Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad Ass Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modifiedraceshop, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modifiedraceshop

modifiedraceshop

has anyone had any dealings with the Bad Ass Rods co. Whatis the quality of their bodies.

2. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I was curious about this too. The one thing I don't like is the smooth firewall, otherwise it appears to be a pretty nice looking body.

3. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Kinda weird that there is no contact info on their website

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

www.badassrods.com

I have heard some bad things about them but it is all hearsay, some people suspect that they are just street beast bodies and some other people say that the owner has a sketchy history.

His phone number is 803-474-5094 and his name is Corey Davis , You should google his number and start reading, You could do the same for his name but it takes A LOT more reading.

He also runs for sale ads for his bodies as if he purchased them and he post these ads all over the country but they all have his phone number in Connecticut.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008

5. 69panel

69panel

He's in Winder, Georgia
    (pronounced...Whine-Der)
    I spoke with him and he said he gets his bodies from someone else and his chasis from someone else as well. I could not find either place. I wonder why he says that if he actually makes them?:confused:

6. repoguy

repoguy

"Got to have a badass rod to be a badass"

Uhhh, OK.

And what's up with the red 32? I mean, Explorer wheels? Seriously?

7. Chad s

Chad s

With a business name as unprofessional as "Bad Ass Rods", I'd question such a purchase.

8. ol'ferd

ol'ferd
    from MN

I don't know but shouldn't some one else call your stuff "Bad Ass" and not yourself. Besides were is the steel at.

9. If you were to involve a proctologist, there shouldn't be a problem. Right?

10. Chad s

Chad s

Well, in that case...... hahaha.

11. GRIMREAPERRACING

GRIMREAPERRACING

I purchased one of these bodies about a year ago. I paid 3500.00 for my body kit and it came with everything hood, fenders, glass and, even power windows. I was told my body was one that a customer never picked up so that is why it was so cheap.
    The body is heavy duty to me but I had alot of work to do to the doors to get them to fit right. also the hood I threw out and had one made from rootlib.
    I purchased the body kit from Cory Davis and, I had no problems he was a nice guy to me.
    But the frame guy was a joke he was http://www.wallysworldcustomchoppers.com/ he took for ever and, never came threw with all the parts that he promissed in the contract. I had to do alot of the work that he never finished.He still owes me parts a year later. Next time I would buy a nice TCI frame.

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I bought a 32 body it was heavy. I realy didnt have to do much work to the body. You cant beat it for the price. Less that 20 grand you can build one of these kits in to a hot rod.

13. A customer bought one as a complete rolling chassis. Here's what I found when we got it delivered;
    Body itself was fair - not the best, not the worst.
    Doors opened and closed nice but gaps were horrible.
    Fenders didn't fit worth a darn.
    Grille shell was a joke and the hood was worse.
    Came with wheels and tires as part of the deal - he sent pictures showing it with the fenders on. Was pictures of a different car as the fenders had never been drilled and the offset of the wheels was such that the fender would not clear them, would have had to buy new wheels! Money thrown away.
    Gas tank cover was wavy enough to surf on.
    Welds on rear 4 link were "Bubble gum".
    Final decision was to sell it to someone who wanted to do more work than we were willing to for that amount of $$. During the buying process, phone calls were returned quickly, Once the roller was delivered we couldn't get a return call to answer questions to save our life!

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I have a body from them. Great body! I sold all the rest of the crap that came with it, fenders ect.... The doors took some work to get nice but what do you expect for a surf board. You can see my build, look up my post "Cant afford a 32 3 window, make one." I put a Brookville firewall and dash in it. Getting the body ready for paint now. So much to do!

15. H3O

H3O

yeah no kiddin, my truck is more intimidating too!!:D
    with those explorer wheels he will throw in the motor from it too!!!:D

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Is this some kind of SPAM shit?

ask a question on first post, then get two new guys to answer in their first posts?

17. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Something Smells

18. something stinks-might be a "BAD ASS""

19. Weasel

Weasel

Read my signature....:rolleyes:

20. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Henry Ford is Bad Ass.............Tuperware is for chicks ! !

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas, this is a traditional hot rod forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.