Register now to get rid of these ads!

Top excuses you tell your wife!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

So all you elders out there... im fairly newly wed..3 years... Ive picked up on a few things but I want to see what all you old timers tell your wifes when you come home with a load! or you need to buy that thousand dollar part that you cant live without! Let er rip.:D

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

"These parts belong to my girlfriend" :eek:

3. 65fordguy

65fordguy

lol. Know where your sleepin at night.

4. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

I don't even mention it. Same as her when she comes home from shopping draggin all those plastic bags.......I don't ask what's in them.

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

If its a big purchase we look over the financial situation etc and we make a decision based on that...
    Why do you need an excuse?
    Small stuff I buy when I want...I'm responsible...but it works the same way for her too.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

I don't really have to ask or justify anything I buy with my wife, because she rocks, but she does rib me about it sometimes. I usually tell her "Oh, I've had that for a long time." She usually see right through that though.

Note: I keep my own hot rod fund separate from our joint money. I supplement it with selling stuff I find at swap meets on eBay. That probably helps the situation a lot.

7. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

"It's an investment, it'll be worth twice that much in a couple of years"

Oh, BTW- good luck with that:)

8. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

Recent scenario - bought a tunnel ram - explained to her it was such a good deal - I actually saved money on the truck build. Naturally she saw right through that. Now I have a list of "honey-do's". I can usually swing something under $200 or so without much complaint. If I want a car - there better be a discussion......

9. yblock292

yblock292

"You wouldn't believe what a good deal i got on this !"

10. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

She never knows when I buy something for the car. Everything That I buy comes outta my pocket and never outta household funds. That way she can't question me about what it is or how much it cost. The hard part is to save up enough cash from my paychecks. And who are you callin oldtimers???.lol

11. 65fordguy

65fordguy

More fun and CREATIVE! lol.

Well, I dont need an excuse I have a separate bank account that I use for my hobbys. So it doesnt effect our day to day or month to month.

She also has a separate that she uses for her spending.

We like it this way so we dont have to nag one another on who spends what. We pay all of our bills that way too. She pays her car note, I pay mine, she pays the Gas, I pay the electric, been that way for 3 years.. no problems so far... and we dont have to worry about one of us forgeting something.

HAHA! so im not the only one out there! I do occasionally and I get some funny looks and shakes of the head or rolls of the eyes... but usually I get a I dont care ....let me read my book!

12. rodknocker

rodknocker

You know what I tell my wife (who has 2 black eyes) nothing, I already told her twice.:D Really she knows I do most of the stuff around the house due to her being ill, so she usually gives me a break.

13. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Tell her you bought it and thats that. End of discussion.

Now might a good time to mention I've been divorced once. :eek:

14. 65fordguy

65fordguy

HAHA! love it.

15. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I think that would earn me my 3rd divorce and 2 black eyes and I'd be sleepin in the 55

16. JEPPA

JEPPA

Yup! Thats what I use. Any money or time spent is an investment.
    And if she still has questions I will fire back with "What pair of your 500 shoes are you wearing today?".

17. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Yeah you know you can go to jail for that sorta thing in arkansas.....but more than likely her dad will just take a shot gun to ya.

18. Retrorod

Retrorod

After 35 years she KNOWS when I'm contemplating a hot rod part purchase........and we discuss it and make an intelligent joint decision. Most of the time it is to benefit both of our hot rods.

19. 65fordguy

65fordguy

So your wife is a hot rodder?!
    :cool:

20. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Why? He'd just be shooting at his own son! :D

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

....have I told you how beautiful you are today?

22. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I have found that the best thing is to just be straight-up honest and up-front about everything. She knows that I don't try to hide anything and therefore she's not suspicious, because she knows what I'm up to and actually is very supportive and genuinely interested in ALL my costly habits: Custom Car project (that never seems to end), Motocross (gotta have all the latest stuff to be competitive, right?), Mountain Bikes - (I have a taste for the spendy hand-built trick stuff).
    She even buys me parts sometimes.
    I'm lucky.
    But part of being lucky is being honest.

23. 65fordguy

65fordguy

You guys gotta get creative here ... my wifes a smart cookie.

24. dugbred

dugbred

I bought her a car of her own, that she always wanted. I spend the same on her car as I do my car. It takes longer to finish my project, but causes happieness, not friction.

25. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Thats just not right.... sigh... ok.. ok.. your right I cant hide it.

26. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

I agree a 100% with him or just for fun:

That's not what you wanted.... sorry I misunderstood.

Or - honey good news you don't have to buy a birthday gift for 9 years

27. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I understand the responce there... and its a good one ... just not as fun. lol.

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I have a secret po box for billing and a credit card she knows nothing about. And if she were to question something my answer is always, it was only $50.00! Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

29. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

It's better to ask for forgivness than permission. Also, ending all conversations with your wife with a "yess dear" saves alot of friction.

30. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

How smart can she be she married a guy who likes Fords. Did I say that out loud