Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Mopar34

Mopar34

Not me. I just had a two tone red and white 56 Crown Vic with 292 t-bird eingine. Lots of fun, Fast enough to get me out of trouble and into it sometimes. One of my classmates had a 62 'Vette with a 327 fuelie and another one had a 421 Pontiac. They were both into drag racing at one of the several drag strips in the area.

2. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Say Johnboy, what are the chances of getting some of those album snaps up on here. And anyone else for that matter (there's no hiding now)

3. fourbangerford

fourbangerford
    from east Tn

I'm still in high school. I'll be a senior this year. I have driven a stock '28 ford special coupe to school since sophomore year. everyone in school says it's the coolest car there, and there ain't another car even close to as old. The closest is ab a mid 70's bronco.

4. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Well, I just graduated this year. Was drivin this at the end of Junior year and Senoir year. Once to school the last week with open headers. Ended up settin off car alarms n such. Lots of people didn't understand it. They would ask me if it had hydrolics or somethin or why it was so loud. When chicks rode in it, they wouldn't know whether to grab the seat or hold their ears.

Attached Files:

5. luvzccr

luvzccr

i love this pic of my car, its from junior year 2 years ago.

u see a lifted truck, stupid regular normal everday cars, then u see mine :)
    it stands out like a sore thumb, everyone thought my car was awesome

[​IMG]

6. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Are you shitting Me!!?! Nice work.

7. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

had a 31 model a 2dr with stock 56 265 chevy. was really quik out of the hole about all it was famous for. out in the orange groves I got one of the baddest 50 olds thru second gear, and was ahead of another 50 olds but my engine would cut out and then cut in. [still had gravity feed and the tank was low ggg] I only knew of 2 other chevy powered rods then.yep lotta old rods an customs back then, still see some of the old cruisers [with some of the same cars at tuxies drive in.] Dave M class of 57 riverside ca.

8. JimSibley

JimSibley

I drove this. 36 inch mudders an a bug. built it myself, painted it myself and got REAL bad flash burn teaching myself how to weld on it.

Attached Files:

9. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Well, I'm going into high school in a month with my 62 Corvair.. It's not the coolest, but I'm friends with all the old car guys.. There's a 1968 Buick, a 1964 GMC pickup (Max, that means you, lurker..), 1964 Chevelle, 60-something Karman Ghia, and the 'vair..
    This is at a modern public school in the middle of Van Nuys. We're out there..
    and none of us except that damn VW really have white walls. Yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. kustoms2

kustoms2

The coolest probably not, but different and unusual:eek:. This was my first car and I drove it on and off through High school.

Attached Files:

11. repoguy

repoguy

I'm pretty sure that the shit-brown, rusted out 77 Firebird (with a v6 no less) that I drove in high school pretty much takes me out of the running.

12. Me .. the fastest one too .. 56 Studebaker Golden Hawk and later (12th grade) 55 Chevy.

13. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

I can beat repoguy - rusted out 74 Vega I bought for $50. Kept it for running for 5 years - had 3 other donar Vegas just to keep the one going. Guess that's where my love for the hobby started.

14. I had rheumatic fever in 2nd grade that caused my Mom to get me a tutor and the lady over-taught me and I skipped third grade and went on to fourth. Also my Mom lied about my age so she could go to work, so this started me in school at 4 years old instead of five . Why am I telling you all this shit? Because it caused me to be 15 and a senior in high school with no driver's license! I aksed a girl out to a dance and she said ya,sure, where do I sit? Your handlebars? I had a Schwinn fucking Stingray- Oh, fuck it! The Boyd bros. had the baddest car in school. A 56 Nomad that did wheelies in the parking lot...Mike Daniels,La Quinta High School,Westminster,California,1973

15. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

'74 B210 with one functioning brake wheel cylinder.... always pulled left. maybe that's why they laughed... hmmm.

16. In all honesty, it was probably me; whether it be with the older ('58 Chevy Wagon) or newer (dropped & mean sounding '95 Impala). The rest of the school drove a sea of Cavaliers, Civics, and the like. Beyond that, I think there was a lone 5.0 Mustang and late model Z28.

17. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

I had a '83 honda civic with about $100,000 in $100 bill air fresheners and tint that looked like drips with a loud system. It was the worst. I see jetmek's daughter Kim on the way home from school every day in either a model a coupe, a blown '32 sedan, or "her" bad ass flathead powered '27 T roadster. If I could have driven stuff like that to school maybe I would have showed up a little more.

18. TV

TV

I thought mine was, I had a 30 model A coupe. It was red primer with white running boards and white top insert. Skunk stripe tuck and roll, black and white. Ran a B motor with an Alexander overhead with duel carbs backed up to a 39 box. Didn't take a back seat to anything in town through 1st and 2nd gears. It would jump halfway across the intersection when the light turned. Ya, it was cool. The one I wish I'd never sold.--TV

19. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

That civic wasn't dirt white was it? probably the one I still got. Goes ok but the wheel fell off the other week, ball joint shat itself.

20. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I had the fastest car in high school, 55 Chevy with a bbc in it with th400. Independence Kansas, 1972. Our high school looked like a Barrett Jackson auction with every conceivable car you can imagine in the parking lot from Model A originals to muscle cars. Very cool. Those were the days.

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

well i did, but i dropped out and went to work before i got my license so no one knew except for my friends. which were few:D

22. I had a 63 Impala SS convertible, pretty nice for crusin and dates. I've thought about getting another one, but haven't yet.

23. spookyjay13

spookyjay13
    from Hell

Hope my son will be that cool kid with a bad car here is what we are working on

custom 53 pontiac might have it done by then

Attached Files:

24. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

I had a '49 chevy five window pu. With 47,000 original miles. but my friend had one better. He had the sweetest '57 buick two door special.

25. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I drove a 84 Cadillac hearse with the Cad 500 and straight headers for a while. That seemed to scare the shit out of everybody.

After that crapped out my buddy loaned me his '91 blazer we had put a 400 small block in. I got a citation in that for doing a burnout in the school parking lot.

And for the last few weeks I drove my Olds powered '53 Packard.

Attached Files:

26. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

An older guy, all of two years older than me, named Jim McElreath, (not that one) had a 50 Chev. hardtop with a 56 Olds 324 with a Hydro. Never forget that car. Yellow bottom with a white top.

27. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

I had a '96 Z28 SS Clone that I got at the end of my junior year. It was the fastest thing in the parking lot. That car really pissed a lot of kids off because they thought their V-6's and N/A four bangers were hot shit. That thing would get crooked when it hit second, even with 140k on the clock. It died after a water-skiing accident on the way to work one morning.

28. Degreaser

Degreaser

I did. 1987-1988 Junior and Senior Year. 64 Falcon two door wagon. I humped cheerleaders in the back of it at lunch.

29. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

At my Schools,jr high&high,1957/1962,it was me,every day was a custom Henry J, w V8/J2 (was in Car Craft mag jan 1963)and my 28 roadster w/Y-292 twin 4's on the sunny only days :cool:

30. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Mine was pretty cool.68 Javelin with an AMX hood,343 with a 390 crank and rods,72 dog leg port heads AMC's bigest proformance cam,T10 4speed and a 4.11 posi.Painted it midnight blue with stock wheels.
    My not have been the fastest but it would put on one hell of a show!