Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who's going to the Vintiques Rod Run in Watertown, SD this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagehotrods, Sep 4, 2008.

1. September 5th, 6th and 7th this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Who's planning on going to the Vintiques 29th Annual Rod Run and Campout in Watertown, SD?

Always a good time, good people, great food, a killer garage tour and a lot of nice cars. Probably the biggest club sponsored rod run in South Dakota and it looks like the weather will be pretty nice (it's not always nice this time of year:().

Here's the link to the Vintiques website, just click on "events" and then "2008 Rod Run" for a map, list of motels and a schedule: http://www.vintiquescarclub.com/

For More Information Call: Kevin 605-882-2952 or Bill 605-886-8585

Maybe a HAMB meet and greet at the downtown car show on Saturday??

Wear your Jalopy Journal or HAMB shirts so we can see who's who.

I'll be in the dark gray '32 Pickup, camping out in the Burro trailer and with the lovely wife.

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thought I would make it and discussed it with Dad but I have contractors coming Monday am (1-2weeks early) to tear into our house for a major remodel. So I'll be bustin' ass this weekend to get prepped for them.

Post some pics!

3. Dyce

Dyce

I'm asshole deep slamming cylinder sleeves in my hemi saturday. Was going but I have to much work to get away.....

4. 31Rodder

31Rodder

Oops, I missed this thread. Great time in Watertown. I will post some pics up later.

5. buflochp

buflochp
    from Minnesota

I know you guys got some pictures, cause I kept stumbing in front of you when you were trying to get a shot. Come on.... Share a little...:D Great weekend, Outstanding Cars, and Terrific Food. Special Thanks to all the Lady's who worked so hard, girls you rock...

Buflochp

I'll Be Back...

6. 31Rodder

31Rodder

Here are a few pics from the 29th Annual Vintiques Rod Run, I heard they had 351 entires this year! This was another great weekend.

Attached Files:

7. 31Rodder

31Rodder

few more

Attached Files:

8. The car count was way over three hundred cars, much more than what was expected but the Vintiques pulled it off in style as usual. It rained lightly a few times downtown but by dinner time out at the lake the sun was out and it was a beautiful evening. My '32 pickup and the Burro camper passed it's first pulling reliability and comfort test and we had a great time.

Here's some pics from the morning garage tour and the afternoon downtown show on Saturday:

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2008 Vintiques Rod Run in Watertown, SD</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2008 Vintiques Rod Run in Watertown, SD</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. 31Rodder

31Rodder

last set, I was too busy enjoying the event to take many pictures.

Attached Files:

10. New job kept me home Jerry. Looked like fun. I get a kick outta watching civilians looking at cars in the pics........you can usually tell;)

11. And some more

12. And some more:

13. Here are a few. May be some duplicates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. and the last of em...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks for the pictures guys!!! Looks like I missed anouther good one

16. great pics Eyeball, Jerry and others! But someone needs to tell the owner of that Nailhead powered Model A that he sure has a clash of themes going on?:eek: Breaks a rule of picking an era I once heard about.:p And also some mantra of a car can only have 3 colors with the black on the tires counting as one;)

What was Kilmers quote in Tombstone about hypocracy?:rolleyes:

17. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

It was great seeing everybody and there were a lot of quality cars for sure. I was lame and had a dead battery and no charger for my camera so I need to steal some of these...

18. buflochp

buflochp
    from Minnesota

Yep!!! I knew you guys would come thru, terrific pictures, they will recharge my memory all winter. I am going to be dreaming '36 Roadsters for months, Blue one night, Maroon the next. Thanks for a great weekend.

Buflochp

" Ok Toad, we'll take um all."

19. TomH

TomH

Trent, your going to have to call "the man" with the nailhead yourself. ;)

Attached Files:

20. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Nice pictures, looks like fun, sorry I missed it this year. Just can't be every where!!
    Thanks for sharing.................Dale

21. Doubtfull we will get that close. But it shows you need to be carefull what you preach, had a local mention the contradictions to me last week.:rolleyes:

Really looks like the event was good this year. Event threads like this are a motivator to get the Tudor done. Thanks guys!

22. 65 impala

65 impala

great pics some nice cars their huh

23. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

Looks like a good turnout and i even recognize a few of the cars in the pictures. I was planning on going because I'm in brookings going to school and i figured it would be a good show, but i didn't have anyone to run up their with, now i wished i would've went. I missed out. Hopefully next year though

24. Dale, just when I thought you were everywhere! You need to hire a full time mechanic/detail man (me):D to maintain your fleet so you don't have to come home and have to work on those darn cars. That way you could just come home to exchange rides, or better yet, I'd bring them to you! Then you could be burning up the roads of America 24/7!!

By the way, when are you leaving for Kerrville, Texas? Wish I could make that one. I'm signed up but I don't think its going to work unless I leave the wife home (she's got to work).

25. I am going with my sons. 58 Impala, and a 63 Riviera.