Register now to get rid of these ads!

What cool car did you own in your Senior Year of high school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Aug 29, 2008.

1. 64Belvedere

64Belvedere
    from Alabama

I drove a '64 Plymouth Belvedere during my senior year. [​IMG]

Twenty-three years later, she's still parked in the driveway. Still wearing the same Cragar's I bought in high school......
    [​IMG]

2. Yelton57

Yelton57
    BANNED

I had a '50 chevy pickup slammed with black suede, wide whites and flipper caps. Nobody got it back then though. My other ride was a shiny but bone stock '50 desoto 4dr. I traded that car for a '50 shoebox. I drove the truck daily until 2 years ago.

3. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

It was either a 34 chev. 4dr sedan or a 46 chev. 2dr sedan, I just don't remember, as that was 50 yrs ago.If it was the 46, it ran a split exhaust manifold, moon disks & with whites & a 2x1 Edmunds intake.I could break windows with the duel exhaust tho.

4. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Yeah, looked good then and now.

5. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

I had an ol '40 chevy my pops passed to me. the car sure was lucky.

6. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

1957 chevy rag top

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

Cruised in a '52 Chevy custom very low and slow with TJ tuck n' roll, Cal spots and lake pipes WWW and 4/bar lancers. Pickup the name Cruiser in high school for cruising around and around our H.S.. Sure miss that 2/D.

CRUISER :cool:

8. CurtRod58

CurtRod58

Had a nice full fendered '33 Ford PU with chopped top, 327, T350 and GTO 12 bolt posi 4 link rear. Also had a Corvair front end with a Pinto R&P steering (remember those, old-timers?) My dad and I built it. Great stoplight to stoplight rig but once it hit about 80 it was "hold on!!"

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

68 Dodge Charger.

10. Senior year? A Datsun pickup.

Before my senior year, however, I did have a 69 AMC SC/Rambler and a 69 Mustang Mach 1. The AMC was my first car, I bought it for $500.00 when I was 14. It was a total shit pile, but I got it from the old lady across the street. It was her son's car, but he had died years ago. I got it running and on the road, and sold it before I turned 16. With the $$ from that car, I bought the mustang. I couldn't afford both the gas and insurance to drive it, so I sold it and bought the Datsun.

Biggest mistake of my life. Well, except for the getting married part...

11. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

1957 2 door hardtop, 283 daul quad, 3 speed on the floor....by the time I was 23 put it back BONE stock.....

12. I had a 74 Stingray. Warmed up 350 with a 4 speed and all the smog crap ripped out. My shop teacher had a 67 Camaro and I'd always challenge him to a run at the strip, but he'd never accept.
    A buddy had a 64 Imp with a 327 and there was a guy with a 70 Chevelle SS drop top, but mine was the fastest. :D
    On a side note, my driver's ed teacher used his own cars to teach the class. one was a jeep cherokee, but the other was a 5.0 mustang gt drop top. i already knew how to drive, so i would get a little "excited" driving the mustang for class, lol.

13. LongT

LongT

1939 Ford Coupe, sbc 1965

14. bottom feeder

bottom feeder

1966 Dodge Charger 383 with a four speed. paid $450.00 for it.

15. I remember doing this a few weeks ago, still had a '63 Impala SS Convertable with a 283. Did the trick for me.

16. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Started senior year with a '69 Nova SS, 350 4speed.
    Ended with a 396/375 '69 Chevelle SS

now that i think about it...both were dark green, black interior, Heidi's footprints on the headliner...... :D

17. kooldaddy-o

kooldaddy-o

70 Nova,327 four speed I put together from 6 power glide...2.02 heads etc. Made power after about 3K ran I think 2:73 gears as we raced mile marker to mile marker...car would go about 68 mph or so in second gear(from my memory) and would start to get way too light in the front end at about 130...all fun and games untill the hood came up and off at about 100 one night

18. My first build @ age 15. 54 Merc, 256, 3spd, Foxcraft shift (go on and laugh). It was a rusted out hulk with no chrome and all the holes left and numerous dents, etc. Re-painted the dash and window bezels red and of course had to chamfer the hood to let out all that heat generated by my hot mill, (snicker). Used what parts I could scrounge around.
    [​IMG]

All my buddies were buying GTOs. Even though I was working since I was 11 I couldn't afford to buy a new car so I built my Poor Man's Goat. It was a 66 Tempest Custom. Has 6 cylinder front springs and over a period of time, (read that as, after I blew up engine, clutch, tranny, rear) it ran a 400ci out of a nearly new 68 Bonneville, Zoom racing clutch and pressure plate, M22 , Chevelle 12 w/3:55s along with various other modifications. There wasn't a GTO or Chevelle in my 5 town area that could take the PMG down. The Tempest was a real sleeper. I also had a 40 Olds 66 at the time in original condition but not running. A future project that I never got to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  19. Chops

Chops

A bone stock 64 Cadillac Eldorado convertible white on white with WWW. God I miss that car.

20. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

did they call you boss hog? :D

Worked on my 32 all through high school but never managed to finish it. still sitting in storage 10 years later :rolleyes:

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

i had my sedan delivery, but due to some trouble with the law (bullshit laws) i wasnt allowed to drive till 18... why not you may ask? because i got caught driving when i was 15.

22. 1932 ford roadster. I built it when I was 14 years old.

23. photofink

photofink

(read in very cocky voice)
    Car ??!! Yeah...I had an '80 Vespa P200. Thats right boys and girls...I had a Vespa. A real mans ride. Not a motorcycle , not a moped, a scooter...with shiny chrome bars...

24. Algon

Algon

I had a never to be completed 68 400 Firebird drag car I was redoing and another one that I drove Senior year in primer. I bought a 60 Ventura 2dr hardtop soon after and gave the second bird to my brother.

The toughest car around school was a hideous pro street ElCamino with a blown small block. It was broke half the time but no else had anything that fast. The bird was to get a serious 455 on nitrous and a hidden tube frame just to take this guy out but I sold it and went after a 60 Catalina 2dr sedan to lift and straight axle.

25. Jay71

Jay71

Class of 89'. Cruised a 1972 Nova. 307/350 combo. Shaved emblems and trim. Grey primer. Cragers. Stink bug stance and surf racks. Good times!

26. Didn't own a car, had to drive my moms ford taurus, and occasionally my dads dodge dakota. I redeemed myself by purchasing a 51 merc pickup as my first vehicle right outta high school. Still own it and it's still rusty.

27. Early in my senior year I had a '40 Pontiac coupe, black, super cherry body, white painted dash and window garnish mouldings and wide whites.
    My buddys and I pulled the stock "6" and replaced it with a '53 Olds 303".
    Never really got it running correctly due to a lack of money and fabricating ability.
    I sold it to a guy in Watertown who worked in a muffler shop and he was able to do more with it than my skills allowed.
    Wish I could find it again.
    In November I replaced the Pontiac with a mint '57 BelAir convertible.
    It was that Dusk Rose color, white top and a white and silver interior.
    This gets better.
    Under it's hood was a new "crate" 365 H.P. 327" Chevy engine the previous owner had installed 3 months earlier.
    It was a 3 speed Hurst shiter , black face S/W tach high atop the dash, quiet stock duals and a huge Carter AFB.
    A cool ride for any 17 year old for sure!
    Scary fast too.
    Now it gets bad.
    My grades dropped by early spring and Dad ordered it to be sold.
    I was devastated...... I was angry at him too for ordering the '57 to be dumped.
    I hoofed around in a pair of sneakers 'till june when I graduated.
    I attended the prom in my Mom's '60 Mercury long roof.
    It was humiliating.
    A few years later though things improved.
    My Dad made it up to me and co-signed for a Fuelie Bel Air hardtop, a '58 'Vette and other sick 50's , 60's and 70's rides.
    He really was a great Dad, knew what was the right action to take.
    I learned...........You can always replace a great car, you can't replace a fine Dad.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  28. Yonkers NY, 1964 graduated from Saunders T&T High School, for most of the year had a 60 Chevy 2 DR SD, 283 with a 3 speed, don't have that car but do have another 60 now!

29. emtr2

emtr2

1969 chevy chevelle SS 396.
    N70x15 on the back
    black pearl with pink detail.

30. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Yeah, I remember when you were a 'MOD' flying all over town on that scooter with your trench coat flapping in the wind!

Remember that time you tried to attach your longbard to it, and it tipped over like Fred Flintstone's car when he put that rack-a-ribs on it? Memer? You memer...

My 'rad ride' was a '70 Dodge Dart, with a slant-6 and 3 on-the-tree. If I wound it out to redline (about 3900 RPM:D) I could speed shift into 2nd and 'chirp' the tires! (OK, just one tire) Even with those little pizza-cutter tires, it was still just a 'chirp'. What a chick-magnet that car was...