lock it up(if you don't already),
    People around here are stealing shit like manhole covers and phone booths,and the yards don't care ,they buy the shit and know that theses crackheads don't own fucking manhole covers with STATE PROPERTY stamped on it...
    ITS getting the fuck outta hand and its seems like the crazys are running the show!

7. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

Gas Giant-- You live in Fla.,as do I. Lived here all my life. Recently has become scumbag mecca. Had a similiar experience, except scumbag came back later that day an decided to have alook around with two of his tweaker buds(later found to be his"cousins"). I was inside having a cold drink, wife was in shower. Heard something in garage and went to look. Two of them hauling my tools out, third in car at end of driveway. Locked door to house behind me and started"discussing" the situation with them. Tweak #1 hit me with my own floor jack, which he swung like a bat. Tweak #2 ran for the car. All 3 out ran me. The one in the car tried to run me over, and lightly knocked me into neighbors yard. I still have a slight limp. Cops caught them w/ my stuff 30 min. later.Went to court, all 3 walked. Get a permit to carry, and dont be afraid to use it. I had one and didn't. Arresting officer and first cop on scene said it was a shame I didn't. My $.02. Lock your shit up.

8. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I'd kicked his ass and took his money. Don't you talk shit about how much you got around me might get your ass shot or rob'd.

just kidding

9. elwood blues

elwood blues

I dont get that shit man I do go looking for cars and parts around neighborhood and at street rod shops but I'm not looking for stuff to scrap or just to sale outright I'm looking to help out my builds I hate guys like this assholes.

10. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

hell yeah! kick that guys ass for me!

11. I used to do the scrap metal thing back in the '70s. Me and my bro had two trucks and would get everything on the up and up. We made some bucks, but it was still hard work humping diesel engine blocks and other heavy shit around.

Today, things are tough and homeless/unemployed people are the bottom tier of recyclers. Too bad some of the douche bags have no brains and no heart.

I was also in the junk car business for a while. My buddy's wife took a town letterhead from something official, doctored it up with mumbo jumbo from the town code books about having junk cars on your property. She did a great cut and paste job, it looked very real. His son went around after school, and anyone with an un-plated car on their property got one in their mail box.

The kid followed up two days later by dropping our towing business card in their mail box. I'd say that the deal had about a 25% success rate for getting people to call and say "come get my car".

Bob

12. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Must have been before the castle law in florida. You don't have to retreat anymore.

A sergeant friend of mine once told me, the police are like historians. They come to your house after it happens and say "what happened?"

Although it's a right to carry (thank god), the real fight happens after you ,hopefully you never will, pull the trigger.

Pull it if you have to...

13. Checksix!

Checksix!

I think I threw gravel in this guy's face for looking over my fence.

Dave

14. My family has been racing dirt track cars for years. One day we're pulling a motor to swap a trans on the nova and some random messicans show up outta nowhere. We are hidden in the back behind the house and they walk up the driveway as I look their way and they ask can we have your old car batteries. I tell them get the f outta here right now or I will fill ya full of lead and not from the batteries, you are trespassing! Mofos took off fast like it when I went for the (TOOL) box. Conceal and Carry Weapons license (CCW) boys, only way to go.-Weeks

"The Great Depression, like most other periods of severe unemployment, was produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent instability of the private economy.-Milton Friedman, vote wisely!"

15. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Oh one last thing, throw some camera's up. There really getting cheaper. A couple hundred bucks and they think twice. I have them and record them. I've even had some douche bags test to see if they're on, by standing in the alley and smashing things on the ground, occasionally looking at the camera. I just let the amstaff out and watch'em run. Few times of that and the action slowed down. I guess the word got out that this place is not an easy mark.

16. ricofan68

ricofan68
    from Austin, TX

Crazy, I could understand if the cars were out in the driveway or something. But to call them junk is just a plain insult, especially when they are in the garage.

17. Rockys Rod Shop

Rockys Rod Shop
    from nj

I have a guy who's been taking my scrap for 20 years he use to be a truck mechinc till he took a split rim ring to the head in 81. I never take money from him for alum wheels or cats even gave him a van for his wife thats in a wheel chair. So one nite not to long ago im in the shop at about 3 am workin on my race car and i hear some noise out side my shop i look and its to wet backs going threw my scrap the windows open so i have a old stevens 10 gage sidebyside i hang it out the window and wapp one of them in the top of the head and ask if anything there worth dieing for well the two of them start running and dont stop leave the junk truck thay drove behind. Well i gave it to Charly my scrap guy to scrap :)

ROCKY IN NJ

18. I keep all my goods locked up and out of sight, even the junk! I don't even like opening my big garage door unless there's a few cars in the driveway. I keep the big tool boxes out of plain sight and the machine shop equipment is in a separate room.

If y'all don't have an alarm system, get one. My garage was robbed in '02, must have been crack heads, not much was taken. The alarm works off the main one in the house, has a transmitter that works by FM (fuckin' magic). The side door is steel, I built a new jamb for the deadbolt from a piece of 6061-T6 aluminum and its lag bolted deep into the frame.

Bob

19. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

You watch too many cop movies. 90% of these people are illegal immigrants with no names/social security numbers etc. The police can't/won't do shit about it, and good luck prosecuting the guy who wanted to buy your junk cars as the arson involved in your house now being a pile of ash.

20. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I was also in the junk car business for a while. My buddy's wife took a town letterhead from something official, doctored it up with mumbo jumbo from the town code books about having junk cars on your property. She did a great cut and paste job, it looked very real. His son went around after school, and anyone with an un-plated car on their property got one in their mail box.

The kid followed up two days later by dropping our towing business card in their mail box. I'd say that the deal had about a 25% success rate for getting people to call and say "come get my car".

Bob[/QUOTE]

That just makes you a lying scumbag in my opinion and you should get the same punishment as these other assholes that steal stuff.

21. Rem

Rem

It's a sad reflection on this whole world that the same shit goes on over here as well. It's not just stealing from people's driveways - the thieving pikeys have been round stealing cast iron drain covers out of the road, whole sections of power cables from trenches, and anything else that isn't nailed down tight.

22. what junk? i dont see no freakin junk!

23. streetsweeper

streetsweeper
    from the stix

i agree the junk men around here are pretty damn stupid. i traded a 55 buick and a 47 ford (both four door cars) both in running driving condition for a 51 chevy truck. the buick had brand new nos wheels and new witewall tires all of the stainless and a title! now don't get me wrong the car needed some work but it ran and had the nailhead engine in it! well he hauls it off as junk! and got a whopping $450 bucks for it? what a dumbass! i had i guy that would have bought the motor for more than that? now he wants to trade me the frame and drivelin (flathead v-8 and three speed tranny)out from under the 47 ford and all he wants is an s-10 frame? so i guess sometimes it pay to know dummies like this?

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I have a shot gun at each end of the shop where the doors are. Lucky I only have friends come by. If some one has gun shot residue on his hands when he's found , from the fired gun in his hand, should be all right.
    Don't come at me with bogus paper work from the city/county. you can see jail time.

25. James427

James427
    BANNED

I had a scrapper steal a Fiat 600 from me and take it to the crusher. Found out who he was, the scrapper ID'ed him. He got $68 for it because it was so small. I had $500 worth of parts already sold and spoken for from the car that he crushed. The cops didn't do shit about it. The same mother fucker came by my shop asking me if I would let him haul off a 68 Ford Wagon I had. I said sure, as soon as you pay me for the Fiat you stole you !#$%@#^$%.

26. That just makes you a lying scumbag in my opinion and you should get the same punishment as these other assholes that steal stuff.[/quote]

Well Aussie boy, when we're looking for a new nuclear waste dump site and I have any say in the matter in the location, you know where it'll be. May the fleas of a thousand camels invade your armpits- Johnny Carson.

27. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we had stuff stolen from us a couple weeks ago. a 57 chevy rearend, a 63 nova rearend and a s10 rearend. now we have to go to court and hopefully get something out of them since they were cought. dam scrapers.....jones

28. Pscott

Pscott

I tried to Google search for the news report of stolen railroad tracks that happened nearby, just a couple months ago. Stupid mofo's somehow lashed the track sections to their bumper and the Cops just followed the drag marks to the culprits! Anyway, Google returned hundreds of thousands of stories about scrappers stealing railroad tracks and even BRIDGES! all around the world.

29. I wouldn't brag about this.

30. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Well Aussie boy, when we're looking for a new nuclear waste dump site and I have any say in the matter in the location, you know where it'll be. May the fleas of a thousand camels invade your armpits- Johnny Carson.[/quote]

Dude, I have to agree with Aussie Steve, thats a low down, underhanded, asshole way of doing things. I can't believe that your are actually bragging about it, then jumping on someone when the point out the obvious.