Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Old Bicycle bells,Railroad wrenches,,Vintage Clothing ( 1800's )

2. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

I know this post is about a year old, but just change the word "Antique" to "classic car" hurts don't it?

3. This describe you...???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYokLWfqbaU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYokLWfqbaU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

or does this...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&feature=related

Hahaha....!

4. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

YES! and that was pretty funny...... thanks for the fresh prospective wingnutz.

5. Some asshole just copied my thread! No original thoughts...I guess.

I would have put classic cars,but then I would be lying,right?

6. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Gibson guitars..I used to work for them...was a touring hack..kept my customs.
    I also do guns...and of course..

Summitt and Jegs reciepts...

7. I can't say I collect these,but the other night my wife was walking the dog and saw this at the curb,waiting to be picked up by Goodwill. She tells me there's a Coke machine at the curb,around the corner. It's about 11:15,i'm tired,but thought okay i'll go look. I went over there and there was a roof to a 450SL Mercedes,lawnmower,shit bicycle,and a wood table. As I get closer I see the Coke chest. I look it over and run back home and get my dolly. When I got home I plugged it in and IT WORKS!!!!! I'll probably just use it for an ice chest,when I have company,but WHAT A SCORE!!!! I cleaned and waxed it,but that's all i'm gonna do to it.

[​IMG]

8. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

nice score "Bad Bob"....

the score that started my hawaiiana/tiki collection,
    was a complete living room set much like this one below.
    for $100. at a yard sale.
    I still see this stuff around for $1200. - $3000.

[​IMG]

would like to sell it, but the wife loves it....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. Get this! When I bought my first house,it had an enclosed patio with that same Hawaiin furnature! My wife wanted a dog,so I bought a Dalmation puppy. The first night we went to dinner,we came home and it was torn to shreds!!! I was so pissed! Not because she ruined the furnature,but because NOW I had to go buy something to sit on,LOL!!!
    The previous owner had a dog and I think the puppy smelled it.

10. Sell it all and buy a Ferret . At least you can drive it . I'd suggest a MK 2/3

11. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

You must be living right to score like that!

12. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Maybe just a little !!!

Attached Files:

13. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!

14. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

say it aint so..... do you still have the dog?

so at what point does a collection began? 3 or more?
    if so, taking a look around, looks like I got a thing for vintage toasters

this thread is far from dead... haha haha
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I collect the freebie glasses that came out in the 70's with cartoon characters and superheros on them. I have about 70 different ones.
    Lp's and 45's - about 5000
    Scandnavien stamps
    N-Scale model trains
    Old radios - AM Broadcast and Ham
    Antique games and toys -
    Oddball car parts
    Baseball books and memorbilia
    And wives - on #3 atm. Wife says this collection ends here

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

17. skwurl

skwurl

Old metal signs, pedal cars, Old coolers,

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

'50's & '60's Rock'n'Roll 45's,jukeboxes to play 'em on.'Jukeboxes are like kustoms,a nice one is like a work art.Hamilton electric watches.

19. Being an "oldtimer" car person but a bit of a newcomer to the HAMB, I doubted there'd be non-auto stuff on this site. But it's good to see so many of you/us share so many different interests. Has anyone thought of having a separate section that would address OT collections, swapmeets, etc.? No I'm NOT talking about frickin beenie weenies or pogs but maybe stuff along same lines at the car stuff & with similar rules like, pre-'65, genuine authentic stuff, no repops, etc. I got stuff from old cameras, LPs & 78s, WWII and earlier posters, some old plastic & die cast models, and military stuff (my old duffel bag is still packed from when I got out over 30 years ago!), my list goes on and on, and my basement is full to the ceiling with stuff I'll never have time to display but hate to toss & now it's spilling over into the garage:eek::eek:. I'd rather swap some of it to someone that would like to add it to their collection or display it, rather than put it on ebay or have it tossed in the dumpster after I'm gone. Any thoughts?

20. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I collect Model Cars, Old Car Mags and odd misc. shit. Used to collect Comics, but when that went out of control in the 90's, I sold and go out!
    I also have a small collection of Japanese Anime figures. They are really nice!

I currently have over a thousand models and I am still buying more!

[​IMG]

21. unkamort

unkamort

Fillmore posters, models (maybe 100 boxed, 50 built), 7" real to real tapes. Suprised to see not many record collectors... This is an old pic. The shelf is packed now with overspill on the floor, around a coupla thousand I guess.

Attached Files:

22. If you didn't read the original post. When my mom died,who was an antique dealer/collector,I inherited most of her stuff. Almost all of it,NOT car related,but was surprised when I was offered some big money for some of the things she collected. I kept the stuff that meant something to me,or I thought was cool.
    So that's what gave me the idea to ask HAMBers if they collect other stuff. The obvious; Signs,race posters,oil cans,car toys,raceing pic's,speed parts,pedal cars!,etc. I was most wondering about other stuff.
    I'm still blown away by the response! Just go back to the first page and can't believe what other guys collect!!!
    The two that stand out the most are the guy who collects insect sprayers and the one who collects icecream scoopers! TOO FUNNY!

23. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

I just realized I have several vintage sewing machines, which I never thought of as a collection until now. I have an 1883 hand-crank lockstitch machine, that's worth about $200 bucks, a 1956 Singer model 15 (it's gorgeous, completely cast iron, it's a BEAST!), and a treadle sewing machine which I haven't really bothered to date and/or research, as well as an early 70's Kenmore. All but the Singer belonged to my Grandmother or Great-Grandmothers. Other than that, vintage clothing, jewelry, furniture, and vinyl. :eek:)

24. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I collect old motorcycles. At one point i had over 13 between 1969 and 1974. Kinda been liquidating em for cars though. I still own Kenny Roberts 1972 Yamaha xs650 ( 750 big bore ) Factory race bike.

25. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

I collect old cameras....and i still use them!

26. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

bellybutton lint and eye boogers hahaha

27. tomjac

tomjac

What do I have..let's see..about 70 diecast Muscle Machines, photos & mags of 60s era drag cars (love altered coupes), old cameras & woodworker tools, decoys. Too much stuff.
    Also, I started selling PC parts on Ebay to make some money after quiting my job. In 5 months I was doing $8k a month. Now I sell old stuff I come across just to make a few bucks. If you have anything from the 50s & 60s check Ebay to see what others are getting...you may have a goldmine. When I was off to college (60s) my mother got rid of some of my stuff :( . Last year I happened to see MY toy boat & motor (on Ebay) that I had as a kid...one of the items my mother got rid of. It was still in my hometown...selling price $175.00. A book I bought in 60s for 50 cents Sold for over $80. Again, be very careful about getting rid of stuff...check it out on Ebay first.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  28. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I collect old toy trains mainly but also have some Smith Miller, pre-57 Tonka, Wyandotte & Structo trucks.

Some of the trains:
    1955/6 American Flyer HO set:
    [​IMG]
    Rare 1957 American Flyer HO "Sohio" tank car:
    [​IMG]
    Late 50's Pennline Pennsylvania T-1 Duplex engine:
    [​IMG]
    custom built engines I made to resemble S guage Amer.Flyer pieces in HO:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1964 HESS B mack tanker, you can see the roof to a Tonka Parcel truck below it:
    [​IMG]

Old tools, Craftsman airbrush compressor, prewar:
    [​IMG]

29. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like many others: toy cars - Johnny Lightning, Choro Q, Muscle Machines, TV/movie cars, WRC rally cars. a few other odds and ends.

30. Wrinkles, Grey hair, an old lanterns.