Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bonneville is calling!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ol Deuce, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Is every one ready to make the trip to Windover Next week?

2. You God damn right I am! I told work to blow me.

60th speed week, come hell or high water!

3. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Fuckin A

-E.C.

4. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Well, The "FLYING PICKLE" is ready. The motor looked like this on Monday, but it's back together now.
    [​IMG]
    So we got it out of the shop where it's been since last August.
    [​IMG]
    Now, it's in the trailer. Now for all the rest of the junk to remember. See you there.
    [​IMG]

5. Im torn. I usually go with my brother and a couple friends. We take my Astro van, take turns driving straight through. But reverse just went out in my van. My brother and his buddies are riding their bikes down. My other friends cant go now. Turns out I have to be back at work on Wednesday. But my brother says I can borrow his daughters new style VW bug convertible (sheesh how gay is that?) Lets see...if I leave Saturday morning I can easily get there late Sunday. Its around 1300 miles I think. I can spend all day Monday enjoying my one day of speed week, and then drive straight through to home with a couple of naps along the way, and be back to work on Wednesday.

Or I can give my brother some money and have him buy me a t-shirt...What to do, what to do?

6. Weasel

Weasel

It's the 60th Anniversary fer goodness sakes - even more gay to have someone buy you a shirt when you didn't even go. That's fakin' it!:D

7. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

almost! got to rebuild the carbs on the rod & she should be good to go.

8. Still working on it..

looks like I'm driving in solo.

Thats gonna suck.

Do all the radio stations in range of the 93 play English speaking tunes, or spanish, like here?

9. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

We are going to make a couple of test passes locally tomorrow evening. Then the car goes on the trailer, and we start loading everything. Leaving Wednesday for the salt. I am ready.

John

10. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Thanks to the constant prodding of a friend I will be going to Bonneville for the first time. It will be a whirl wind trip, but at least we can say we were there. I cant wait.

11. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I'm thinking of heading out with Ryan and Brandon.Will take the 32 if I go.I guess sleeping under the stars is the only accomdations left!

12. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I am! Will be enroute a week from today, can't wait! :D

13. Any one looking for rooms? You need to start calling all the small motels at least in the morning and in the afternoon! We did not have room for all this till just tuesday. The old man called around and there was 7 rooms avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So just call. Many motels are calling to confirm the room is going to be used. Many that cant make it are dumping them now. We got in for under a hundred a night.
    I dont like how much it costs "I would rather camp" but the woman cant do that. So she buys the rooms:))

14. Ole don

Ole don

For the first time in ten years I will not be at the August meet. I wll be there in September, and the old 55 may make a pass. I'll be waiting for pictures from you guys going to Speedweek.
    Y'll have a great trip.

15. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Will be there with a smile on my face..
    Duane..

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Bonneville is calling, but my wallet hid the phone....

I'll be back one day

17. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Leaving Saturday morning, can't wait...Everyone is welcome to stop by the Old Crow pits and say hi to us...Lucky

18. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

You guys gonna get there a week early? :)

19. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Ok, Saturday the 16th

20. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

Can you believe a guy would quit a good job, just to make it to the salt ?

Asshole Garage will be holding a nightly un-authorized happy hour, behind the Western Ridge motel, just follow the trail of empties, and look for the discusting display of humanity laying on the lawn, OH, bring plenty of beer, we will most likely need more !

21. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

It's OK kid I tought maybe Bobby was Driving :D

You know how he hates to go fast.

Seriously ........ Sorry to hear 'bout the thud

Keep kickin'

22. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Quick & Easy Racing will there! Look for the Stop Sign in the pits....

come by for a Margarita!!!! and 4 banger shinnanagins!!

Keven

23. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

This time next week I should be arriving.

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I didn't know you were going, great! Harrison with you? How long are you staying?

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

26. skidsteer

skidsteer

CG- you only need reverse if you change your mind.

27. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

I quit my job 3 years ago and thought I'd get another job after Bonneville but they have the Dam thing every year. Maybe when they quit having speed week I might get a real job. This will be 4 Years going in a row!! This is my JUMP START to keep me going every year... See you all there..........

28. Checked out a new job today and told them I could start Monday the 25th:) You know with skills a good job is not to hard to find, Speed week is the best excuse I can think of to try a new job.

1 week off just ending and 2 more weeks to go! Now i cant make any excuses for not getting stuff done now.

29. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hell, I Quit my Job, sold my Hot Rod, took a one for two dollar hit on the exchange rate, and flew 6,000 miles to get to my first Speed Week.......have found it extremely hard to figure out how to backtrack....I think I have it figured out about the end of July....then about the middle of August.....somehow I forget and mysteriously end up at Wendover....

30. LIMEY

LIMEY

Its going to take a few hours & a shitload of cash but i'll be there, journey starts tomorrow & i can't wait. :)

Kev.