Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Did Jack Stewart's '41 Ford Kustom Survive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Jul 16, 2008.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Can anyone advise......

Did the 1941 Ford Coupe, first chopped and sectioned by Gil & Al Ayala,
    and later finished by Barris, in Brown or Bronze, owned by Jack Stewart
    survive? This was the one with the Caddie grille, Merc tail lamps and the
    'different' looking front wheelhouses.
    I've seen pictures of the car from '52-'53? but nothing since. The Ayalas
    did the killer metal work on it, Barris later did still more work on it, painted
    it, and hung a "Barris" crest on it.
    Has it been seen since?

Thanx,
    Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

2. 'Mo

'Mo

3. twochops

twochops

Still around restored many years ago.
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

SWEETTTTTT!

I'm glad to see that it didn't wind up like 'Moonglow' and some of the others.

Much Graus,

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

5. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Jack is someone you should talk to if you ever get the chance. He has tons of cool stories.

6. The car was hit by a train back I beleive the late 50's. Bob Drake in Fortville, Indiana bought and rebuilt the car to it's former glory. He owned it up until about 1 1/2 years ago> Don't know who the owner is now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. Rikster

Rikster

As far as I know the car is now owned by a - still to be opened - Custom Car Museum in Nevada. What I have heard this museum will be very spectacular.

And also I dont think the car ever had a Barris crest on it. Sure Barris did claim they built it, But out of respect for the Ayala Brothers Jack never had them put a Barris Crest on it.

Some more info...Jack Steward 1941 Ford

[​IMG]

8. Janne

Janne

Custom car museum sure sounds intresting.

9. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Provenance or not, the roof on that car is fugly. Actually the whole car is just out of whack to my eyes.

10. Chad s

Chad s

I agree. Its also surprising how poor the fit of the panels is, and how wavy the bodywork is, in any pictures, past or current, especialy considering that it was an Ayala/Barris built car.

11. The car always looked like it had a ton of bondo in it. Of course if you had seen the pictures of it after the accident it is a wonder it was even rebuilt.

12. 53chevy

53chevy

Easy guys, this Custom was in a Train Wreck (or some kind of BAD wreck) in the 60's or something and was somehow miraculously put back to it's current state. No doubt about it, it will never be the same but it is the Jack Stewart 41 Ford Custom. Shit, I'm just glad that this Custom is here for us to see and enjoy!

Ken

13. kustomclassics

kustomclassics

Whats really interesting is that body work and panel fit is comparable to some of the cars being built today by some of the current top names , this is why I don't attend most of the indoor big shows anymore I just can't help looking at these cars and wonder why they're not perfect when the customer is paying real good $$$.Next time really look at some of the cars built by the top names and you'll see what i'm talking about.