Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dayton, Ohio H.A.M.B folks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelabrian, Dec 24, 2005.

1. modelabrian

modelabrian

O.K. guys and gals, I'm moving to Dayton, Ohio and looking for other folks in the area. Any help would be great!
    THANKS MUCH!

Model A Brian

2. du$ty

du$ty

im about 40 miles south...theres a few here and there ...and theres some shit going on this spring and summer...get at me..

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

You're only gonna be an hour from some of us guys on the east side of Indianapolis too.

4. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm just east of Columbus-give me a shout if you need anything. Welcome to Ohio! Once it warms up-there will be a lot of events. Would like to see your model a.

5. Olson

Olson

I'm 'bout 40 minutes or so away in Columbus. There's a pretty good handful of us here.

I escaped from Michigan to here about ten years ago. I like it here better. :D

Olson

6. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Dayton....lived around there many years ago in the south burb of Centerville....great little city. Went to work for a big company based there and traveled back there 2-3 times a year for a few weeks at a time. When ya get there check out Old Hickory and The Pine Club for some great steaks!! There was a guy there that was a pretty good customizer named Don "The Egyptian" Boeke. Anybody hear of him? ;)

7. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I live about ten minutes from downtown Dayton. Get in touch with me as soon as you can I'll help you any way I can...

Vance

8. rebstew187

rebstew187

I'm in Newport Ky .northern most part of Ky,about an hour away. not 2 far from you

9. Shiftee

Shiftee

Hey man i live in lebanon about 25 min south of dayton get up with me lots of things to do here in the summer.

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am in the far east side off of Rt 35/woodman drive area. Jeff

11. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

zanesville, an hour east of columbus. goodguys is always pretty good, several other shows too. if you're into swing jazz at all, royal crown revue plays around centerville every other year, which means they're due pretty damned soon.

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

ohio is a great car state., alot of good car builders. 100 miles or so from dayton, you have goodguys & superchevy shows in indy, and the nsra street rod nationals in lousiville

13. VanHook

VanHook

I am in Lebanon also be glad to help ya any way i can. Chad

14. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

I'm 25 miles north of Dayton, lots of good hot rodding in the area...Phil

15. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

welcome to dayton. we're here... let us know when you get here.

16. 28pontiac

28pontiac

I'm in Kettering if you need something.... There are more HAMBERS in and near Dayton than I thought.... not quite GMB status though

17. CycloneRods

CycloneRods
    from NE Ohio

Brian,

Welcome to the Buckeye State...... you should be getting your OSU hat in mail soon!!!:D

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

28 Pontiac, No shame not being GMB status. I am and it's no big thing:rolleyes: My mother lives in Fairborn and we visit regularly. Maybe I'll try to look some of you up when we're down there.

Frank

19. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

During the summer months there are a couple of Monthly cruise ins that have over 1000 cars in attendance. One in Miamisburg and one in Germantown both a little south and west of Dayton. Used to be a great show at the Carrilon Park put on by the Ohio Street Rods but the club members got older and they decided to stop having it.

You'll not be too far from Springfield either where thay have 2 large swap meets every year.

Also a great cruise in in Milford every Friday night in the supper, bout 30 miles south of Dayton. Usually 800-1000 cars there.

Welcome to Ohio :D

20. chris55

chris55

Chris here,I'm a few miles south of dayton in centerville, let me know what you need.

21. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Hey Chris - this is a pretty old thread. Brian is here now and having fun. You can almost always find him at the Springfield Cars & Parts gig, this weekend by the way.

I'm planning on being there Saturday morning. Look for me and the coupe.

22. chris55

chris55

sorry FNG, didn't look at the post date. Hope to see you Sat. that coupe is awsome.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Brian has actually moved out of Dayton. Lousiville I think but I could be remembering wrong. He's working for a casket company now.

24. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Denise, the last time I spoke to him, her was contemplating an apartment in Batesville, (home of Batesville Casket Co.) for a place to stay during the week and then come home to Oakwood, (subdivision of Dayton) for the weekends. I'm pretty sure his wife's job can turn to a telecommuting thing, so he could end up anywhere he needs to.

Come on Brian. Set us all straight...

25. Now there's some job security. That's almost as good as working at a toilet paper factory.:eek:.

26. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

So long as it's not in the recycling department...