Register now to get rid of these ads!

SFVISBF new race vids 8/10/08

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rev106, Aug 13, 2008.

1. rev106

rev106

An aborted attempt to race in Burbank, we went north and ran Ye Ole Spanish Mission, a short but true favorite course. The Burbank pd were on our case real quick. Burbank is what the rest of the country would have been like had we lost the Second World War. We could set there are argue about the legality (totally legal) of soapbox racing with near a dozen of Burbank’s finest or we could bomb a hill, we chose the latter. The winner made it past the finish line up-side down. He’s healing up nicely and his car is toast. A good run, a quick and resolute regrouping made the day great and not a wash. While we were running hill #2, a fire truck came on the scene and said there was a call for a car crash. I looked at my soapbox car and then looked at them and said that we were all ok here. I invited him to watch after he said to carry on and he reluctantly declined. We have to move quickly in the federation as we’re known perhaps a little too well in some circles but we still pull it off.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Some driver race clips:
    <o:p></o:p>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBT0pHZEl4w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVt9lIPrmM

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the videos, looks like a good time as always.

Happen to know anyone it the Pittsburgh Illegal Soapbox Society? I wanna race with them but can never get ahold of anyone to find out the where and when. Thanks! :D

3. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

always awesome, ive started building up a group out here, so far ive built 2 cars (im the one with the skills and the tools ahah) but its been to fucking hot to workin shit. fuckin 100 degree nights suck.

4. rev106

rev106

No I don't but if you look at their vids, you can see the action centered around a bike shop, perhaps some clues there...

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

Looks like the road was pretty sandy and a lot of dudes were eating it.
    and why was that truck parked right there in the second video at 4:43? especially after what happened..

6. rev106

rev106

That was a drivers truck, don't know what he was thinking but by that time we're going real slow. And as for the sand, we call that a "feature" in the SFVISBF. Most of the courses that are short (like this one) have features. The guy you see flipping over about 1/2 way down the track is a terrible driver. We don't have sfvisbf drivers licenses....you take your chances....