Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage car events in august in PA/NJ area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by himjively, Jul 24, 2008.

1. :confused:anyone know of any good car shows or drags in mid august around PA/NJ area? My sons coming to visit and i am not finding anything good on internet searches, so i thought i would put it out on the HAMB, the only place I can rely on.

2. Moloko

Moloko

Wheels of Time is the last weekend in August, thats in Macungie (right outside Allentown).

3. are there 2 summer events in macungie? i keep hearing about 2 shows there?

4. sawzall

sawzall

5. tred

tred

6. plmczy

plmczy

7. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

There is also Lead East at the end of August. I went for the first time last year and it was an awesome show. Saw plenty of rats, customs, traditional rods, gassers and everythign in between.

http://www.leadeast.net/welcome.html

8. thanks for the links to the shows
    some of this stuff is hard to find but for word of mouth
    never miss the hoedown

9. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

The "Great Pottsville Cruise" should be huge this year. The Speed Channel's Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" will be there to film the event on the 2nd weekend in August.
    Here is the web link for more info: http://www.thegreatpottsvillecruise.com/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  10. gas pumper

gas pumper

August 10, Funny Car Reunion and old time drags at Englishtown, Car show, Historical race car display, Alcohol and fuel Funnies on the track. FED's. And about 1000 nostalgia, foot brake race cars. Super Stockers, Gassers. Altereds.

Frank

11. looks like i need to get him here there weekend of the 9th

12. thanks again guys
    already makin plans
    keep em coming - alot does not get into the event calendar.

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I might be off but I think that was a Jersey car at one point.

14. Das Awkscht Fescht is great- used to go every summer- nice show with a large, ecclectic (but pretty well-organized) group of cars, a good large flea market, arts and crafts show for the wife, and a really good toy show at the shcool up the road (bussing is free). Just take gatorade/water with you, 'cause it's always HOT (they do have great water ice 1/2 of the way through the flea market).

15. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Lead east over labor day - 3 parking lots of goodies. Great show

16. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Aug 1-2 Das Awksckt Fescht Car show At Macungie Part. Mostly antiques. Large Flea market/Swap Meet.

Aug 17 - 9th Annual Sticks Reunion Car Show. at the old mountain View Drag Strip in Wind Gap Pa. Feature car is Ken Kull and his Wild Willys pickup. Great little show. Located on East Mountain road off of Rt 512 south of Wind Gap.

Aug 2-24 - 30th Wheels of Time car show. at Macungie Part. Street Rods and customs. I heard this year up to 1969, 2200 cars. Smaller swap meet with a good size car corral. Great bands Fri and Sat. night. 150 Car, cruise though Emmaus Friday night. Real great show been going there since there 13th show.

17. skidsteer

skidsteer

The Great Pottsville Cruise goes on for most of the week, I think Aug 6-10 this year; Car show in Brodheadsville south of I-80 on Sunday Aug 10; If you're still around on Saturday the 23rd meet us for H.A.M.B. and Scrapple near Reading. Tentative plans are for a cuppla shop tours (helps digest the scrapple, to get up and walk around a lot).

18. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

19. thanx again everybody
    the magazine is real nice and you cover event schedules really well
    can we e-mail you show info?

20. Snakebite

Snakebite

There is a annual reunion at the former Mt View Drag Strip on Sun Aug 17th. This is a good cruise/show event. I have attached a poster.

Attached Files:

21. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

The Wheels of Time goes to 69 in 2009.

22. and i thought i had an open date. glad to see sticks reunion listed, that fills the schedule.

23. weathrmn

weathrmn

New Jersey, Saturday Nights:
    New Egypt Speedway- 1/2 mile Dirt , Big Block Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, S.elf S.tarting Sprints

Bridgeport Speedway- 1/2 mile Dirt, Big Block Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks

Pennsylvania:
    Friday Nights: Williams Grove Speedway- 410 Sprints; best in the country

Saturday Nights: Grandview Speedway, Bechtlesville, Pa.(Pottstown)- Small Block Modifieds, Sportsman, Late Models. Check schedule for THUNDER ON THE HILL , usually wednesday nights, Sprints, Modifieds, Great Racing

Remember : DIRTS FOR RACING, ASPHALT IS FOR GETTING THERE

GO FAST!, TURN LEFT