Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T I need a really compact 12volt battery for a bike

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutwagonfromhell, Jun 20, 2008.

1. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

ok sorry about my last post about a magneto puller. this stupid company`s customer service is horrible and they keep giving me wrong information about the engine they sold me.
    Ok heres what I have. After having a motorcycle shop look at my bike they said I need a 12volt battery. problem is I have a really small Honda dirt bike built for a 6 volt battery. Theres no possible way to fit a lawn and garden 12 volt battery in my frame or a harley battery.
    Can I run two 6 volt batteries safely on my bike? I have kick start so I dont need to worry about cranking amps. Heres a pic of my bike.
    If you look behind the engine under the seat near the rear shocks you`ll see my battery tray. even if I cut that out I still wouldnt have enough room for a 12 volt. I circled the tray.

Attached Files:

2. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Go check out your local Interstate battery store. They have some pretty small 12v gel cells.

3. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Check with your local bikeshop,
    I know for sure there is a 2,5 Amp 12Volt battery
    81 x 71 x 105 mm, should work for you.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

The JOCKEYJOURNAL is an excellent forum.They're totally about motorcycles....

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

6. i run a radio shack sealed battery on my triumph, they are tiny, and only cost 30 bucks! they have like 3 different sizes, i'm running the smallest one.

7. garcoal

garcoal

just curious why do you want a 12 volt battery that bike was made for a 6volt battery did you redesign something on this i would also try a different bike shop if they arent smart to look up a 30 year old honda battery they arent what i would call reliable also with no air cleaner that thing wont last long are you trying to use this thing on the street that frame was never made to see pavement

8. use one from a snowmobile they are really small.

9. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

that pic is from 3 weeks ago the next day after i bought the bike. I managed to swipe a power wheels 12 volt battery in my garage but dont know which wire is what on this new Lifan engine. It`s the Lifan bog bore 125cc. The engine in that pic was 72cc. I have it setup as a generator style ignition. It only generates 6 volts. Can I boost it by hooking a 6 volt battery into the loop? I have no idea if the coil is positive or negative, same with the engine. The jockey journal didnt seem to have very many people on it, but I`ll give that a try.
    Here`s pics of my new engine.

Attached Files:

10. Go to your local ELECTRONICS supplier, Here we have Altex, and international Electronics, RAd shack might have them too, but just look for the Sealed 12 volt batteries, you can find a ton of them there.. ass loads of different sizes, shapes, and amperages. Good luck, and The Jockey journal kicks ass too :)

11. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Ok I managed to figure out I needed some kind of computer chip for the cdi system. Now I`m over loading Ignition coils. any ideas?