Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford roadster pickups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc Squat, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Does anybody know how many were actually produced? Trying to find photo of a real one to compare repos. If you have a photo could you post it?

2. alchemy

alchemy

I've got parts of one, but they are buried deep in the warehouse. I think around 500 produced in '32, even less in '33, and a handful in '34.

Attached Files:

3. Search button works fine,,try it sometime,,,,

The photos were posted by 3Wlarry,,,HRP

Attached Files:

4. rodncustom

rodncustom

The re-pops are COMPLETELY different than the originals(if you're thinking of the Brookville).

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

This is a real one, as far as I know:
    [​IMG]

These 3 are all "sorta repops" -- they are not literal copies of a '32 RPU, but are built to resemble a '32 roadster (non-pickup) in style:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. From what I have researched since wanting one;
    1932 593 all 4 cyl (no V-8's in 32 roadster PU)
    1933 202 4 cyl
    308 V-8
    1934 248 4 cyl
    99 V-8

7. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

The three pictured that look like roadsters may be repops, but there is some history to this style. My friend has one like this that is original. He bought it in California from someone who imported it from Australia but it was originally built right here in Windsor Ontario Canada. It was well used down under to the point where the top of the front crossmember was worn right through and the top leaf was held in place by the bottom of the rad! Not exactly the best way to drop the front end. Neat car! It has real roadster doors, cowl and windshield. The box continues on from the body - not a separate box, but does use regular Deuce fenders. I have a pic somewhere of it before it was taken apart. I'll try to find and post it

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Ragtop, If you mean a roadster ute, yeh they were made here, the first factory made year was 34 I thought, My friend has an A model roadster ute that was built from a tourer, probably when the car was still new-ish, but if a 32 was made as well, id love to see the photos.

9. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Ben,
    Roadster utes were made in 28-29, I have some pretty nackered ones. They were also made right through to at least 37. Over the years they've all been rodded and featured in Australaian Street rodding.

There's a 32 roadster ute featured in a mag out here - it has a Mcculloch blown flathead, and a jag rear, and tru-spoke wires. I wish I could remember which mag ti was in.

10. NealinCA

NealinCA

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

did they have a passenger car grille from the factory? I can't see all the pictures on my work computer due to blocks.

12. mjxlange

mjxlange
    from SW Florida

I am going to look at one that I was told was a 32. This is my first barn find. I get to see it on sunday I will see if I can get a picture or two.

13. plan9

plan9

post pictures AFTER you buy it and its parked in your garage.

someone may recognize the car and scoop it from under you.
    they are rare enough to make some people act like assholes. ;)

oldtymehiboy likes this.
  14. rainh8r

rainh8r

There were lots of big trucks too that used that body. Many dump truck pictures I've seen use the open cab, which makes no sense to me at all except that they were the cheapest of all the configurations. Those old construction trucks didn't last very long.

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

Very nice, although not a real '32 roadster pickup..........

16. This is an original Type 302 (?) '32 roadster ute with the cut down sides (the one Stovebolt mentioned above). Type 304 had the reveal all the way to the back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a '32 tourer for a bit of comparison (this tourer was actually a uted tourer Hot Rod in the 60s)
    [​IMG]

lowsquire, '34 was the first coupe ute.

17. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

If you're looking for a REAL roadster pickup, do a search for Jeff Norwell's Diamond Deuce.

18. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

the number I have seen was 738 . but what do I know ?
    I do want one though .

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Mike, If I remember right Neal built this body using a pickup cab. I think there was a build thread about it. Anyway, I'm sure he'll come back on and tell us for sure.

Frank

20. Yes, Neal used a p/u cab to do that. Nice job in my opinion. In fact I have a cab set aside to do the same thing to but I'll stretch the cabin a bit.

Charlie

21. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

I have a collection of original ford motor company publicity photos of the l932 ford models, one of which is a roadster pick-up. It is commercial in every way except it has a passenger car grille and shell and passenger car headlights. Also have a photo of a deluxe delivery which is a panel truck with car headlights and car grille and shell also.

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

Frank, now that you mention it, I think I remember. Isn't it the one with the beautifully finished flathead?....I hope things are well with you.
    Mike

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Hi Charlie,
    I just told Frank that I remember seeing Neal's beauty in a thread that showed his beautifully finished flathead.....I've still got your Cadillac wheels and tires.
    Mike

24. Mike,

I need to make a special trip down your way some free Saturday morning - before summer fades away on us.

Charlie

25. racemad55

racemad55

Have any more of the full fendered one with the hemi? I like it!

26. Those of you in Southern California have probably seen this one around for a few years
    The only thing wrong with it is its not in my garage

Attached Files:

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

YES!!! We need some more shots of that beauty............and some specs

Frank

28. NealinCA

NealinCA

Could be...

[​IMG]

...and yes, it is a cut-off closed cab. Thanks for the compliments...still a long, long way to go.

Neal

29. hemifarris

hemifarris

Yep,
    That's it......Mike