Register now to get rid of these ads!

The absolute worst car you ever owned

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anybody want to whine or boast about the crappiest p.o.s. car they ever owned?

The worst one I ever owned was an 80 ''Vette I bought new but the car is too new to discuss on the H.A.M.B.
    My '56 Bel Air hardtop I owned durring the summer of '64 was a real toad!
    It looked pissah but a cloud of heavy blue smoke followed me everywhere and the crank and mains would'nt survive over 60 mph.
    That car led to investing in many shares (GALLONS) of STP!
    I also learned the dark art of floor repair with discarded number plates with that Chevy.
    My dad named it "The sheep in wolf's clothing"
    It was a 6 with a Powerglide, S.W. tach on the dash, twice pipes, too many doors, and bogus 327 emblems glued to the front fenders.
    It was so embarrising.

2. grouchy

grouchy

1973 AMC Gremlin..... With the gas crisis of the early '70 I thought it was the way to go, Oh yea, I traded a '68 383 Charger in on it....STUPID!!

3. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

81 Buick Century.worst car ever built.

4. 69 international pickup. showed it to my wife it was for sale $150 she said dont buy it. a week later i bought it didnt make it home. had trouble every time we tried to use it. Still have it it probably needs to be recycled. OldWolf

5. 65 ford galaxie , had rust holes big enough to chunk a cat thru , the cars paint job was red lead with the word "ouch" painted on in more than one place and had been rolled several times down a new orleans levee to which the the roof needed to be removed by using a hacksaw ,chain and a very large tree .. eventually we pulled the engine for my cousons shrimp boat and the remainder of the hulk went to the scrap yard for the tidy sum of a bag of bud..

6. It was either a '76 Mustang II or the '84 Ford wagon.....both were horrible money-eating junk !!!

7. '74 Pinto Wagon. Bought it new, 2.3 4 cyl, C3 autotrans, a heckuva deal @ $2400 OTD. I thought. WRONG! 2 cams & followers, a flywheel, & too many starters to count later .. Sold it in '77 for $700 and did the happy dance for a month. A real test of my blue oval loyalty!

8. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

'83 Mercury Capri with a 2.3L/4-speed. It would stall out any time I drove through a puddle of water or some fresh snow, and when it DID run it was the most gutless thing I ever had the displeasure of driving. I chopped a Model A coupe in trade for the POS.

9. bryan6902

bryan6902

YOUR car, right before I sold it to YOU!!!!! Actually have had fairly good luck and not had any complete lemon/POS/never could seem to figure out the problems, cars. That said I am sure something will go wrong within a matter of moments.

10. Ole don

Ole don

In 1964, Hot Rod Magazine said the new GTO was the car to have, so I ordered one. The left door was so out of alignment we had to stop the car and open the door to get the window to roll up. The left door was nearly as bad. It leaked anti freeze out of both head gaskets, and oil out of both rocker cover gaskets. The shifter was so bad it had trouble shifting, the dealer couldnt fix it, so I did. The trans was bad from the factory. I traded it for a 58 Chev with a six when the car was six months old. Now that Chev was a great car.

11. mottsrods

mottsrods

1980 Plymouth Volare(slant six) or an '84 Ford Exp........

12. i had a `72 Gremlin X i bought new...i thought it was a great car. what was wrong with yours?

based upon my experience , my brother bought a 1973 Gremlin X new in 1973..he still has it

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

1992 mercury sable wagon. Sold it before the extended warranty ended. Bad front end parts, back glass defroster,head gaskets,aircond, peeling paint. If it wasn't for the warranty I would have shot it in the head. BTW, the tranny went out 3 months after I sold it.

14. sutliff fire

sutliff fire

Worst to best (til the Plymouth is done): 67 Mustang that I bought when I was 16 and didn't know squat about buying a car. A lot of chicken wire and bondo came out of it later. I still have it and still drive it. Now we have my son's 48 Plymouth project to keep us busy.

15. storm king

storm king

The two Chevies I've owned.

16. 41woodie

41woodie

1972 Jaguar XK-E Roadster in British Racing Green. Ate parts like a paper shredder eats paper, flat-tires weekly (new VR rated Dunlops), leaked water with the top up and the car not moving, lucas electrics, replaced the alternator 4 times in 7 months. When I sold it to a kid heading out for his freshman year in college it was smoking like a smudge pot from a oil ring gone bad. But man on those few times I drove without a problem it was the coolest thing on four wheels.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Worst was my first, and '86 Mustang LX convertible. 3.8 V6, auto...total chick car. I was 15 and had 3K saved up for my first car. I found a 70 Mach 1 with a 351C and a 4 speed that ran good but needed a lot of help with interior and paint, but my mom wouldn't let me buy it (in hindsight, probably a good thing since I'm still here to type this). The '86 lost it's trans after about 2000 miles, then realizing that nobody in the family liked the car including myself, I sold it and bought my 57 Chevy. That Mustang was a total dog. Slow, rode hard, ugly...terrible.

I had a 95 Honda Civic that was totally stripped down, and even though the car itself was a total pile, with 1 combined working door and multicolored primer scheme, I can't hate on it since it got me around reliably for 3 years while tolerating abuse and getting 30+ mpg

18. Bodacious

Bodacious

'69 Chrysler Newport that wasn't too old when I owned it. I bought it to replace a rusty Cutlass that I didn't want to put a timing chain in. A few days after getting the Chrysler? You guessed it, the timing chain went out! It was always something with that car, the only car I've ever owned that I would truly describe as a lemon. I've owned lots of other Mopars from the 40s to the early 70s and they were all solid, reliable cars, some of which I drove many years and miles without trouble. But this Chrysler was an A-1, certified piece of fucking dog shit....

19. I custom-ordered my wife a loaded-out 1980 Pontiac Phoenix. We owned it one year, during which it went into the shop nine times for warranty repair. It was there 11 weeks the final time after the transmission shelled due to a part left out during assembly and not available as an individual replacement part due to the newness of the model.

The dealership put us in a new 1981 Grand Prix for a loaner, and we put 3,500 miles on during that final 2 1/4-month wait. I finally bypassed all repair personnel and went to the franchise owner with my tale of woe.

His response was the finest action I've ever experienced from a dealership. He fired the service manager and service writer who had been handling my problem, then accepted the Phoenix as an even trade for the Grand Prix we were driving.

That '81 GP was a fine car.

20. I too had a 74 Pinto wagon bought new.Started falling apart a week later.Rust started on the body in a month.Couldn't keep the 2.3 from overheating.Rattled like a can of marbles all over.Nursed it through the crappy warranty and then swapped it even for a 69 Sprite.Said I would never buy another Ford but got a new 84 T-Bird Turbo coupe later.Same problems.Two power window motors and two turbos later I was in the middle of nowhere when the 5 speed trans crapped out.It had no fluid in it from the factory!All my Fords are now 40 years old or more.

21. 89 Pontiac Grand Prix. Bought new, ran on 5 cyl's, digital dash didn't work unless you smacked the dashboard AND 4 TRANS IN ONE YEAR.

22. Truckedup

Truckedup

98 S10 type Blazer.I bought many well used S10's that gave reliable service,the Blazer was unreliable,sloppy handling,rattles, and somewhat poor fuel mileage for it's size.Good in the snow for sure but just a piece of shit.

23. banjo

banjo

1990 hyndai, bought it new, my x wanted it, one reason shes my x

24. Thumper

Thumper

89 Ford Taurus.........4 cyl.. gutless piece of shit.....ate computers like a fat kid eats doughnuts. Traded that bitch in.....shut it off an coasted into the lot..

25. 38plymouth

38plymouth

All the front wheel drive cars I've owned where pieces of crap. All the front wheel drive cars I haven't bought yet will be pieces of crap as well.

26. lewislynn

lewislynn

Brand new 1978 Dodge Ramcharger 4X4. A friends brother worked at a Dodge dealership, he let me put it on the lot and I stopped making payments on it after having it for only 3 months...It ruined my credit and it still was a good financial decision.

It was literally beyond repair. You could get your pinky finger between the weather strip and the door, both doors. The windshield wasn't making contact with the body in the lower right corner and most of the bulbs burned out by the time I got rid of it to name a few.

27. The one and only new vehicle I ever owned was a 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 4 x 4. By the time it had 22,000 km on it, the transfer case had been done twice, the tranny once the rear diff once, the front diff twice, and all the U-joints and cv joints innumerable times, trying to get rid of a horrendous 'clunk' when it was put into gear and when downshifting. I eventually came to the conclusion the truck wanted to be a Dodge, hence the 'clunk'. The noise went away pretty much on its' own, and I put 160,000 on it after that withot a problem. We also had a 81 AMC wagon that was a great car other than the fact that the alternator was driven off a pulley on the a/c pump. When the clutch seized up, no alternator........

28. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Mid '80's diesel suburban. It spent more time at the end of a tow rope than it did under its own power. Pinto....is that spanish for turd?

29. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

'87 Reliant K car. 4 motors in 2 years. Then again, it was the idiot ex-wife driving it. She also killed the same car twice with her current husband, and killed 3 others as well.

30. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

67 GTO bought new
    1. drove home from the dealer, transmission slipping by the time I got home. Rear seal fell out !
    2. leaked like hell
    3. AC always leaked freon.
    4. Factory paint had a big light spot on the rear quarter. Had to be repainted.
    but...
    ran like a striped ape
    wish I had it back!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.