Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mid Florida meeting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flnudistcpl, Aug 24, 2008.

1. I'll have large oil can rack, some Quaker State and Gulf oil cans, an unfinished pedal car project or two, a '99 S10 chrome bumper, and 3 or 4 rubbermaid tubs of little crap from cars I've parted out, maybe a few collectible type things and no wish to take any of it back with me, so make an offer. Look for DV8, and a fat guy with a grey Poor Boys shirt on, I'll be the fat guy.

If anybody wants a Chevy II 283 block cheap, let me know, I'll throw it on the trailer too.

You'll have room on my trailer Glenn... I can swing by WW on the way back.:D:D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks BIG Mikey ! What time are you guys getting there ??

3. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I'll be there this sunday selling some crap and buying even more. In a HAMB t shirt...

4. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

A fat guy with gray hair and glasses----that will really help finding you here in Florida, everyone looks like that!!:D

5. dv8

dv8

I've got like a trailer load and a half of old N.O.S. stuff from an old service station...a lot of stuff from flatheads-up through 50's stuff...mostly fuel pumps, starter parts...I don't know what all...I've got to go through it...some "Coke" signs and stuff. I'm only bringing a little bit of it this time...not enough time to sort through it.

6. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

I started a hamber's group on here and would like to see if we could get others in florida to join. I'd like to see if we could start meeting at webster once a month.

7. Rathbone

Rathbone

I'll subscribe to this thread and maybe by next month my car will be roadworthy. I thought it would be on the road by now, but....

8. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Missed it last week. Going next month for sure.

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

We will be there in force, and as our name implies, we-be-da-Poor-Boys ;)

[​IMG]

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

The Swap Meet is THIS Sunday, September 7th ....the day after my birthday, ....you have not missed it yet :) !

11. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Ill be there with the rest of my poor boy brethren in search of parts.

12. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

Well guys it's only thrusday and We think sunday won't come soon enough. can't wait till then wanna go now LOL. Hope to meet alot of hamber's there.

13. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

ha ha It's the day BEFORE my birthday so I'm going to buy myself something (I hope). :D Mike

14. So 3 of the FL Poor Boys were conceived the first week of January... Since my birthday is 9/1, my dad was probably too drunk on New Years Eve to put on a condom.

I'm going to try and get there before 5:30... That sound about right DV8?

15. dv8

dv8

I guess....wait...when?

I'll get back to you!

16. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

hey BM we will be there at 8:00 and i'm gonig to bring my wagon too...rooster

17. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

By the way, I never really introduced myself. I'm Joseph, and I work for an international industrial supply company. I work with nuts, bolts & screws all day long, so if anyone needs any help with finding special size/shape/grade fasteners, then just ask me and I can help you out.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  18. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

Well it's friday and the swap meet is this sunday. gotta go find parts.

19. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Unfortunately there will be a few of us in this picture that won't make it. :)

FYI, I'm a September baby too!!!

20. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Oh well, Happy birthday anyway, Bruce. Mike

21. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

What was the name of the group? I was going to look through them later today and join.

22. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

see ya at 8:00...ft gate

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I might consider coming down to look at the cars,I'm in extreme south georgia,but I have a feeling most of you guys would hate my car. maby after I get my carbs done i'll come down but i'll just park in the parking lot. i will be at the big car coral and swap meet here in moultrie. I work at the other end of the field, so I can park at work and walk there. you guys are welcome to come down and look at the airplanes in the plant of course. We always have someone from there stopping in for a tour.

24. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

well we hope all make it tomm. Look us up we'll be there wearing signs looking for 33/34 parts and pulling a blue cooler of soda's and our grandson in the stroller.

25. I found about 15 bits and pieces of Corvairs past, '57 Buick taillight lenses and a complete MG Midget/Sprite WS, and a 70's AMC rallye wheel and a pair of Cordoba headlight rings... My little trailer looks like Sanford and Son.

26. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

Last night, I was taking care of a few things and I realized that I wasn't going to be able to go today.

...did anyone take pics that they can post on here of the show or even the swap meet goodies?

27. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Doh! As always, I'm always late on finding these things.

28. flnudistcpl

flnudistcpl

Thats ok we'll be there again next month looking for more parts. Hope to meet others from the group there.