Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some pics of my Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28, Apr 29, 2008.

1. 28

from IC IA

My dad got this car when he was 17 back in 1973. He had it repainted a slightly different color back in the mid 70's. I was born in 1982 and my mom wouldn't allow me to ride in it (she always hated the car and still does) My dad put it in a garage until 1993 when I was 11 and I begged to bring the car out. The 352 ended up being rebuilt in the late 90's. I drove it as a summer car back when I was 16-18. It went back into storage until last year when I snagged it last summer.

Its complete, mostly original aside from the paint and the shag carpet. It does have bondo in a few places, but it isn't THAT bad.

The tires are about 15 years old so I am going to get some wider white walls. Not sure if I should go with super wide white or just wide.

I posted these pics on my local forum, but no one seemed to pay much attention. Hope you guys like it more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet !!! Drive it

3. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

I've always loved Galaxies. First old car I bought was a beat old 66 Galaxie.

4. Looks like she missed out on some fun cruisin' around in that car. Glad you are enjoying it.

5. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I love that car. I have a 63 ragtop as well. It is stripped down to the tub and I am having to go from the ground up with a rebuild. I need a couple of photos of some spots specific to 63 ragtops. Could you take them and e-mail them?
    I love the 63, it is like it floats on air when they go down the road. I will be putting discs on the front of mine and a dual res master cyl. Sure the drums stop ok but all the cars on the road stop a hell of a lot quicker and living in a tourist area driving SUCKS!
    Do yourself a favor, get into the rear wheel lip area from where the rams are located all the way to the trunk and get all that bullshit moisture holding "sound deadner" or whatever it is supposed to be out of there. There are not any replacement parts for this area out there so take care of what you have.

Again, cool ride, drive the wheels off!!!!
    Mine had chrome reverses on it with blackwalls and I always liked that look. I never did like whitewalls on that car they just never seemed to "fit the lines".

[​IMG]

6. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

My vote for the whitewalls for your era of car is what you've already got. Although I've run very-wide whitewalls on my '66 Tbird in the past, more correct for the era is the thin (about 1") whites; that's what I'm running now.

7. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Cool that your Dad kept it all these years.
    I dig it,but I'm a little partial- I've got this one with the rare 'blue plastic tarp' top option waiting for some attention...
    [​IMG]

I also vote for skinny whites. Wide whites are for 50s cars.

There are a few HAMB threads with custom Galaxie pics. Worth a look if you haven't already seen them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Sweet. Now drive the shit out of it.

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Some 14" ET mags and a set of cheapy tall blackwalls will suit it just fine! Everyone's got an opinion. ;)

'63-64 Fords are awesome. Just roll down the windows when the top is down so you don't look like a dork.

10. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I love me some Galaxies...like driving your living room!
    heres mine:
    [​IMG]
    Cool, nice driving, stylish cars, and still affordable...

11. Bodacious

Bodacious

You've got my sticker peckin' out. Back in '79 I traded a nice '63 XL factory 4-speed ragtop even up for a late model vehicle. I still kick myself every time I think about it. WTF was I thinkin'? That Ford drove like brand new as I'd had it for a number of years, so it was right. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! The '63 is IMO the most beautiful full-sized Ford ever made. Don't get rid of that car, EVER! But if you do, sell it to me......

12. 416Ford

416Ford

Partial to the Galaxies myself. Helping a buddy build a prostreet 64 and ours is a 65. I agree on the ET with black walls. Again, I'm partial.

Attached Files:

13. Tacson

Tacson

Sweet ride dude. Hold on to it.

14. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

i have always loved those taillights... very nice looking.

15. Personally I'm a fan of wire wheels and/or wire spoke wheel covers.....which
    you have. The narrower whitewalls about like what's on it are era
    appropriate. If I did go to wide whites, I would not use the 4" ones, but
    the 2 3/4" inch (or similar) like in the late 50s & early 60s. Cool car....
    nice that it's staying in the family.

[​IMG]

16. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

NEAT old car. If you go to aluminum or chrome wheels, go with blackwalls; narrow whites just like what you have if you stay with the hubcaps.

17. v8muscle

v8muscle

Might be she is mad because dad did some fun cruising with someone else

18. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Bitchin ride.

Did You know Air Ride Technologies makes a "bolt in " kit for these cars? ( Uhhh..Some assembley required, and so long as You can install bolts with a welder, that is.) I did the "full meal deal" on one recently, and it really, really handles nice.

Point?

Save money. the front end will eventually need a rebuild. No better time for an upgrade!

19. very cool ride , you must have a cool dad man ...

20. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

my dad had a maroon 63 xl hardtop with a 390 four speed, black gut w/bucket seats, was and still is one of my favorite cars!

21. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

22. flatford39

flatford39

That's one of my favorite Ford years. I like it better than the 62 even.

23. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

that convertible really got me hot and bothered.

24. Love it....and mine as well. I have four total at this time. '67 428 ragtop, 65 XL 4spd fastback, 64 500 390 fastback and a '64 parts car.

25. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Looks good from here!

26. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

Nice ride 28! I've got a bone stock 62 Sunliner XL that i'm trying to figure out what kind of shoes i'm putting on her. After i win the lottery or rob a bank i might get two sets...chrome reverse and Astro's ...both on narrow whites to change up the look. Post up some pic's and keep us up on the progress.

27. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I like galaxies more than just about any old Impala, I got a 68 conv., and a 71 conv. plus a 64 wagon. Take good care of that one, its a nice car.

28. spic ole'

spic ole'
    from mke

i just got on here. hell i'm getting better with the two finger polka across the keyboard, but still slow.

anyways picked up this beauty about a year and a half ago. i've been slow going, but like we all know, i got her. so in time it'll all get done.

1964 gal 500xl 390 fastback 3spd and a rad after market open street viewer on the passenger side, so you can see the road kill.

Attached Files:

29. Adam D.

Adam D.

Bad ass, but any reasom why the windows are rolled up in all the pics?

30. luciomduran

luciomduran