Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pileup #7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 11, 2008.

1. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Just called to make a reservation. The lady said she cannot make reservations because all surrounding campgrounds are full of pipeline workers. They are living in the campgrounds for the duration of the pipeline project. She said call the day before to see if there is an opening.

2. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Does anyone know if we can park and stay in a motorhome in the Speedway parking lot? I heard we can but want to make sure its ok.

3. You can but there are no facilities. We are renting a couple of extra portapotties to put outside the gate.

4. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

I passed out infornt of the gate last year and woke up to a purple chevy custom thing revving some ridiculous engine at me. THen I slept for anothe rhalf hour in a car with a butter troll, a sloth and a back up dancer for a local christian pop band, and Im not kidding.

5. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

We have a fully self contained motorhome. We should be good.

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

Can't wait, LuckysGal and I will be there for our third Pileup and my sedan's first. I'm going to take my hot rod out on a little stretch of Route 66 too. We wait all year for this show, it's our absolute favorite and it's only a month away now!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm leaving Farmington Hills at noon on Friday and heading straight for Morris. What time are you two planning on leaving the tri-cities area?

8. GTS225

GTS225

I checked on my reservation over the weekend, and asked about rooms. The Super 8 in Yorkville claims to have some available yet, in case anybody's interested.

Roger

9. Lucky77

Lucky77

Denise, we're leaving Bay City really early like 4:00 am on Friday. We want to get to Chicago around 9-10 to have breakfast at Lou Mitchell's. After that we're headed to Joliet where we're staying and get some pictures of the sedan out on Route 66 before we head back for the pre party. I'm sure we'll see you there:D

10. Brandi

Brandi

Just booked my flight this evening. :D Looking forward to meeting some Midwestern HAMBers!!

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

I need to clarify this. You may camp in the grassy spectator parking lot area at the Fairgrounds for free, BUT there are no showers, electricity, or anything like that (just a portapottie). You will NOT be allowed to build a campfire. Whatever camping you do needs to be off to the side because you will get run over if you're in the middle or anywhere near the roads leading in. I'm not kidding. :)

I have some bad news. The Pinks broke up and will no longer be playing on Saturday night. I tried to convince them to do one more show, but apparently it was a bad break up. :( I'm working on another good band to replace them, so fear not!

32 DAYS TO GO!!!

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yep, that sucks.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

If you missed the Pinks last year... you really missed out! :(

OTOH, I found a great replacement band... the Aquaholics... they're a bunch of hot rodders who play great surf, so you'll dig 'em!

[​IMG]

REMINDER --- if you want to sell anything at the Pileup, the registration deadline is OCTOBER 1! The only exception is for swap meet spaces (old car parts only) which are available up until the day of the show at 8:30am. $60. Contact me for details.

14. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I'm finishing up the rebuild of the Rochester on my YF's Star Chief...hopefully roadworthy by the weekend.

15. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep, that's them. I haven't had time to post links, pics, etc... so thanks!

17. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

We'll be leaving Troy around that time, no hotrods :( just the burban. We'll try and meet ya on 696.

18. greendream

greendream

I might just end up "camping out" there. Is that okay for Friday night and Saturday night? Or just Friday night? Look forward to helping out this year and all the fun that comes along with the show!

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

Both nights. They're pretty cool there at the Fairgrounds... as long as you follow the rules... no glass bottles, no pets, no fires, etc

20. Wowcars

Wowcars

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Oh well, I'm still going!

21. they were great last year shame they wont be there this year still looking forward to going the 2nd time for the ny roadrats might have a few more people coming from long island and still have no rooms somebody book the last room the same time I did and they gave it to them but we will still bring the tents just incase pray for indian summer either that or we better put some heat in the car this time ha ha

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  22. Hellfish

Hellfish

You could try Ottawa. It's a nice little town on the river. IT's about 15-20 minutes west on I-80 from the Fairgrounds. Prices should be cheaper than Joliet.

23. hey but theres nothing like staying real close to town so we dont miss anything thanks hre

24. Can't wait to see ya!!!

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WHAT??? No wagon with mini-bikes???:(
    696 to 275 to m14 to 94

26. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Nope, although I could still bring the mini's but I'm betting they don't want to see Buckle wipe out....:D

I'm starting the house construction so I can't afford to have anything go wrong both time and $$ for the wagon. It would probably be fine and dandy like going to Dayton, but at this point I can't risk it.

28. cant wait to see you and denis also

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Now THAT would be a show. I saw Slayer with the Unsane a few years ago. One of the best shows I've ever been to, and I'm not even that into (music) metal.

30. Moparhead

Moparhead

:eek::eek::eek::eek: