Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your vintage metal shaping tools and equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Aug 29, 2008.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Post em' up

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. A little self promotion thread huh?

According to your profile,,,,Do not have one yet, but would love to learn more about building a rat rod. HRP

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I got a set of Dagger tools hammers and dollies access to an engish wheel and planishing hammer at both works and 50 yr old body files, it all works better than my ability

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I really don't have the extra jingle to pop for the front row stuff, so I tend to build and fabricate what I need. Here's the shrinker/stretcher stand I made. Stu

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

some people come here cuz they love HOT RODs.. others come for the free advertising.

6. Black Primer

Black Primer

Shameless self promotion!

7. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Maybe a follow up thread could be "Now list your address and times you are away":rolleyes:!

8. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Here's my electric/hydolick [sp] metal brake, my brother built it and then gave it to me! [​IMG]

9. mottsrods

mottsrods

So, for the benefit of free advertising on here...........do we get 50% of some equipment? Maybe an extra 10% for being an Alliance member? Or what the hell, throw in some cool shirts too?

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

pettingill power hammer,

Attached Files:

11. Dyce

Dyce

SWEET!!!! I'll bet your neighbors love it too:p

12. Grabbed this from another thread:

"Hello everyone, my name is Shane from Baileigh Industrial in Manitowoc Wisconsin, right on Lake Michigan. We are trying to expand into the Hot Rod and restoration industry in a serious way."

You know, lots of members have businesses, including hotrod, equipment and fabrication related ones, but there's a not so fine line between being a helpful participant and blatant self promotion.

Baileigh Inc may have the best intentions but on the other hand, no one wants to be 'used' or feel like they're being exploited.

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to ruffle anybody's feathers here. Just trying to get involved on the board.

14. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

No harm no foul...and just show no hard feelings, here is the only spectacular thing I own.:)

[​IMG]

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Could you explain to me how someone coming here and making us aware of new products that relate to hot rod car crafting make you feel exploited? If you mean by selling something and making a profit, get a life, that's what the word "business" is all about.
    I remember everyone falling all over themselves when Miller came on here and offered wire welders and plasma cutters at discount rates, anyone see any difference with this product line?
    I suspect this thread is a lot like the one about Speedway mispackageing a set of windshield posts. What a bunch of whiners a lot like the guy who started that thread. Although I do see the point from all of those who have never made a mistake in their lives and there are hundreds of them here.:rolleyes:

Frank

16. I feel the same way...........................Now, who wants to see my old tool?

17. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Here is a 1949 Wysong 8' stomp shear. It was bought new by a local company that went out of business. It was used to cut .010" thick aluminum, 24" wide right in the center.... thats it. It was used in a pattern company and thats all they did.

It weighs mulitple tons, and you dont want to know what I paid for it... needless to say, I dont need it, but the price was right. It will cut 16ga full length.

Attached Files:

18. If you want to get involved with the board,,,show us what you can do with your extensive line of tools,,,use them and build something,,and please,,not a rat rod. HRP

19. spock

spock

Picked this up today

just gotta learn how to use it
    Spock[​IMG]

20. Chad s

Chad s

wow!!!!!

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a pic of my 1949 vintage 13" Southbend lathe just after I moved it into my shop - have no idea how I ever got along without it before.....

[​IMG]

22. ems customer service

ems customer service

imported equipment or usa made????????????

23. ems customer service

ems customer service

they dont complain about the power hammer dont use it much, i like to throw a old engine block into a empty 40yard dumpster 7am sat morning just to remind em im still around

24. Dyce

Dyce

Cool!! I have a helve hammer that make a bunch of noise:D
    [​IMG]
    You know I don't have a picture of the whole thing done...
    [​IMG]
    But it hits like a ton of bricks.....
    And I have a Lennox style nibbler.
    [​IMG]

25. Roadsir

Roadsir

How's this for yard art! Not mine, It's in Mankato Mn, where it was originally manufactured. This would work some heavy stuff!

[​IMG]

26. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

WOW !! That thing makes a Pullmax look like a C Clamp!...

27. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dyce
    Does that nibbler walk around much with those wheels under it? I have a Vibroshear of similar size that i have put onto a similar trolley, but am waiting the electrician to wire it up.
    Michael

28. johnrockin

johnrockin
    BANNED
    from midwest

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Please don't make fun of me....but what is this? A file?

30. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

This is incredible.