Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pileup #7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

Is only TWO MONTHS away!! Is your car running yet?

We had a little change to the Friday night lineup. Since Django has a baby due the Pileup weekend, the Hot Rod Hucksters had to pull out (no pun intended), so we replaced ourselves with not one, but TWO great bands! The Hangovers (featuring Sean from the Hucksters and Tim from the Psychobilly Kadillacs) and those monster kings of flame throwing surf, Knuckel Drager!!! All at a new bar that's bigger and a whole lot better... expect food and drink specials and more bathrooms and parking! Details later.

Saturday at the show, we'll have rockabilly, blues and bluegrass, and some garage rock saturday night back at the Red Cent!

2. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Are the bands all playing at the Red Cent? We wandered in there last year during our usual pub crawl of Morris. It looked like it could handle a lot more people than Fools Bar.

Next thing you know you'll be paving the parking lot at Grundy Co. or something! ;)

3. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

We are planning on going. Hope to bring the ride!!! If not a bunch of us are jumping in my friends $70,000 motorhome!!! See ya all there!!

4. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

DAMN...no Hucksters...still looking forward to the Pile Up!

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Red Cent will be our host bar for the pre & post show parties. It's a great place and we've worked out some great deals with them. It will definitely accomodate more people comfortably and they're eager to have us. The bands will play in an outdoor beer garden with heat lamps so everyone will be comfortably warm with elbow room. The other bands will be playing in the band pavillion at the Pileup during the day as usual.

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

We'll all still be there if you need us to sign autographs or something. :D

7. ...too bad bout the Hucksters, a lot of people really enjoy them; but can't wait for the Pileup either way!

8. Nascarians

Nascarians
    from Ottawa, IL

Me and the family will be there!!

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

2 months. I feel like I was just at last years. Lookin forward to it

10. magnet

magnet

Wow.. it seems like last years was just a couple months ago..

:)

Hope to see a bunch of your ugly mugs..

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I'm bummed we can't play. But I'm looking forward to adding to the Hot Rodder population! :D

Should I post pics of this year's Tshirt? Or is it too early?

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Having both of my knees replaced Sept.9 and have the physical therapist warned she better have me in shape for the pileup. Maybe an electric scooter this year.:eek: NAW, I'll just have Oldbobsign push me around in a wheelchair. Ready Larry?:rolleyes::)

Frank

13. Degreaser

Degreaser

Post it man, post it.

14. While we always had fun at Fools, looking forward to a little more elbow room. Great band lineup for sure for the pre/post parties too.

Knock on wood, but all our stuff is ready to roll! Such a lovely time of the year for a ~300 mile roadster ride. :cool:

15. congrats on the kido man. i was looking forward to seeing the hucksters, but i guess knuckle drager will be ok. and i want to see the shirt.

16. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Ah crap, I can't make it for knuckle dragger! But I will be there Saturday and for the first time, staying for the post party! I won't have anything running for the show but I'm still gonna make it.

17. I'll volunteer to push you around Frank! I'm trying to make it this year.

18. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

I'm knocking on wood that my shit stays together so I can drive it. Last year a broken motor mount made me a passenger instead of a driver.:(

Its going to be more bitchener than last year!:D
    Knuckel Drager just tops it off.

LETS SEE THE SHIRTS!

Marty McF.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  19. Brandi

Brandi

Sweet! I'm flying in and have been looking forward to the Pileup all year.

20. bustingear

bustingear

Anyone heading up from Ohio?? I will be going from columbus. Would like to get a caravan going. Let me know. I would be rollin my model A 6" hopped and chopped coupe.

21. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Me, Stevo and at least one other are talking about heading up, but haven't made any concrete plans yet. I'm guessing Spoons, Mrs. Spoons and their usual crew will be heading out either Thursday or Friday. I'm also sure he'l add to this thread shortly to confirm.

Vance

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Ok, here's a sneak peek...

[​IMG]

And here is art for the NEW for this year kid shirts. :D

[​IMG]

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

how the hell is that a sneak peak?? you have shown the whole shirt!!!! ;)
    i really hope i can make it...my fav show ever! but late plantin means late fall...so its up in the air...
    ohh and if the new bar falls through, you can use our place!!! hehe! :)
    larry, nice of you to help push around your buddy...but whos gonna push you??? :)

24. Ebert

Ebert

Congrats, Chad, on the newbie!!!

25. greendream

greendream

The car is up and running again after an incident going to the RRR. I am looking forward to the show. It is my favorite show by far. I'm looking for a hotel room, so if someone has an extra one or something, PM me.

26. Can't fuggin wait.

27. We always convoy up from Indy Friday morning 10-10:30ish in the mornin. You can always meet up with us at Bubba's. Spoons left Dayton last year and met up with us. Think we had about 10-15 cars group up last year. :cool:

28. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Coming up from Texas again this year...this will be the third year in a row for me.

I'm still going to try to drive my roadster up, but if it's not done yet I'm gonna drive the coupe.

See ya there!

29. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Well Chad now we know your kid isn't comming until Oct. I hope to see you guys at the Nite Owl on August 23rd. I guess can't use a kid as an excuse unless it comes early. Oh and congrats on the kid, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me!!! See you boys on the 23rd!
    CheaterJack

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Jack, yep, I'll be there! Looking forward to it.