Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. NealinCA

NealinCA

I am confused also, but look at the lower rear body line on the car under construction and the primered car. It is definately Model A on the primered delivery. I am wondering if he put a 32 cowl on it and filled the upper body line of the doors and rear to make it look more 32-like?

Neal

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I got one too. Been in the family since 1936. Hauled farm produce in the 30's and 40's. Was drag raced in the 50's Hauled some untaxed products in the 50's as well. Daily driver thru the 60's. Sat in a barn untill the 90's. Goes to Billett proof shows now. Unrestored driver from "the day"...

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

This thread has been approved by the Hamb Deuce Club...:)

kidcampbell71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:cool::D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Does this count?
    Bought out of Oregon on Ebay 2 years ago.
    Supposedly chopped in the '50's and never finished.
    Does this ring any bells with anyone?
    It's my next project after the 5W, and I have a 6 carbed
    425" Nailhead, or a 4 carbed 270" Dodge Super Red Ram
    for it.

Attached Files:

spiffy1937 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. My neighbor brings his out every 15 years or so....trying to talk him out of it but he won't budge. It's a running, driving black 4 door. I like 'em better than the tudoors any day. Same with model A sedans. the 4 doors just have prettier porportions IMHO.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Rocky,,,where's the photo? HRP

8. HRP...I'm gonna have to wait another 8 years before he brings it out again.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Wow!!! That chop has great proportions! I'd go with the nailhead set back into the firewall about 10"! (Ala the orange crate)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Dave you silly bastard, I sent you that private massage! :(

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Very nice chop, just the right amount! My vote is for the 270 Super Red Ram because it will fit without whacking the firewall like a nailhead and legroom always wins in a driver for me.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

What happened to the fordoor that Tom McMullen fucked up in Street Rodder about 25 yrs ago, chopped , channeled & sectioned ???? , it never did get finished as far as I know.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. I missed reading this page of posts and just realized my mistake after you guys pointed out the obvious error. Absolutely correct about the Sedan Delivery being a '31 Model A slant window, it looks close but still is no Deuce (but I guess I said it was....sorry about that!). The header and the body lines are different for sure and it's sitting on an A frame. I think a '32 would actually look better than the A and I would rather make this out of a Fordor than a Tudor because proportionally it looks better to me. And yes the first pic in my post is my chopped Fordor in the back of my garage waiting its turn.

Here's a pic of a '31 slant window A Fordor:

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/ModelAFord/1931MadelAFord-with_slant_windshield-EdLimke-g.jpg

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/ModelAFord/1931MadelAFord-with_slant_windshield-EdLimke-a.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. NealinCA

NealinCA

We saw the car under construction was a Model A...but then it looks like it changed?

Look at the belt line here...

[​IMG]

Now here...

[​IMG]

And then the cowl/A-pillar here...

[​IMG]

and then here...

[​IMG]

Neal

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

It looks like the bottom 2 belt lines have been reworked into one to mimic the lines of a 32???

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. titus

titus

i think its just 2 different cars, thats all i was saying in the first place, but not biggy, shows the same process that would be used on either.

JEFF

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. NealinCA

NealinCA

No...look at the last picture, the windshield has square upper corners. It is still the Model A...just wearing a 32 disguise. Pretty sneaky.

Neal

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    Heres my buddys '32 fordor he got from Mr Poteet.
    Cool cruiser eh!
    I really would like to find a '32 fordor shell. A friend just sold one to Foose to cut up!

-Shiny

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. And a hell of a lot of extra work too! I think it is all the same car and I'm wondering if the combination of the photo quality and the car being flat black is obliterating the smaller bottom beltline?? Anyway, I like the concept and I think using a Deuce will make it look even better. That windshield header area sure looks funky compared to a '32. You guys have good eyes, I didn't notice those beltline details earlier.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. This has kinda gotten off track and away from the original post,,let's stick to leaving all the doors intact.:rolleyes: HRP

21. Aw come on, can't I wack up just one? :confused: Besides we are always end up off track in these threads.:D

OK, back to the thread topic as requested. Here is one owned by my buddy Bob Perreault that you have to have your tetanus shots current to ride in. Bob has a real knack for finding and building unusual old Deuces. This one came out of North Dakota and is sitting on a new chassis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Here is a couple more pics of Mordors I just took at the recent Des Moines GoodGuys Deuce Doins.

This one belongs to my buddy Roger Nunn of Lincoln, Nebraska.

[​IMG]

Another nice one.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. mosimpson

mosimpson

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still plenty to do to finish it, but it's very drivable and always fun :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. I really like these mordoors! The one I remember belonged to a guy from Phoenix named Glen, and they called him "Pipe" does that ring a bell with anyone?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. I can't believe there are this many Deuce Fordors here. Pretty impressive group.

I think one of the things that makes a Deuce Fordor, when done right, look so good is the fact that the owner hasn't tried to hide the fact that his car is a Fordor. Start trying to make one something it isn't, or try to hide the fact that it has "two too many" doors, & things start to get weird. (IMHO, this applies to many other four door vehicles, & station wagons, as well.)

I'm giving mine the same attention I would if it were a 3wd or roadster. The Deuce Fordor is a good-looking car. You don't have to try to make it something it isn't, or try to hide what it is, to make a great car.

JH

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

One day I would like to own one. I think its the perfect retirement ride (to tow behind a motorhome from show to show or across country when I retire, easy to get in and out of (with room for another older couple).

Hotrod primer. maybe you will be ready to sell yours around that time....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. This one was mine. Sort of. It was on permanent loan from a buddy of mine, with the understanding that I was going to purchase it from him at some point. Then I bought a pair of Lincoln Zephyrs from him and decided not to build the 4 door. One of the other club fellas has now spoken for it.
    [​IMG]

This is local fella Frank Riechlin's ride.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    29EHV8, jalopykid and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

My main drawback to a 32 Mordor is the fact that when sitting in the drivers seat ... and you look to your left ... the door post is right in my line of sight :(
    The doors are fairly small and narrow also.

[​IMG]

This one belonged to a friend many years ago ... he sold it to buy a 32 Tudor :D

[​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I have the back section of one that i bought from jimsibley for 50 bucks. but sadly its being used to help my 5 window return from the dead.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. Hey, I'm a Deuce guy and there is NOTHING better looking than a Deuce, period! But maybe I'm out of step with the rest of you guys a little (Hell, that's why I'm a Hot Rodder cuz there are no RULES, and I hate following rules anyway!) but I never did like the look of the Sedan Delivery because it looks like a Tudor Sedan with the rear windows blacked out. I'd rather have a Tudor with the windows (and I do). Thats what i like about the converted Fordor, it just looks more commercial to me than the Tudor Delivery, and it just looks "right", like the way it should have been done. In no way would I ever try to pass it off as the real thing because any real Deuce guy would know better. And I'm not into making a fake to impress somebody, I just like to do my own thing (see above statement on RULES). I have access to another Fordor (and he has two more) for this in addition to the one I already have. I also know where another Tudor and Fordor are but the owner isn't parting with them yet (wait for the estate sale?). If I could get another Tudor I still would convert the Fordor instead. But then that's just me and I have access to the raw material to do it. Since I have about a half dozen Deuce projects already, don't fear that the sawzall is going to start cutting up one anytime too soon because I was dreaming out loud with this project (a guy can still dream about more projects, right?). But that doesn't mean that I won't buy it and stash it just in case...............:D:D

clem and HOTRODPRIMER like this.