Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Primer Nats Caravan,Breakfast,Show pic's!!! Bad Bob style...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 1, 2008.

1. We started at 5am. Gassed up and hit the road. Me,StudebakerDave,Diamond,and StudeDaves buddy. He hasn't joined the HAMB yet,but he's going to.
    We took the 91-405-10 frwy,exiting on PCH. Then up the coast through Santa Monica,Malibu,Oxnard to Ventura. We stopped at Paradise Cove and had breakfast,then carried on. Daves buddy with the Ranchero only came for the run to breakfast. He also has a bitchin bagged 62 Caddy.
    It was a great ride,no problems,no breakdowns,nice weather. We got to the show at 9:10. Met up with 5051 and Slddnmatt at the show. Timebomb showed up shortly and set up his canopy.
    I took about 700 pic's,so it will take a while to get everything posted. Check back tomorrow night and I should have them all posted. I already posted the pic's from Kiwi Kev's BBQ on another thread and posted all my pic's from Dan's Open House on Scooters thread,so many are already up.

Here's the start. Hope you like them...

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diamond in his 29 Roadster...
    [​IMG]

3. This was at Paradise Cove...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. After eating,it was back on the road...

[​IMG]

5. rodncustom

rodncustom

Oh, to live in So. Cal....:)

6. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

cool pics bob tried to find ya before we left but.. you were probably hiding behind a camera and some girls somewhere!!!!

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now. I'll post the show pic's tomorrow...

8. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Man
    I love that drive. Drive up there, surf C Street, enjoy the show. That is about as good as it gets in the hot rod world.
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

9. You mean her???

[​IMG]

10. It was such a great drive. I didn't think anyone would want to go,cause we stopped for breakfast and would get to the show late. I hope more guys will join us next year...

11. Diamond

Diamond

Bob, We had a great time thanks for taking all the pics. I like the one of my 29 in your side mirror. Did you get any of my dad and I parked on the grass together? The ride up the coast was great the weather couldn't have been better. You and my Dad really out did your self scouting the route.

Diamond

12. I've got one of you guys when you were parked by me. I'll have to check,there's alot of them...

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are TOTALLY real!! :rolleyes::D

Bob! That camera is doin' you well!! Great pics!! Hopefully I'll get to do that drive one of these days!

14. SICBOY

SICBOY

cool pictures bob, looks like it was a great trip, what camera are you using?

15. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics as usual Bad Bob, thanks for sharing!

16. Ya know, I didn't really care about the show, but I can see that I should have gone along for the drive. That's the BEST part about having these cars.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW< the drive up the coast looks awesome! Reminds me of our drive up the caost after Paso last year. Thanks for sharing

18. OLLIN

OLLIN

that restaurant at paradise cove is neat. Lots of old pics of old malibu and movie stars etc.

19. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I wanted to go, but since I'm just a passenger this trip, It easy to get ruled out. I will join once the coupe is rolling again. Good to see ya there.

20. That's Mugu Rock. It's used in car/driving commercials quite a bit. I've wondered if it's only used for local (LA) commercials, or if anybody from another area recognizes it in commercials. The commercials are typically from a higher and closer to the rock viewpoint, and all cleaned up for that idyllic drive along the coast perception.

Thanks,
    Kurt

21. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Bob, If I knew you guys were driving to Ventura together I would have met you too ! Next Year ! Nice pics man !
    60'

22. Great food too!