Register now to get rid of these ads!

NH state inspection changed for antiques?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patman, Mar 6, 2008.

1. patman

patman

I heard a rumor about this and did some digging. Looks like antiques now get inspected in April. Ones older than 40 years only need an inspection every other year.

Can anyone confirm this?

It'll be odd to have the inspection and registration due in different months, but...April is easier if yours was due in the winter.

Were there any other changes that I missed?

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/Rules/saf-c3200.html
    [FONT=&quot]PART Saf-C 3224 ANTIQUE VEHICLES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]<o:p> </o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Saf-C 3224.01 Inspection Required.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](a) Antique motor vehicles shall be inspected as follows:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) Annually, in the month of April, for antique motor vehicles less than 40 model years [/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]old; and[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) Biennially, in the month of April, for antique motor vehicles 40 or more model years old.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](b) All equipment on an antique motor vehicle shall be the same or equivalent to the original manufacturer’s specifications.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Source. (See Revision Notes at chapter heading Saf-C 3200) #8915, eff 6-22-07[/FONT]

2. patman

patman

Found another change...no inspections for stock antiques older than 1949:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2007/HB0659.html

327:1 New Section; Equipment of Vehicles; Motor Vehicles Manufactured Prior to 1949. Amend RSA 266 by inserting after section 62 the following new section:
    266:62-a Motor Vehicles Manufactured Prior to 1949. Any motor vehicle whose model year is prior to the year 1949 shall be exempt from all motor vehicle equipment and inspection requirements if the motor vehicle is equipped as it was manufactured or in accordance with the motor vehicle’s original equipment specifications.
    327:2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2008.
    Approved: July 16, 2007
    Effective: January 1, 2008

3. patman

patman

It worked! It worked! Finally got around to getting my sticker today. It's good until April 2010...which works out to two years if you get it done on time.

:):):)

[​IMG]

4. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

Thats cool, now tell me about the fender law, when I lived there I got hassled about having no fenders, so bad that I was afraid to drive the car. has that changed??

5. antique inspections have been in april for a long time, the two year thing is a couple of years old, and the pre 49 exempt thing is new.

6. Must be registered as a street rod to run fenderless. Street rod has irs own set of RSA's.
    Saf-C 3202.15 &#8220;Street rod&#8221; means &#8220;street rod&#8221; as defined in RSA 259:106-a.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008