Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Our house was built in the late 1940`s....but nothing special.

My best friend just bought a house built in the early 1950`s and it is ALL ORIG...right down to the wicked cool intercom and pink and aqua tiled bathroom!

3. TheHviz

TheHviz

Heres the house I bought last year, Im only the second owner, house was built in 1953, and owned by the same couple til they passed of cancer. The guy owned a TV/Electronic repair and sales store not too far from here. I get a kick out of talking to people who grew up in the city of Wyoming, I ask them, "remember Leonard and Brown TV?" They always say, "yeah!" I tell them I bought Ray Brown's house. And then they usually have a story to tell me about him. Its pretty cool. House is pretty 70's/80's vintage inside but its in good shape and the yard/landscaping is awesome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TheHviz

TheHviz

Oh sorry one last thing. The house originaly had a single stall garage, until June or 1967, when a tornado tore through this area and destroyed the garage, they never found it, only pieces of what was left, it also blew out all the windows in the house. SO the insurance gave them a new 2stall.

5. 49anglia

49anglia

We live in a 1 bed flat, 60's build.

No garage or outside space unfortunately.

Inside is quite kitsch, only got a pic of half our living room

[​IMG]

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here is my house in Blaine, Ohio..... We Love It!:D
    The garage kind of sucks but the yard is big enough to have a small car show and BarBQ of which we'll have this summer or early fall.

Attached Files:

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dude, I grew up looking at a clock just like that one.......

8. 49anglia

49anglia

We got that from new mexico, bought off ebay.

Weve also got a baby blue 50's 3 piece suite with red cushons and loads of ornaments etc.

Metalic pink kitchen walls, mint green and cream bedroom with 57 chevy style boarder made from wood, turquoise bathroom with glitter and leopard print curtains, lots of art and car models and 3 cats to smash it all for us.

Various car parts around the house including our new flathead and an axle in bits on the bed that i painted today. Didnt go down too well with the wife that:D

9. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

hey larry are u give tours of your house. party at larrys

10. dude you're my hero! more pics of vintage toys PLEASE.

11. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

This be mine...as of about 6 months ago...

[​IMG]

12. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

My house, Circa 1890....

Al in CT

Attached Files:

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Nice mid-century artifacts.

14. scarylarry

scarylarry

Anytime you are in central PA feel free to PM me and stop by to look at all the junk. There's a lot more crap since that post. :)

15. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

my wife and I are restoring a 1952 ranch...the roof is a big wedge in front and flat in back...4 bedrooms, 3 car garage and 3 bathrooms... glad it had 'good bones' because it's a money pit.

pics are too big for the HAMB so I'll have to wait to post pix...

16. Hansa1100

Hansa1100
    from Norway

Ours, from 1898. Still under heavy renovation.

Attached Files:

• hus.jpg
      hus.jpg
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
  17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

You guys have some incredible old houses! I'm impressed. Old houses turn my crank as much as old cars do. They seem to go hand in hand.

Here's a more recent shot of our 1910 1 3/4 story house. It looks alot better now that the leaves are on the trees.
    [​IMG]

18. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I love old houses and there's alot of cool ones on here. I've been meaning to post pics since I started this garage addition last Sept. Here's the house like we bought it in '93. 1900sf, Nantucket colonial circa 1850s. Front section is timber framed, the middle section is post and beam, the back room and farmers porch was added probably in the 80's. The porch was falling apart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After years of debate and feet dragging we decided to go for it. 1550sf of garage with a sunroom and mudroom entry replacing the porch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple of buddies stop by to supervise....
    [​IMG]
    Got the roof done just in time, it was a long winter..
    [​IMG]
    Got the floor poured and the doors on this spring.
    [​IMG]
    It's now the house of 8 gables..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Holy crap did my taxes go up!

40two likes this.
  19. It's kinda small but it's HOME>>>>.****** So I says to Mrs Pro. "As soon as I get that Promotion at the plant we will put in that picture window you have always been dreamin of." You know we do have that special view!!!!!!>>>>.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  20. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

21. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Our place was a railroad section house where crews stayed overnight when out on the job. It was built around 1900 and was moved to present site when they built Alder dam in the late 30's. The original rail line ran right through the present lake bed.
    The outbuilding was the local barber shop about a mile up the road and was moved here in the 60's. It is pretty much original inside.It is a storage building now.

Attached Files:

22. I don't think your showing off. Rest of us didn't start collecting soon enough. I live in the same house since 76. Bought it three times ............

23. brandon

brandon

currently rehabbing one that has to be turn of the century....or as a previous owner and customer of mine said..."it was old, when i was young...and i'm 70:eek:" ...tall ceilings that were stained bead board (too bad the ceiling have been dropped) will have to see if i have any shots of it .... just got done removing 2 additions that were goofed up...trying to find someone to do some barn work...she figured it has to be atleast 120 years old... .brandon:D

24. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Just bought this one last week (well, the bank bought it and is gracious enough to let us live in it while we pay for it )

Its a pretty much original 1961 modern Ranch:
    [​IMG]

Great windows and a great fireplace
    **that home depot door is getting replaced as soon as funds allow...*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

very proud, and very excited...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  25. Damn! That is one sweet ranch. Congrats!

26. Nice try Paul,:eek: Haha, you just don't want anyone to see all your toys.
    :D:D:D

27. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

anybody here have a full on 1950's kitchen? I'd like to hear how happy you are with it on a daily basis. I mean all of it...fridge, stove, etc...

28. bloodandwhisky

bloodandwhisky
    from DFW Texas

wow! dig the new diggs! congrats ka-zoo!

29. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Scoob, if youre thinking of "restoring" a vintage kitchen, check out www.retrorenovation.com its a great resource for ideas and inspiration.