Register now to get rid of these ads!

Christine!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theoneyouhate, Jun 9, 2008.

1. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

Are you sure Barris wasn't driving? he's so short no one would be able to see him anyway

2. oldsman71

oldsman71

In the wraith i think that was the show where the freaky dude huffed w-d40??

3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

'Black Cadillac' wasnt a posessed car, not gonna tell the story but it was a human.
    Beats the shit outta a Saab. :)

4. 2tondave

2tondave
    from Seattle WA

here's a great movie car database - http://www.imcdb.org/

every movie ever made including foreign and pics of what cars were in each movie

5. HA! yea, that's probably true...
    I did think "Skank and Gutterboy" were fun...
    Gotta love drinkin STP straight outta the can...:eek:

6. I remember that one, too. The Dukes Of Hazzard meets Lifetime Movie Of The Week.

The Charger had a nose job, they shortened the center divider to make it look meaner. First it kidnaps a little girl, then returns her a mess but alive, then chases a woman school bus driver and the busload of kids (one of those cutaway van body busses... the short bus!) through a quarry where she somehow outwits it and it wrecks and explodes. The lady saves all the kids and the child molestor is destroyed. Never clear if it was the car itself or someone driving the car.

I don't feel like going to the car movie database and searching by Dodge Charger to look it up, though.

The Car That Ate Paris the cars didn't really kill people, the people killed people. IFC just showed that the other night, so it may air again if you get that on your cable system. Weird movie, made in Australia so the only American cars you see are the '59 Chevy police car and the town mayor's '58 DeSoto Fireflite. And a '59 Ford on top of some other stuff in the junkyard.

7. That's correct. In the beginning Stephen King does a cameo where the ATM machine tells him to f--- off.

Trucks!, the second movie based on the same King short story, was made for TV but I picked up a DVD copy in the grocery store a while back for like 3 or 4 bucks - it was a seasonal deal they brought in, but I'm sure it can be found on Amazon or eBay just as cheap.

8. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Yep, That was Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not a great movie but a b-movie great for sure.

9. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

I watched The Car when I was a little kid, my dad said, oh you’ll like it, it a car that drives by itself, like Herby the love bug. Scared the shit out of me! LOL

10. fiftyfivegasser

fiftyfivegasser

11. brandon

brandon

cool flic....still stand to the side of those pop machines....:D

12. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Joy Ride -- time frame was about 2000 or so. Something about a psychotic killer on a CB. Could this be the movie you are thinking of? But I don't think the car was doing any killing.

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

I just saw that movie the other night on a channel called the Independent Film Channel. I was mesmerized throughout the entire movie because it was so bad that it was even hard to believe. I wonder if they ever rebuilt the town that those crazy hot rod hooligans destroyed?

14. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

does it bother anyone else that christine goes from a two to a four door through out that movie.

15. poncho

poncho

I found Christine along side the Fraser river,,she is so bad that i dont think she can save herself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Its not cars.....Its Trucks. Check out "Maximum Overdrive" Semi trucks take over the world along with lawnmowers and carving knives. Good flick.

17. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Ouch

18. Dyce

Dyce

You thing the movie Christine was good, you should read the book. It's good. The kid bought the car from an old guy as a wreck. All he had to do was push the Christine backwards and she rebuilt herself. Wish I could fine a car like that with a little better personality....

19. Fordman75

Fordman75

That's "Wheels of terror".

20. It's well documented that all of the movie cars for Christine were 2-door hardtops, they even made one out of rubber for some of the repairing itself scenes. The car in the book was a 4dr Fury, something which never existed.

21. Sauli

Sauli

Hmmm....Can´t really answer Your question but John Carpenter just about killed me when I learned they destroyed some 13 of those beautiful, California rust-free Plymouth Coupes in the making of this piece of drivel "Christine" back in 1983...There are pics circulating the web somewhere from a California scrapyard from about 25 yrs ago, after the shooting had finished at the studios, with piles of crumpled, mangled ´57-58 Plymouth Coupe bodies lying there...All wearing the same, fresh-looking red and white paint. If they had to make this movie in the first place, why couldn´t they just use 4-dr sedans...After all, that´s what the vehicle in Stephen King´s novel was to begin with...

22. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

It's such a good movie, it was on AMC last night. I never get tired of watching it!

23. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

How many Plymouths were killed in the filming of Christine?? Anybody know?

24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Oh, OK...yea, thats F'd!!

25. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

I did a quick search and came up with this story and Picts of the junked cars after the filming.

http://www.forwardlook.net/features/billandeds.htm

26. autobilly

autobilly

It's magic man.

27. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

Let us not forget "Killdozer"

28. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

How about Stephen King's "From a Buick 8"? It's a book, not a movie, though.

I was walking across town several years back and looked over to the cemetery and saw Christine cruising through... No joke... Kinda creepy. A local guy used to have a super nice clone, must have been him, I hope. :)

29. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Umm, lets review:

NO 4-door Fury available until 1959 so they couldn't have used 4-door furies because the car was a 1958. I am aware that the book said it was a 4-door.

I'd bet they weren't ALL Furys used in the movie, the probably trashed Savoys and Belvederes as well

They were just rusty old Plymouths back in 1983. I doubt they were as popular as they are now (which still isn't very popular).

If you've ever seen the kind of trash they use to make movie cars you wouldn't be very upset. There's usually a couple very nice cars that they hire from the owners and a fleet of beaters that they make into 50-foot cars and end up destroying.

Remember, to most people (movie people included) these are just old cars that have no value. We're the select few that see value in them.

Shawn