Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey, Hey! 1st of the Month **AUGUST Banger Meet**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Aug 1, 2008.

1. No, I think I'm going to use up some of the stuff I already have. Actually, I really miss going to swap meets. I might go to Paradise Valley next month.

2. Hopped up 31

Hopped up 31

Hey Rich.

I managed to get a shot of you on the track at the Hayride. Lookin good eh.

[​IMG]

3. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Well here is the little jalopy i just bought. Found it here on the Hamb a few weeks ago. Bought it from a guy in Spokane who had tons of great old stuff in his shop. For the Touring i plan on just doing all rust repair and bodywork and spraying it Washington Blue, Changing the tires to some Biasply big n little blackwalls, replacing the T headlights with some guide 682-c's, putting my aluminum windsheild stanchions on, you know, just personalize it and work out some of the bugs. It sure is a blast to drive around as-is though, the engine seems to run pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wow VNCduke is that ever cool. I love it!

5. Elrod

Elrod

VNCduke. That's a nice T n A!

6. RussTee

RussTee

awsum duke great buy love a tourer to take extra passengers

7. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Thanks for all the positive feedback. And it will only get better from here on out !

8. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Duke....you weren't joking, that's just the business! Awesome.
    I'd love to see a few more pics when you get the chance; pedals, how the body is mounted to the chassis, floors, that kinda thing.
    You're going to have so much fun in that jalopy, I tell ya....

9. Duke, were did you eer find that old thing :D

10. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Here's what I got done this week:

[​IMG]

This is the first time I have built a car from the ground up, so I have a new perspective and appreciation for this milestone. Just have to sort out the headlights and tailights and I will be on the road.

Will Kimble

11. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

BAD A*S VERY NICE
    PLEASE TELL ME (US) MORE. I live 2500 miles from the salt but I still wont that cam for my sreet car. It would realy make people think.

12. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

BAD A*S VERY NICE PLEASE TELL ME MORE
    thanks Bill

13. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Congrats Will!!!

That's the best feeling when you get the plates in your hand and you drive it legaly for the first time!!!!

Enjoy it. Now you can feel like a proud Papa driving it all over town.

14. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Fellow Banger fanatic,

There has been some discusion on another thread about having a HAMB Banger T shirt made. Other thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281056&page=4
    There are two designs so far (see below).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan has given us the ok for the project. We have to finalize a design and establish a list of who wants shirts and what size. He will make the shirt.
    I don't know the price, Ryan will handle that. I'm sure the more there is the better the price.
    Just post how many you want and what size.

I will start the list here:
    Crazydaddyo 2 - XL, 2 - 2XL, 1 - L, & 1 - M
    Corn Coupe-Yep interested XXL - bangers and HAMB with the engine
    Artiki - large with the engine cut-out.
    Mac the Yankee - XXL "Bangers & HAMB" Engine Cutout please!
    hotrodtom - one XL with the engine cutout
    Brian C - 2 - XL with the engine cutout
    A-zonie - 2 - 2XL with the engine cutout
    LancF2T - 1 - XL with the engine cutout
    Chris - 1 - XL with the engine cutout
    ForEverFour - 2- XL & 2 - L
    Stick Shift - 1 - XL with the engine cutout
    Just plain Bill - 1 - 2XL with the engine cutout
    kenagain - 1 - 2XL with the engine cutout
    MN Stumpjumper - 1 Large and 1 XL I like the pig driving the coupe but would take 2 either way.
    36Brua - 1 - XL with the engine cutout
    1930 vicky - 1 - Med. with the engine cutout
    jersyboy - 1 - L with the engine cutout
    HotrodVon - 2- XL & 2 - L with the engine cutout
    easyrider47 - 1 - 2XL
    firerod - 1 - XL
    Gaters - 2 - XL and 1 - L.
    WhoDoYouFink - 1 - XL
    62 pan - 1 - XL

Total so far = 39

:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  15. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Yep...I'll be in for a large with the engine cut-out.

16. XXL "Bangers & HAMB" Engine Cutout please!

17. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Put me down for one XL with the engine cutout, please. Thanx
    Fearless

18. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Zenith made two different carbs for the Model B, both with a throat 1/8" larger than a Model A Zenith. The main difference between the two is the shape of the float and bowl. Other than that, most parts interchange. Check fordbarn.com <FORDBARN.COM>and ahooga.com <AHOOGA.COM>for extensive discussions of using the B Zeniths on an A. On mine, I can definitely feel the difference; others say they can't tell any difference. Some say the B Zenith is harder to tune and to get right if the core has been sitting around a long time under a workbench or someplace like that. I've got one that works great, compliments of a careful restorer who's no longer doing them, and about five others that are mostly junk. Good luck; you'll either love 'em or be very frustrated.
    Fearless

19. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

Same here!

20. ebtm3

ebtm3

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100&#37;"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by easyrider47 [​IMG]
    I understand they made a couple of carbs for a Model B. What is the carb ( Zenith? ) I'm looking for and the no. of it to run on my Model A. I have access to a miling maching so I can have my manifold drilled out for it, but not sure what "B" carb works good on one.

Early version has idle mixture slot cut into throttle disk, second version the slot is in the body. You can tell from the outside because second version has a external brass plug sealing the hole with the (internal) slot. Some feel that the second version idles (and comes off idle) better, I've never found a whole lot of difference.

If used on an A with the stock (gravity) fuel system, remove the spring that acts on the float. This was added because the B, with fuel pump, meant the float had to shut off under higher pressure.

Herb Kephart

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

21. Brian C

Brian C

I'm in for a couple as well

22. A-zonie

A-zonie
    from Mesa, AZ

Put me down for two of the XXL size shirts with the engine cut a way please.
    Thanks!

23. I can't believe you all dont remember this for sale here... I almost bought it, wish I did. It's so cool! Drive the hell out of her, your new details sound right on. Great car, wish you well!

24. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

For allmost all intent and purposes,...after sleeping only 10 hrs in three days, pulling "all nighters",....sleeping on the garage floors....she's got a few more things to have done to her, but she's pretty much done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Fantastic!!

Love the exhaust. /were they fitted on the previous test run vids?

26. ebtm3

ebtm3

lookin good Jason!

Herb

27. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Looks great, makes me wanna hop in and go for a ride!

Will Kimble

28. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Hey guys, first and foremost,....MUCH thanks!

Yes, the pipes were fitted in the test run rides in the vids.
    They sound really nice,...they sound pretty wild with the mufffler inserts taken out too! A bit to loud though for a nice ride though,...more like a dry lakes kinda sound,...flat out and all.

The plan is to run her bare for just a little while to get the bugs out and figure some things out with the body, shims, doors fitting and not fitting/latching,....
    Then on to a paint job in a dark Crimson red. The reason for the red is two part,...

One,...I live in the rust belt,....(though I have SERIOUSLY been EXTREMELY tempted to just use a ton of bioled linseed oil on her and pray it preserves the metal, and just run her in bare steel as Carl ran his!!!!)

Two,...I asked my friend Carl (the fellow's roadster I'm recreating here for myself) what color he would have painted it, IF ever he had the chance back in the day,....he said most likely a "Red" color with gold,...well, I'm not much on fire trucks, so, I chose a dark crimson, almost burgundy color.

Its funny, I'm proud of being able to stick to my guns and build it in my very tiny garage, flying in the face of constantly being told it was to small, to dark, to this, to that,....it became a personal aim to prove them all wrong, and to honestly heed the old addage, "If it worked back then, and guys did it all the time, and produced such amazing cars...why can't I??!!"

In the same vein, as a perfect balance between the the etheral and the earthly, any sense of pride is quickly and humbly diminished be the achievements of the boys and men alike that came before me. As it is without question, quite the humbling revelation to see this roadster there in front of me, then climb in and drive it, and realize soo many things all at once. Both for me, here and now, and in an historic sense.
    That what I'm experiencing, like the simple way the car is driving, the feeling of the frame and body flexing in unison, like hands holding each other while the heartbeats of the cylinders pummel through the pipes, the wind, the sun, and the smells,....they are the same senses shared by the likes of the extraordinary. Earthly vessels who went by the names of, Bob Rufi, Eldon Haas, Danny Saki, Frank Morimoto, Karl Orr and so many others.

Yeah,...this is definitely a gift the good Lord above and the legacy of those pioneering guys have given to me,....how amazing! How absolutely awsome!

How could anyone ever feel any other way about it?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  29. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Well, other than the tail light not working properly, the rear main leaking like it needs a new seal,(which it actually might)....and all the JB weld I've thrown on the porosity filled welds on the oilpan, (no i did not weld that)....I think the engine is really settling in nice!

Took it to a local show today,...got it driveable enough to head out,... far from finished,....

I loved talking to some young kids about it,...totally awesome, really cool to make up the difference in the education they're NOT getting these days!

Exposing the world to early hot rodding history one day at a time!

Checking things out on the time machine before driving...Dr. Emmet Brown eat your heart out!...no "Mr. Fusion" here,....just 4 barrels of GOW!
    [​IMG]

At friend's house (member of MARC)...awesome guy, everyone should be like Steve! Knowledgable and helpful!
    [​IMG]

At the show...
    [​IMG]

Talking with people about some early hot rodding history, etc....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  30. That is awesome Coaltown, you have done well!