Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mr. Weesner's Closed-cab pickup pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blackie, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Blackie

Blackie

Did a search and came up empty. Does anyone have pictures available of Weesner's 28/29(?) closed cab, fenderless pickup. From what I understand it changed a bit while he owned it and ended up in Japan.

Thanks so much for the help!

2. from the HAMB...

Attached Files:

3. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

ive been looking for pics for 2 years of this thing....man i love that truck! thanks

4. Florian

Florian

5. Blackie

Blackie

Any one know what magazine and isuue date for the pic above?

Any other shots of it?

Thanks guys - it's going to a good cause, I swear!

6. Maybe PM him and ask for pics...

7. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

it definately has the look.

8. VanHorton

VanHorton

wow im in love...:D that truck is bad ass, definatly one of, if not the nicest closed cabs i've ever seen, the stance is right on...

9. it was the UK mag custom car....i put the pics up...cant remember the date though

10. Weez's pick up is awesome. Its ashame its in Japan. It was in fact the influence for my pick up but when I started to mock mine up I realised I wouldnt fit in it. So thats why I didnt chop & channel mine.
    It had a real late fifties flavour. I remember visiting Keith's place and he showed me a small card board model he made of it too!

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Pretty sure that I took this picture at Paso several years ago, but it's the only one I shot of Keith's truck.

Attached Files:

12. Blackie

Blackie

Thanks guys... I picks up one of these and didn't think that I liked chopped highboy versions - until I saw his. This is one of those body types that has to be done just right. Getting out the sketchpad right now...

13. weez

weez

The mag feature was from Custom Car in the UK. There was a tiny pic in Custom Rodder in the Paso coverage in 2000 I think. Also a shot at Paso in Rolls and Pleats. I don't have a lot of photos of it, Aaron's shots for the Custom Car piece were the best. It has black tires and top now with bigger headlights. Hajime drives the shit out of it over there. I wish I still had it, but it helped me buy my house. As Greg said, I made little cardboard model of it one time and said, "I'm gonna build that for real." Franco came by every couple of weeks when I was building it, so he knows how obsessed and crazy I was then! I just had a tiny floorjack, a cut up shopping cart for the 327/Hydro, a grinder and a 110 mig welder. Sawhorses for the frame, real high tech! Now I don't know how I had so much energy then.
    Michael ahrens did some work on it while I was at work one time, but other than that it was a solo deal. I sewed up a seat for it too.

14. Blackie

Blackie

Thanks for the info Weez, and great truck...

15. Keith,

Wold you please be able to post the pics that you have as well.
    It would also be neat to see what it looks like now?

Greg