Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked my T Bucket and lived.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 6, 2008.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. I Just got home from the hospital. All I got was bruises and cuts, so the doc says I'll be sore as hell tomorrow and maybe a few days after that. Needless to say, I'm F'in PISSED! Oh, I hit a cop car, BUT it was the cops fault.

I was traveling north bound on a two way street and approaching a 4 way intersection. The light was green both ways, but in this intersection,there is a left turn green as well, but you have to yield to oncoming traffic. As I approached the intersection, 2 cars turned in front of me, they had plenty of time to make it. But just as got about 10 or 15 feet to the intersection, a damn cop car turns in front of me and I hit him. Needless to say, I came to a complete halt. Me having a grip on the steering wheel and my right hand some how coming up, kept me from flying out over or through the windshield.

Now, here's the messed up part. Yea, it gets ugly. The cop gets out of his car, runs over to me (I'm still sitting in my T Bucket dazed) and yells, "YOU RAN A RED LIGHT!". He NEVER asked how I was or if I needed help. All he wanted to do was get out of it. We went back and forth until more units showed up. About 9 in all. I guess when he called it in, every cop in the area responded. As they showed up, each one went to their buddie to see how he was first. He's sitting in the damn cop car with the A/C blowing and I'm pinned in my car, sitting in the sun. Thanks for the concern, fellas. In fact, after sitting around waiting for the cops to do all their investigating, he NEVER came over to say he was sorry or see how I was.

So, turns out, there was a witness and I know he told them what happened, in my favor. I didn't get a ticket, but I got a form that I have to turn in to get reimbursed by the City of Houston, when a city vehicle messes up your property. It has a case number and all pertinent info.I called my insurance and an agent will be calling me Monday. Tomorrow, I'll go to the storage lot and get pics.

Guys, I'm sick to my stomach. Basicly, the whole engine and tranny moved forward about 4". the motor mounts stayed attached to the frame and engine and just bent forwrd. The tranny ripped from the mount and thus pulled the driveshaft out of the rearend, I guess. Won't know until tomorrow.

There's something really messed up, looking at your dream, smashed to hell and knowing it wasn't your fault. All I can do is hope this turns out well.

2. Cars can be re-built. Thank God you can still type this on the HAMB. Good Luck

3. skyrodder

skyrodder

Damn this sux man, i am glad your ok, and I hope it all works out..

4. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

Good luck, hope you feel better. State owned property damage can get tricky, just remain persistant.

Jon

5. mac762

mac762

First of all, fuck the police, I have no need for them. Screw that chickenshit cop.
    I'm glad you're alright man. I read about your build a lot when I was thinking about a T bucket, and I know you put a lot of heart, money, and time into it. I hope you make out alright, and the car car be saved. Since you can do your own wrenching you should be alright. Later Josh.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Really sorry to hear about your car man, but I'm glad you're OK. You will probably be VERY sore tomorrow. Once the emotional shock wears off, you'll actually start to realize how much your body aches. Don't be afraid to go back to the doctor, your health is nothing to screw with.

That said, contact an attorney if needed. The cities have deep pockets, and they can right the wrong.

I hate cops

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

sorry to hear this man. I feel terrible for you. But like said before give thanks that you are ok.

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thank God your OK .If the Cop was as bad as you say hold his ass to the fire he has supervisors and also a chief and Mayor and city council members he works under .Bad cops have no business having a job . This will not be the last time he fucks up.At least you are luck and lived .

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

:( At least you are able to post this up.

Good luck with the fight!

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You are alright and that's what counts.

11. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

12. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

glad you are ok....
    im sure they will pay for the damage,,
    actually sounds like you may have a good lawsuit,,especially since there was a witness,,,,,,

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, guys. All I want is for my insurance company and the city to do me right, so I can get her back on the street. I'm not one to seek revenge and sue, but that cop really could have just asked how i was. Instead, he sat in his car and only got out to tell his lie to any other cop who would listen. But as he told his story about my light being red, the other cops would look at the lights cycle and know he was full of shit. Because in order for my light to be red, his would have to be too. Plus, this intersection has cameras. he screwed up big time and I let them know it.

I'm not worried about a damn thing. I just want my car made right.

14. Blu Bro

Blu Bro
    from Dixie

15. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

Nothing in this world is sicker than a trained police officer who has sworn an oath to serve and protect the general population, looking out for his own ass and leaving his victim to die in the blazing Texas sun.

I am so glad you survived. You deserve to be fairly compensated for what this degenerate police officer, who brings shame upon the entire law enforcement community, has done to you and your life. Thank goodness other officers showed up in time to moderate his behavior before he had time to finish you and the lone witness off.

16. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Thank god you are alright . .
    I am sorry about you t-bucket that really sucks. I have been watching your progress on her and you did a good job on her......... I hope you will be able to recover what you lost. My advice get some legal advice.
    Keep us posted.
    good luck

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

Oh.... Dang Fred... that just breaks my heart!! So glad you're alright... it's fixable though!!

18. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Thank god you had a witness. Otherwise this would be even uglier. Glad you're OK; hope the car is, too.

19. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear the bad news. That said, find a personal injury Lawyer (ambulance chaser), using the eyewitnes sue the Cop, City ,ect. and make em pay for being an asshole. Think Big ,maybe you can fix your T and have a new garage,or a new car ect.to boot. Good Luck

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Well, I don't hate cops but this sounds bad. Glad you weren't hurt worse Fred. Not much protection in a t bucket.

21. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Nail that cop, if he gets away with being a creap others will think they can too, stop the rot.
    They are only tough when they have a gun and a badge should have got all the other cop car numbers as well since that was a waste of public resources.

Not all cops are bad, but it only takes few bad ones to put you off them thats for sure.

Glad you are OK and I hope you can solve the money, legal and rebuild stuff quickly.

Tx cops well, I nearly got shot by one for doing 3mph over the limit on a main highway.
    Just cos the guy was having a bad hair day or something!
    Not my favorites that for sure

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  22. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear this!
    I really hope you get things worked out!

Norton

23. Young1

Young1

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. You know I really enjoyed reading about your build. I'm glad your alright and hopefully you will be able to rebuild an even better t-bucket.

24. Fred, sorry to read this man, you worked hard on that bucket and were very proud of it. That being said glad you are ok and get an attourney to get that video of the intersection before it disappears.

25. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thats fucked,,glad your ok (?)

hope it doesnt turn out the way it did when i went through an intersection one lovely sunny day and a city bus that was STOPPED at the bus stop,DECIDED to pull out of the bus stop and into my path, the BUS sideswipped my right REAR quarterpanel,,,,but guess what....i WAS FOUND GUITLY incourt!!!!!!!!!

good luck fighting the city...

,,as Dr.J says "the goverment is the biggest GANG"

26. dbradley

dbradley

Glad to hear you're OK. In reading your post I have to ask if you had seat belts and were using them. You talk about a firm grip on the wheel........ When you rebuild, install belts and please use them.

27. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

Sounds like you may be in for a fight. If the cop acted like that, thats a tell tail sign of how the rest of the dept will handle the situation. Remember, he was trained by someone higher up. As stated before, lawyer up!

Good to see you are OK, and alive. You will heal and so will the bucket.

In Tx, you will be contacted for weeks about getting medical help by ambulace chasers "rehabilitaion facilities." Be carefull. Go see a doctor.

Persistence will be key. This could takes years to clear up. The city council may have to take a vote to pay you off.

28. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

That sucks man hope it works out for you.Ah yes Houston's finest ummm hmmm....

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nope, wasn't wearing them., but considering the position I ended up in, I really think things would have been a bit worse. I'm not sure how high my car lifted up, but it did lift.

30. Thank the Lord you are alive to fight this. Hope everything goes your way.

Cooter