Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GG West Coast Nationals from PhatCaddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhatCaddy, Aug 25, 2008.

1. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

My weekend started Thursday afternoon at the hotel that had a show of its own while people were picking up their reg.

Attached Files:

2. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

These from British Columbia, Canada........

Attached Files:

3. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

And a few more.........
    I will post more in a few minutes............

Attached Files:

4. What's the story behind the blue Speedster with the chrome skirts?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008

5. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Here comes some of the rest, I tried to delete the repeats from other threads.......

Attached Files:

6. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

More............

Attached Files:

7. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Ever been cruzin the fairgrounds and someone says 'nice car' and you look over and the guy looks real familiar? That happen to me on Saturday. It was Arlen Ness who was just relaxing in the shade with some friends so I had to get a picture with him.
    Also, Foose was cruzin around in that blue coupe.
    A moth decided to chill on my fin.
    And like those vacation pictures that people take on the beach with their legs, it is me sitting in my gravity chair while the GG judge gets my info and leaves me the Award sheet, cool picture.

Brian

Attached Files:

8. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

What up Bob,
    It was one of those fake "Deco Rides", car but I liked the skirts. Another wierd thing was they only had the one side like that.

Brian

9. Hey Phat Caddy, your car was sure looking good under the hot sun. :cool:

Usually I hate all those tents that people put up there because they get in the way and cast ugly reflections on the cars, but I was glad to get under them once in a while while talking to people this weekend. It got pretty hot in the sun.

Attached Files:

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool pics. we didn't double up on too many cars. and you covered the hotel parking lot.

11. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Hey Brian,
    Thanks for the pics, I didn't make it this year. The Cadd still looking cool!
    Jim

12. mikes51

mikes51

Is that a big deal?

[​IMG]

Just kidding with you Brian. Your car is really looking good this year, the scallops really added something. Your award is certainly well deserved.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like the both of you got well deserved awards. Nice photos Brian and thanks for trying to show rigs that were different than everyone else showed.

14. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Hey Mike,
    No, you as an artist should know that I was refering to the vacation pictures people take relaxing with their feet in the air like these.......

Get it......

Attached Files:

15. mikes51

mikes51

I know what you meant, I was just joking around. It's cool when things are in place just in the right time. You know, you happen to be sitting in the chair just when the GG guy happens to come around. For example, that guy could have been on the other side of the car and the photo would not come out that well.

16. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Thanks Mike. It was pretty cool. The best was that the guy who parked next to me was a trophy whore and begged the judge to look at his car. Can't believe some people, build the car to drive and have fun. Some still don't get it.

Brian

17. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Hahaha! The moment I saw it, I thought, "Has to be Terry Cook..."
    Waaay over the top, but I think it looks neat.

Attached Files:

18. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

Nice pics phat caddy- looks like it was a good time for sure- i was too lazy to get down there!!

19. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

It's Ace and Gary's old car, retired from years of fighting crime.

Attached Files:

20. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Yea, but it sounded like a VW when it drove in. And why only have the one side with the skirts like that? It would be like me putting my 20's back on one side of the Caddy.

Terry Cook ....hum..... I met him a couple years ago and don't have the nicest opinion about him. One of the few in this hobby.

Brian

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

22. Really? I thought it might have been some fancy Coach-built car. Doesn't look that bad from that pic. But pictures can hide alot. Like some rich guys Kit-car...
    Did you get an award?

23. VW! WTF!!!
    When I went to Boyd's memorial the guy he built this for,fired it up! It had some Italian raceboat engine. You should have heard it!!! Sounded like a Supergas car...No Pebble Beach purr here!

[​IMG]

24. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Bob, The sound of a car is so much, and that cars sound should have been better.

Actually I am between segment 5 and 6 in the awards broadcast, the missing 5 minutes. I won "Best Use of Paint - DuPont Paint Sponsored", maybe the paint was too much for the camera and they had to edit. The best thing was I expected the normal glass GG award but I got the coolest sculpter (sp) on marble, its a paint gun with wings (silver), spraying into Gold flames. Very cool and unexpected.

25. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

That Italian race engine must have been music.

I don't brag or post pictures of awards I get but even KIRK! will agree that this is a cool looking throphy, especially for GG. Even the under the trophy it says "Sculpted exclusively for DuPont Hot Hues Automotive Finishes".

I know a lot is said about the GG but I have been going to their shows almost since the begining (with and without cars) and they keep getting better.

Brian

Attached Files:

26. floored

floored

Not really HAMB material, but I would give my left nut for an Auburn. I'm too attached to the right one.

Attached Files:

27. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

That's Randy's from "Style Kings". Go to their web site and check out his other cars, unbelievable.

http://www.stylekings.cc/members/RandyPerez.html

I think there are a couple Style Kings on the HAMB.

Brian

28. It didn't sound like a Ferrari,but like a big block Chevy!

Cool trophy! I agree,I think the Good Guys shows aren't as bad as they used to be. I plan on going to DelMar next year. First time with a car...I really miss the one they used to have at Pomona,with the drags.