Register now to get rid of these ads!

Columbus Goodguys report ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gizzy, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Just wondering if anybody made it to the Columbus Goodguys show?
    Giz'

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just got back to the hotel. The fucking lame-asses didn't have our room ready (at 4 fucking 30) and we had to have our 6th set of keys made, so we're surfing the interweb. Man I just love the Crowne Plaza North.

Other than the hotel and a little rain, it was a killer show. I'll post pics when I get back home.

3. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

I thought it was kind of a lame show. If you're into muscle cars made to look like some sort of new-age matchbox car, I guess it was a sweet show. Or if you love teal and peach paint jobs. Or rusty shitboxes covered in skulls and rat rod t-shirts.

4. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Whining about car shows is the new flat black.

Wow, Kirk's quote fit perfectly. Worked the show all weekend, had a good time and saw some nice cars.

5. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Kirk, I'm just sitting in my room at the Crown Plaza waiting for my Monday morning flight wishing that I had a kick ass job like you walking around the show all day looking at the cars rather than sitting behind a table selling car wax wishing that I could see more cars. Hope you had a fun weekend. Stop by the Meguiar's booth every now and then and say hi.

- Nathan

6. floored

floored

What? Mom's house not good enough for ya anymore?

7. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

You might want to spend a little time cking out the GG Col posts ( event coverage ).. been a few up since thursday ........:confused:

8. Muttley

Muttley

Rain?!?!? Hey Ohio, in case you havent heard it's Summer..................feel free to act like it.

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had a good time

10. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

We were there Friday and Saturday for a while. We had a great time. By far the best big show around here. A great mix of cars.

11. butch27

butch27

This was the FIRST time rain really affected the show in the 10 years I've been going. Still a pretty good show. Sat in the car for a few hours Sat. then went back to the Motel.

12. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

Anybody else see the accident thur night with the 32' and the tree. Or the one sat night with the chevelle?

13. Sat Morn, before the rain..
    Only had a couple hours to attend, but this is what I got..:)

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/tierod_bill/Goodguys%20Columbus%2008/

Man that show is great. by 11am too many people to hardly get near the cars...Food was good, Cars were GREAT...Saw some of my HAMB Buddies over there...:D

I gota make it an overnight next year, just too many cars to see, and I wanted to see them all...:(
    Bill j.

14. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

I totaled my '37 Plymouth on the way there Friday morning (will post pics later this afternoon when I slow down at work). Must have been a good weekend for accidents.

15. Goodguys Columbus is a terrific event. The one thing that you can't argue is that it offers something for everyone. Whether you like street rods, muscle cars, traditional rods, shiny cars, dull cars, etc... they got them there. Whining about events like this is pure stupidity. Like listening to a radio station you don't like. Change the damned channel then. Same thing applies, you don't like a car, walk by the damned thing and go look at something you do like. I'm here to tell ya that if you can't find something you like in 6000 plus cars, you better find a new hobby. Two thumbs up for Columbus Good Guys. :)

16. AMEN Scotty....

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Here are the threads from NITROFC from Thursday, Friday and Saturday on order. And the ill-fated '32 pix are in his Thursday thread, courtesy of Skirv. BTW, anyone got any specifics on the outcome of this? I heard like fifteen different stories and I'm betting none are true.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278168&showall=1
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278373
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278499&showall=1

Here's a hot tip for looking for photos of events; Look for threads from NITROFC during that event weekend, (mostly stuff east of the Miss) and then for the GG shows, give KIRK! a couple days to get home and sobered up. Then look for his thread. Just that simple. Oh wait, NITROFC won't be at any shows for a while, he's taking some time off and will be at home watching us... He'll be back though.

Vance

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

gg columbus is the new street nats! except there's no walmart parking lot...

(i can't go as much as i used to, i miss it. :( )

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

I had a great time......Sure wish it would rain a little everyday so it would run the power parking/award seeking/look at me people back to their trailers.

20. I had a great time. I got a chance to talk with KIRK! a little on saturday.

Saw some amazing cars. Personally I loved seeing all the pro cars. Both the street machine crowd and the street rod of the year cars were all awesome and inspiring. How could you not look at those cars and take something away from them in the quality and exacution of their builds. While my pockets will never be deep enough, nor would I want any of them, I just think that the builds and the quality of the cars in the pro area was amazing.

In the end I think the judges(for lack of a better term) got it right. The Poteet delivery is a work of art. And yet it is a low key, low tech looking car. And the Camaro that won the street machine pic was amazing as well.

I think that anyone that attends this show will be able to find a ton of the style cars they enjoy, and then walk past the ones you don't care for.

21. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

I'm not whining, because I don't care. He asked and I told him. Yeah I was there. Yeah I saw some cool stuff. I've been going for 5 years and I just don't think this year was very good.

22. I just got back home from my first (but probably only) Columbus trip with some neat parts and a much lighter wallet. Had a good time all-in-all.

23. Terranova

Terranova

Nothing against people who own station wagons with surfboards...

but did anyone notice a proliferation of 60's-something-station-wagons-with-surfboards?

It may just be me, but I thougt I saw a ton of them... and I'm pretty sure there's no surf with in HOURS of Ohio. lol

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats an understatement:D

25. Linetech

Linetech

I was there from about 1:30 Thursday till leaving Sunday morninng about 9.Had a great time saw some outstanding cars and some not so.But all and all had a great time.Can't wait till next year

26. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I agree !! Kinda like finding a eating place that ya like . We have eat at the same place with friends each year and it has been great each and every time even with a bit of poor service this year..The swap meet has been great each year as well . We will be there next year for sure !:D