Register now to get rid of these ads!

some guy crushing his dads cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petebert, Jul 24, 2008.

1. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

When I was stationed in Minot ND we used to drive past a farm pond with a couple Telephone T's submerged to the point that you could just barely see the top of the roofs. In the town of Tioga (sp?) there was a field with litteraly 200 cars with the newest being around 48-50. The guy that owned them had tried to sell them at auction, but none of the locals would even think about it. He got mad and absolutely refused to sell them after that. Just let them set out in the weather and rust down. This was back around 71.

2. wow that was hard to wach. the dude in the car killer had some skillz though but it was all so wrong to use them in such a way.

3. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

Have to love the un educated, probably really enjoying the $500 he made. What a dickhead.

4. phat rat

phat rat

I'm with these guys. Everybody wants them until it's "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" How many times do we hear "IF IT WERE CLOSER" or "SHIPPING IS TOO MUCH" If some of you had a clue about the time and money spent getting the parts and then the time spent selling them you might sing a different tune. But some of you would rather jump on the BITCH WAGON then expend the energy needed to search out the parts because it's easier to buy from someone who does. I wouldn't be suprised to find that some of the bitchers have never been in a junkyard/farmyard stash or pulled parts themselves.

5. i was waiting for the sky to open and the massive lightening bolt ...must be on the next batch

6. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

If the guy seriously tried selling them and this is the result six years later then I don't blame him, but if he didn't do more than put out a cardboard sign in his driveway saying cars for sale then he is an ass. Sometimes you have to put yourself in other peoples shoes and realize not everyone is into old cars and for someone that has no interest in them to go through the proper channels to sell them is great but some people just aren't willing to spend there lifetime trying to sell some old cars that they don't want or care about. I would never defend someone that just called up the scrapper to get rid of them that day unless they need the cars gone for legal reasons or what not, but some people just seem to scrap them without even thinking of selling them.

7. belair

belair

NOT THE MAVERICK, NOOOO!!!! The guy's not stupid, he's lazy. It was pathetic hearing him justify the destruction of some of those cars because of "rust". He doesn't love them, want them, and did what he wanted with his property. Sad, but hey- we do it every day too. Strange to admire the delicate, gentle, careful, almost respectful way the Kevorkian operator handled the cars. A real conundrum here, boys. Botton line here is MONEY TALKS.

8. Abomination

Abomination

Holy shit - look at the rest of his vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wkayl

There was far more stuff - BETTER stuff that got crushed. And far better comments. ;) Way to let 'em have it!

I didn't watch the two that showed the land the cars were on labeled "Progress". Pissed me off, and I just want to have a good Friday. :(

~Jason

9. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

Who ever it was that compared this video to the Holocaust is a damn fool. You are comparing rusty fucking cars to humans. What a douche!

10. Abomination

Abomination

Here's what it looked like before the crushing (and the "better" stuff I had mentioned):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujHDHFO223M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujHDHFO223M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. So sad, so sad. :( So many parts and cars and that big ole farm truck was pretty cool! Hated to see them go to the crusher.

12. It must run in the family. I don't think I've ever seen as many run-down, semi collasped buildings in one place, including several New Mexico ghost towns I've been to. Obviously no one has given a rat's ass about repairing anything there. Instead of fixing a car it was easier to park it, forget it and get another beater. Doesn't look like the trash had been removed for 50 years either. Just shove it into a shed and forget it.

13. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Nothing to say, I'm just commenting so I can find the thread later and watch the videos (You Tube doesn't work at work).

14. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

There is a huge yard full of old cars in Grants, New Mexico. It is full of all kinds of great old cars. I bought a '57 Buick Super for $500. The owner is really kinda getting tired of the business. If you guys are in NM stop buy. Don't let the crusher get them. There I said it i have been keeping it a secret but i can't have them all. I think the place is called Oscars Auto Parts.

15. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

What a heart breaker! Now all your junk is worth that much more.

16. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

17. Yup, tough sell for us out here, fuel prices to drive and or ship across the US just makes it harder to move old tin. Most of the junk in that vid is just that.

18. I recently bought a truck and a car trailer...If I find shit like that its coming home with me. That being said...I,d like to kick that guy in the balls.

19. slammed49

slammed49

I wonder how easy his head would crush....California style!!!

20. I've had guys rag on me and my friend for putting high prices on some of the cars, but #1 it gets people's attention, #2 you can always come down, and #3 about 90&#37; of the profit goes right back into more cars. So that when I run into a place like this, I can buy a few.

I know where I can get a batch of prewar cars and some good '50s ragtops right now, if I could sell a few of mine now I'd be in there the same day. I even have a line on a 32-34 3-window - the guy wants stupid big money for it, but still only about half what the market is for a decent one. But I'm sitting here scratching my nuts because the last thing I tried to sell for a reasonable price only got bid to $600 or so.

21. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

some people are sick... u could call that video cruel and unusual punishment.:mad:

22. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Fucking arsehole!

23. STOP! I want that spotlight from the ol' Mopar. And those hubcaps. And the bumpers from the Plymouth. Ah well. Too late...

24. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

The best part was the asshole in the background talking, what a duche! "Oh that car crunched together because it was so rusty!" No it was cherry, with a little surface rust! You Ass!

25. spudshaft

spudshaft

What a cock sucker. I agree pops was a slob too

26. Cataldo

Cataldo

Same here, i got to the early 70's Plymouth and stopped.

27. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

that guy is so dumb he could run for president.

28. petebert

petebert

with the cheery music on the video posted on this page, I think he posted the videos to piss people off.

29. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

It's sickening and it's happening all over the country. :( Gotta admit, that guy operating the machine is pretty good!

30. That made me ill. I couldn't bear to watch the whole thing. Why the hell didn't he just part them out if he couldn't sell them as a whole. What a idiot. He obviously had no idea of the value some of them held.