Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a '30 Model A...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tumbler, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

I was thinking about a car I had noticed around a month or so ago. I previously mentioned I was pretty much only into muscle cars and didn't give the car a second look. Well I went back today and no one was home. I quickly shot a few pictures from in front of the house. I also left a note on the front door. Looks to me like a '30 ford coupe. I got down so I could see and its got an engine. Hes also got another set of original wheels in a box behind the car. Looks like its just been stored under that car port for a long time.

Luckily its pretty far off the beaten path so it probably hasn't had a lot of people stopping trying to buy it. I'm gonna be stoked if the owner wants to sell. I know its not much info but what kind of a price range am I looking at in case I get a call tonight?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Frank

Frank

Looks like a 31 to me. The top of the grill gives it away.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'd pay 4,000 for that.

4. 6deucecaddy

6deucecaddy

Ask whatever yo are willing to pay. I paid $3000 and it was a piece of shit.

5. 6deucecaddy

6deucecaddy

I agree with $4000. You might want to take a closer look though. There might be hidden issues.

6. Has 30 splash approns. It's a standard coupe, like mine. I paid 3,500.00 for mine

7. split the differance $3500 , try not to get shot in your quest for tin man!

8. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

So what do you guys think it is? A 30 with a 31 grill or a 31 with 30 splash aprons?

It wasn't too much investigation to get pictures. You can see the car from the street.

9. Chris, no split in the splash aprons. It's a 31. Tag, you're it. Definitely a 31.

10. Uhhh, you sure? I'm alomost positive 31's had split splash aprons. Friendly bet :D???

11. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Split splash aprons are '30 only.

That is what mine has and they are original.

12. CoupeHEAD, did some research, and the start of 30's had the split aprons (along with oval speedo's), and the later 30's had solid. My 30 has solid aprons and a rouns speed-o. Point being you win, I'll buy ya a beer sometime ;)

13. Dyce

Dyce

Looks like a damn nice car!! $4000.00 would be a steel.

14. I'll take you up on that! The last two events (Billetproof and Hotrodarama), I've seen the coupe and 40 PU but not you. So when we meet I'll be thirsty! :D

15. wvenfield

wvenfield

I wouldn't sell it for $4000.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sorry guys ..If i owned that it would take more than 4G's to pry it away from me.
    But than again cars like that dont come along like that up in Michigan.

I would wait and see what he says he wants for it, before you offer anything, you never know..you might go home a happy man..or not

17. Yeah, but thats the beauty about the Hamb. I've probably seen 100 members, but wouldn't know it because I havn't a clue what they look like. Regardless, I'll get you that beer somehow or another.....I MAY be over there for the Arlington drag reunion...

Did you have a car at either event?

18. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Amen to that... 4 grand wouldn't buy a bare body shell in that shape around here... that's if you could even find one in that shape around here.

19. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

Well I got a call from the woman who owns the Model A. She says its a '30. Her husband recently passed away. The Model A belonged to her Brother who passed away in '78. Its been off the road since then. The husband was going to restore it but never got around to it.

She is still talking with her children trying to see if anyone wants the car. If not shes going to let me know. She said she has a price in mind what she wants for it but she wasn't going to let that out yet.

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

5k all day long. That thing looks clean!!

21. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tumbler,

Keep us posted as to how this turns out. I would love to hear that you were able to get it. Good luck.

Thor

22. 21tat

21tat

Wouldn't surprise me if she's asking 5k. Looks good.

23. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

buy that bitch Yaaaaaaaaaa hooooooooo

24. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I'll go look at it for ya.

25. rodder001

rodder001
    from Omaha Ne

26. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Its a 31 and a nice one at that. It would take more than 5k to buy if it were mine. But please let us know how it turns out........ GOOD LUCK !!!

27. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

I think the owner already said 30, but ya looks decent.. Im curious to see what she wants. Might say 10K or something stupid...

28. arbs1976

arbs1976

Yeah that one looks way better than mine and I paid 5,500 for mine. 2 weeks ago. Good solid cars are hard to find. If you want it you shouldn't let it get away from you.

Attached Files:

29. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

And knowing the story about it with her husband and everything you'd be an ass to offer her anything lower than what she will be asking. Even if the price seems astronomically high buy it or leave your name with the offer to look at it again if she can't sell it for her asking price. Either way she should have your name and number if the car doesn't follow you home.

Frank

30. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

I was thinking the same thing about her probably having some sentimental attachment to the car but she said she had none what so ever? She and her husband did have a '66 charger that he restored and her son has already came and got that car.

She thought she would know if she is going to sell the car in the next month or so.

She seemed pretty confident it was a '30.