Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I know a lotta guys don't care for them or consider them parts cars,,,some of us love them.:)

I have seen a few from time to time,,,now it's time to show them all together,,,I'll start it off with my mor-door,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    '34 Ratrod likes this.
  2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Id like to have one.. Been looking for a deal on just a body.
    Dave

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. 31whitey

31whitey

same as above

want a real nice body

have a good 32 roller

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Pm me a price .. got any pics.. ??????? Id really like to do a fenderless more door so we can take the grand daughter with us..
    Dave

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

While I do not own a Fordor Deuce, I have always liked and admired this one.

[​IMG]

I have seen it around in TN, NC, SC and GA for years at the events.
    It is always clean and looks the same every time I see it.

It is a well cared for and must be a much loved MoreDoor ...
    I would love to own it ... just as it is.

:D

alfin32, HOTRODPRIMER and i.rant like this.
  6. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

I just bought one. Unfortunately, it's still in Ohio waiting to be brought home (keeping the fingers crossed JimA). The engine for it is at the machine shop, Jim ordered a 2004r from Gearstar, and the chassis is at his shop ready for mock-up.

Here is what I am starting with.

[​IMG]

Here is a mordor I found and Photoshopped with the general idea of where I am headed with this car.

[​IMG]

I can't get the color quite right in Photoshop, but it's close. I had a Watson painted '66 ElCamino (unfortunately, taken w/o my permission and never returned) and am trying to recreate the color that was on that car. It looked sort of like a late 60's mossy/algae green with a bunch of gold pearl over the top of it. Other than that and the choice wheels (SoCal's or Torque Thrusts), this is pretty much how I want it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. MS, that looks like a great car. I talked to JimA yesterday & he told me that he was on his way to pick one up. Keep us posted on that one for sure. I'll be anxious to see it come together.

I found mine in Canada & split it with MilesM. I got the body & he got the rest. The body is the best I've seen. It doesn't have a single spot of rust in it & just a couple of small dings. Under a light coat of surface rust, it is gorgeous.

I'll be on the road by Spring 2010... at the latest. We're fixing to hit it hard.

JH

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

My wife Carol has one , it's our Family Hot Rod, I looked for 12 months to get one & went to Texas for ours in 2001 . 300 cu in Buick for power & original paint on the body & hood,no bspatina !

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. I've collected a few pics over the past few years.

I'll start with the bare bodies...

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Fendered...

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Highboys...

Attached Files:

alfin32 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

Thanks, JH. It would have been nice to find just the body so I don't have all those extra parts to sell off. Hopefully, Jim is able to sell everything at Goodguys and bring it home.

Looking at Limey Steve's, wife's car almost make me want to keep the fenders on it. Then Harrison posts all those hiboys and that look is great too (plus, the wife thinks it looks like someone should be hanging off the running board with a Tommy gun when the fenders are on). I like 'em both ways.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. 2-TONED

2-TONED

heres a 4 banger with 30,000 miles.
    [​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. tinmann

tinmann

I've got a 4 door body with all the doors. The back body panel was cold chiseled out back in the dark ages to make a "truck". I have a replacement piece that I have not yet installed. The doors have been molasses dunked and are workable but will need minor patch work. I don't have all the window mechanisms or garnish moldings. Bad news for you southerners is that it's located in the geographical center of B.C. Canada.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

So is it forsale??? Not that I have the $$$$ at the moment....but curious what something like that goes for, as I'll be searchin' for a new project.....soon enough.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Check out Jalopykid's here on the Hamb...he has a bad ass highboy in the works!!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Here's two that I have owned in the last year. I sold the unchopped Hiboy to a guy in Southern California, he now uses it as his pit car at Bonneville and a daily driver. The fendered car was built and chopped by my dad in the 70's, I recently found it and changed it quite a bit, then sold it back to my dad.

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. tinmann

tinmann

Sure..... at the risk of "advertising" outside of the classifieds section.... I'll sell it for $3500. Anyone interested can pm me for pics or more info.

19. OK, for those hunting a body..... I don't know if these still exist but if you're serious about buying one, you'll find out.

Body # 1 was near Quincy, IL. It was in good condition. Was missing the front door garnish moldings, firewall, & dash. It has a little rust in the rear subrails. $6500. 217-740-6151.

Body #2 was near Seaman, OH. It was in good condition. Was missing all garnish moldings & firewall. Included a dash. $6000. 937-386-2604

#3 was a complete car also from OH. It was seen in the Nats swap meet. Super body & parts. Sounded like most everything was there. I only saw the body though. $8000. 937-725-0551

Note: "Body #2" and "#3" may have been the same car packaged differently & offered by different sellers. I seriously considered each of these but ended up going with my Canada find.

Good luck...

JH

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. 32csr, that highboy is damn-near perfect.

JH

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

thanks....it was one of those cars that i hated to sell

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. MilesM

MilesM

I have one going together. I got it in TX a few years ago and it came from Alaska and was raced on ice. Body is in great shape and only needs some sheet metal screw holes filled from a Visor! and a rear view mirror on the B piller?. It is getting a couple subrail centers replaced as it was channeled but they left all of the outboard.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. NealinCA

NealinCA

My future family hot rod project that I drug home last year...

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Come on Neal. The "BEFORE" of that one is certainly worth posting.

JH

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

So, you don't want a heads-up when they get sold?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

post the ebay item #'s that would be helpful.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

Will do.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. MilesM

MilesM

I could be wrong but I believe he was just checking to see if you would post them here on the HAMB for sale first but I see not.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I forgot to add a smiley :)
    Looks like a great car to build for sure.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.