Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville role call...Who's going to speed week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jul 11, 2008.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Bring 45 sunscreen, a cooler of food/ fruit, & LOTS of water!

Also, try to avoid loose shorts & no underwear, like the Canadian scribe that I saw walking bow-legged in '05! Funniest thaing I saw that year, but he sure learned about UV reflection. :D

2. skidsteer

skidsteer

My first time, too. Will be there Sunday - Tuesday with my son. Really looking forward to this.

3. Dad and I will be there for our first time. He is driving out from Vermont in his roadster. And I'm meeting him in Denver so we can roll onto the salt for the first time together.:eek:
    He hasn't decided on rollingstock yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] OR [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Mike

Mike

I'll be thre for sure, probably driving my Deuce Tudor. I reckon I'll be helping the Bean Bandits (mostly just staying out of the way) a lot of the time.

5. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

The Quick & Easy banger powered '27 will be there with TV and me chasing speed-

[​IMG]

Come by our pits for a Margarita!---look for the STOP SIGN and Red ez-up----

Keven

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Keven, that thing is SMOKIN hot! very sexy indeed.

7. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Hey Mike,
    Looks like we'll be neighbors again this year. I'm planning on driving my roadster out and back. My new engine needs a good break-in run. The Bone's have a newer and hotter flatty for this years attempt.
    See you in a couple'a weeks.
    Paul

8. Brickster

Brickster

I'll be back again. I hope to finalize some plans for a build that starts next year so I hope to get som questions answered. see you all there.

Brick

9. mad-cad

mad-cad

Our motley bunch (622 crew) will be there sometime sat evening thru thursday.As always come and say Hi if we are in the pits( look for the big red bus) or in line,there is normally cold beer on hand for visitors at all times:D
    C-ya there
    Tim

10. ratstar

ratstar

The Disneyworld Bus!!!!

11. mad-cad

mad-cad

its a state of mind :p:D Sorry to hear the pre-speedweek BBQ is off , come by and have a beer with us.

12. ratstar

ratstar

Yeah I'll for sure come see you. I'll probably be throw another BBQ next year but timing with surgeries and such is really bad for me so I wont have time to prepare anything.

13. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

"my dads best friend from high school will be debuing his new lakester class car look for car 77"

How did he get that number? As far as I know that number has been used by Seth Hammond for 20+ years.

DW

14. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

I will be driving my 32' tub pictured here along with my buddy and his newly finished killer model A tub as well. Leaving out of Cincinnati on Friday the 15th for 1800 miles of fun.....can't wait

Attached Files:

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

16. Mike

Mike

Good deal Paul, looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

17. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

I think Rich has it right.
    Dan, if you didn't know Seth is bringing a new AA/Lakester to the salt. A real looker.

18. Seth has friends??????????

19. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I drove out onto the Salt about 1/2 mile yesterday. By the way, the end of the road has been fixed nicely. Wayno

20. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Good news Wayno..See you soon.....Lucky

21. real good news, my family and I were thinking of cruising out there just for fun and checking the conditions, now you saved us the gas money. :)

22. Brodie Smith

Brodie Smith

I'll be there. first time...

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cold beer and a hacksaw?

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

Attached Files:

24. mad-cad

mad-cad

No crew members were hurt during the taking of that photo...:D did ya notice the BFH(big f**king Hammer) with duct tape on the shank sitting on the ground.
    See ya on the salt

25. duste01

duste01

I'm thinking about flying out and seeing family for the weekend. I might take a ride over.

26. Found out today that my request for the time off I put in 2 1/2 months ago was turned down!!!! I cant believe the nerve of the bastards. I told them "well you better start looking cause I am"

27. fabianvaldez

fabianvaldez

I'll be out there, with the rest of the "Bean Bandits". We are working on bringing some of the ol' timers. And we plan on having a "good" time!!!

28. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Look for the pasty white, bald headed, sun burned Canadian dying in the heat. That'll be me.

First timer, trying to learn all I can before I go, and looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can.

29. ratstar

ratstar

jeff you just discribed half the people out there (including me) except for the word canadian. I dunno how to tell a canook just by looking at him.

30. Tom Branch

Tom Branch

This streamliner #1233 is one of "the ol' timers" we're bringing out! It hasn't been to speedweek in 10 years. We completely rebuilt/retrofitted it over the winter, and got a couple of "shakedowns" in at El Mirage. Now we are ready for Bonneville!

Look for Fabian, me, and the rest of the Bean Bandits team and race cars in the pits, starting line, and record impound throughout the week! Stop by and say hello!

Attached Files: