Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever do something stupid while showing off to your old lady??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Jul 11, 2008.

1. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

well I just did!! My wife had not yet had a REAL ride in my Willys, just a couple times to town and back, with just a tickle in the throttle here and there. Well we were coming back from a local cruise tonight and I decided I was really gonna stand on it and show her a REAL burn out! So about 500 feet before my driveway on a sucluded straight part of the black top, I roll to a stop I throw her in first then dump the clutch, then all hell broke loose, went from my lane into the other fish tailing etc, then I lost a little bit of control and went right into my ditch, nearly putting the car on it's side, I pushed back into the throttle ever so lightly and got out of the ditch. My wife, well she was as white as a ghost, with here ass severly stuck to the seat. My too was pretty well puckered. so I pull into the garage and immediately look for damage, was suprised to just see some scratches, all my exhaust wrap on the pass side ripped off, lots and lots of dirt and pebbles implanted into the frame and suspension, and a slightly tweeked front fender. Could have been WAY worse! My wife went direcly into the house and hasn't talked to me yet. I hope it impressed her:) because now I have some cleaning etc to do. Live and learn, I'll be watching what I do a bit more frome here on out, this would have been hard to explain to Mr insurance man. Anyone else to something stupid while showing off? Later, Rusty.

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

3. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

if you are a car guy, you have shown off and broken something. im pretty sure thats law.

4. Were your last words "watch this"? Mine were but I was 16. ;)

5. Well, I had the throttle stick on my hemi once.
    Seems the front carb was too close to the remote thermostat and the resulting heating of the carb swelled up the base plate to the point where it pinched the throttle shaft.

When I stabbed the throttle, the end carbs stayed upen and that kept the center carbs part way open as well.
    Shut the key off, got out and shut the end carbs down and fired 'er back up and went on my way.

Got back to Bill Chaplis' place and we made a (polished) stainless baffle that evening and it's still on the manifold today.

Oh, did I mention that this was during the Fiday night parade in Macungie a few years back? On the hill heading up to the PA Pike overpass.....

6. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

No.
    You're the only one.
    Ever.
    It's just you.

Unless her falling off the back of my Harley doing a "accidental" wheelie counts...:eek:

Don't worry. She was O.K. and it was a l-o-n-g time ago.
    :D

7. brewsir

brewsir

No my wife doesn't ride in my hot rods.....not sure why but it works out pretty good!

8. 6tall

6tall

Proposed ......

9. 46mopar

46mopar

At least she'll leave you alone while your cleaning the car.

10. texdesoto

texdesoto

Once upon a time: dumped clutch, wheels up, lots of noise, 3 ears depart trans case to stay with bell housing, forward velocity ended. Ah the memories...

11. belair

belair

It's gonna be a lonely weekend, I bet. Just you and the Willys.

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

If I ever did I wouldn't tell about it.

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

first time i met my wife, i lite up the 70 amx for a whole block! then spent 30 mmins in a cop car gettin yelled at...then it all turned into a car tech thing......she married me anyway!

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Lance did you have the shirt that quotes...If you can read this shirt...well you know the rest.

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Put a new motor and clutch in my truck. Took the wife for a ride and powered 2nd to 3rd and promptly blew the new clutch.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ditto. Especially when there are several thousand world wide pairs of eyes reading about it. I prefer only two witnesses to an event like that and only one to bribe to keep it quiet.:eek::D

Frank

17. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

Just like when the Snow Man ran over all of those motor cycles FAROUT!

18. But how many times??

I think I'm heading for a HAMB record, soon as my third divorce finishes...

My buddy says it's because I have never lost a house, I think its because I just like women...
    Cosmo

19. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Hahahahahaha...
    This was WAY before that shirt came out, maybe someone saw me and got the idea for it.

I told her to HOLD ON!

:D

20. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

This was more than 20 years ago and before my current bride (married 17 years). I had wrecked a previous car and was without a ride. I was trying to get back with an ex-girlfriend at the time and had picked up a 1971 Porsche 914 for $1000. I had wheels again and I wanted to impress her. She loved the car, even though it needed alot of work, including fixing rust in the door jambs. So our ride goes great till I whiz past her house by a couple hundred yards and flip the car into a 180 to do a dramatic pull up to the house...about midway thru the 180 the passenger door flies open and she goes flying out the door and is laid up for weeks with severe road rash.

Needless to say, we did not get back together.

21. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Fired up the race car in the garage, and thought I'd burn a little rubber out the door before I loaded it on the trailer. Hit the brakes but ended up sliding smack into the back of the trailer, the (now ex) o.l. and the neighbors across the street thought it was all quite humorous :eek:

22. Greezy

Greezy

Does knocking yourself cold with a ceiling fan, while wearing a Bat Man costume count?....if not then no.

Dude Im glad you came out alright. And if you were trying to make her hot I think you succeded. Ill come down tommorrow.

23. That is really showing her the door! Boy, there are times I'd like to do that kind of on purpose...

24. Cataldo

Cataldo

With an ex of mine we hit 150 in my Camaro, spun it around twice making a left turn and the first time she was off roading, the first time she was in my Jeep (POS), the first time she had seen snow with her own two eyes i got Stuck on top of the mountain For a couple hours 'till a buddy of mine came up. All of them ended with me laughing and her pissed off. the snow got her the worse but spinnin' around got her holding onto the roof and the seat. (Lap belts).

25. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Not for a girl, but was showing off for a friend in my cherry '72 Buick Centurion 1st car. Grandma's car...40,000 original miles, no rust, perfect interior, 455. I did a lot of donuts on dry pavement when I was 16.
    Ran to work one night, jumped out, ran in, came back to the car, jumped in, threw it into Reverse to do a Rockford out of the parking lot, and damn if a crew didn't pour a 3-foot tall round concrete base, wire it and erect a parking lot light pole right behind the car while I was inside getting my paycheck.

I hit it so hard the radio shut off.

-Brad

26. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

>>>Anyone else to something stupid while showing off?>>>

Ummmmm..........Yup! :D

Too many times to count, going all the way back to Jr. High and 10 speed bikes and forward from there.

You need to buy some flowers for the wife now :p

Al in CT

27. tr12

tr12

oh god this one time i borrowed a friends bike just to show off.i heard him say something about the brakes,but didnt quite remember quite what it was.well anyways,whellie all the way down the driveway(bout 100 feet)and then i suddenly realized what he said to me....it started off"it aint got no"and ended in:BRAKES!!!hahaha i slid like 35 feet behind a bike straight into the rear garage wall.i still feel my face hitting that thing today.oh dear.

another time,i wasnt even trying to show off,we had just got his new motor home to his house and ,of course,like any other new motor we can afford,the pistons were froze solid.all of em.so we pulled out the ol hammer and nice sized chunk of 4x4 and got to work wack-a-molin' em right out of that block.wel,long story short,we broke all the hammers at his house and mine dong this,so we stopped for the night and went inside to brainstorm what to do next,and,of course,sleep.we woke up the next morning with a grrrreat idea.BASEBAL BATS!only one problem though:someones gotta get in the line of fire and hold the wood.that person,would be me;i know i know.before i left that day ,i had been hit at least 4 or maybe 5 times by my best friend with a baseball bat.oh damn!!!!

troy

28. Gepetto

Gepetto
    from Orange

My wife and I had just started dating bout 3 months into it. We were driving in my 65 pick up that I use to street race in. She was talking about something, I wasn't really pay attenion to what she was saying, I just kept watching the guy in the
    Rouche mustang behind me. The road split into 2 lanes and we came up to a stop sign and I slouch down in the seat to get ready. He jumped first and it was on!! I got about 2 car lenghts and let off and looked over at her to see if she was impressed. If her head didn't smack the back of the cab when I launched I don't think I would have gotten the rattion of shit I did. Its hard to hear someone yelling at you when you are wide open. After that I warned her before I dumped the clutch.

29. Muttley

Muttley

Please tell me you have a video of that that will be posted on YouTube shortly.

30. FuelFC

FuelFC

What was Ed's wife doing on your bike?