Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard Wagon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rev106, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rev106

rev106

After many excursions to the junk yard I found my little red wagon to be lacking. I could put a tool box in it, but not much else. If I found something then I’d have to lug the tool box and carry the part on the wagon. I’d never seen anyone do this before but I seriously doubt that I’m the first guy to come up with this. I welded a piece of bar stock with some tabs to the wagon and then drilled some holes in the toolbox, thus securing it to the wagon body. The weight from the tools over the front axel keeps it fairly stable as long as they aren’t bunched up on one side. Future plans for a lug wrench holder and some rings for tie-downs are in the mix.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hemifarris

hemifarris

You must spend a lot of time in junk yards........

3. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

I'd use the one in the back of the picture

4. rev106

rev106

Who doesn't?

5. Up to a couple years ago my junk yard wagon was an '89 VW Fox wagon with everything but the drivers seat plled out. I had all my hand tool's, a power inverter to run my electric tools, air tank, jacks just about everything I needed plus room to haul out the parts. Of course I only got to drive it inside the two local yards where they had known me since I was a tadpol. They're both all late model now, oh well.

I see all kinds of crazy get ups in other yards. The coolest was an old Cub Cadet pulling a loaded with tools trailer. I'd never seen that before but I'm going to try it next time I need anything big. Dought they'll let me in with it. I've been using a big wheeled flatbed wagon from (gasp... ) Harbor Freight with my tools, saw, electric impact, hot battery and inverter etc... Seems to work okay but for pulling it up hill.

Cool thread idea. Wish I'd thought of it.

6. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

you need to post some more photos of the wheel barrow cart back there!!

7. rev106

rev106

anyone else got some pics?

8. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I just bungee my box on a off road tire 2 wheeler with an empty milk crate to space it up off the tires. Milk crate is a decent cargo box but also has handles if it's gotta be repositioned or carried because of a large item on the 2 wheeler.

The wagon is cool but I couldn't afford the square footage to store it if the toolbox prevented hanging. Those solid, small diameter tires wouldn't be any fun at a midwestern yard with skidloader ruts either.

Happy yarding!

9. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

yeah really,do you have any more pics of that wheel barrow mini hot rod??!??

you could hook up a 12 hp briggs and stratton on that thing, make a cool header, then all you would need is a grille shell and then you have an instant swapmeet cruiser!

10. Rooster

Rooster

I just backpack it. All the needed tools aren't that heavy. Tiny stuff goes into pockets, small stuff into a cargo net strung across the bottom, bigger stuff straps onto the upper pack frame. I call in a yard car for the heavy stuff.

11. rev106

rev106

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]