Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went down 4 some Tijuana tuck and roll and was robbed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deville1904, Jun 13, 2008.

1. please post a adress or a e-mail adress ,it would realy helps us

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

Lets not give this guy too much work, then he'll raise his prices!!:D
    Next thing you know we'll have to shell out a $1000-$1100 for full interior..:)

3. damn man , the interior looks fuckin killer!!

4. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Americans can't do that kind of work anymore. Got to go to another country to get decent quality now :)

5. krooser

krooser

I sure hope you're kiddin'...

6. krooser

krooser

$900.00 for the stitching...$2000.00 for gas to get there...dammit!

7. Yeah, stick around here a while and you will see how ignorant that statment is. Better yet, run a search for Skipstitch or Fatlucky.

8. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Boy, what a way to make an intro with a "bang."-- a lame statement that should blow up in your face.

I love Mexico.... that said, the best cars and builders are here, not there or anywhere.... Not sure what state of confusion you're living under....

-scott noteboom

9. WATCH IT!!! That's Grandma's quilt man...

10. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

I got a price of 1500 to do two bench seats the other day. 1500 for the rest same job you got there for 900. looks great

11. WOW! What a stupid statement. Maybe you haven't seen Fatlucky's work. How could you though...you just joined!
    I saw your interior job at Ink-n-Iron,and I will admit that it's really nice,but don't disrespect the hard working Americans,trying to make a living...I know of at least 5 AWESOME Upolstry shops here in the O C alone...

12. chebby

chebby

wtf?!?!

anyway, that interior is tits man. also, are they asking for passports already? too lazy to go get one, i lost my ss card back in uhmm like 99 and never went to go get a copy. haha lazy people rule.

13. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

We used to take our jalopies down there for a quicky [upholstery], you know, them old duece 2 drs , 3 windows ,pheatons etc. Didnt have the bucks for the shops in town. Also a trip to the 'blue fox'.

14. This is vinyl, right? Looks good. And again, my compliments to your hat sir.

15. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Obviously Fatlucky was outbid by a foreign company.

16. So long Max.....................

17. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

so how far from this shop is the Donkey Show??

18. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

the donkey show was phased out in the sixty's I was there no more honk alley either A few unfortunate incidents will probably make me stay away from there nowon too
    Ken

19. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Hey MAD MAX
    FUCK YOU ,
    with that attitude ,no wonder your MAD!
    Their lots of folks that can do as good or better asswipe!

20. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Comparing fatlucky to TJ is an insult! You get what you pay for.

21. bbtrux

bbtrux

back off boys.i think all max here is trying to say is something that is painfully obvious.sure there are people doing great upholstery here.they also want 4 grand to get out of bed.i think it was a commentary on american work ethic,not talent.might be hard to stomach,but hes closer to right than any of you will admit.maybe you should read something twice and think on it before you run off a newbie.sure lots of us do great work and are hard at it,but its not the majority in this country anymore.yes,it saddens me too.

lucky likes this.
  22. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Quality is not only skin deep when it comes to upholstery. Replacement foam that will last and spring repair/replacement is not cheap. I would like to see a local upholstery shop chime in before we run the american work ethic down. Have you checked what shop rent is in orange County lately? Taxes, workmen's compensation? OSHA compliance? If I turned my back on the local craftsman it would be my dirty little secret. Not something I would brag about, especially in these tough times for american businesses. Congratulations you saved a buck.

23. JaBoney

JaBoney

Its all about economics and the value of your currency, which is the greenback. Its still pretty strong compared to the Peso, but lately not too good against the Euro. Try to get an interior job like that done in Europe for $900, which is like the cost of a sandwich.

24. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

...and that the truth - finally, someone said it.

25. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

bbtrux................the FNG need to listen more and maybe learn a little before they make comments like the one he posted....I got my interior done a lot cheaper than 4 grand ,because maybe I shopped around ,did a little of the grunt work myself and reinstalled it myself......I can't wait for someone else to get out of bed!

26. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

One of the best things my father gave me is a strong work ethic.
    Read it again "bbtrux" it's pretty clear to me.

Last time I checked Texas (Fat Lucky’s Upholstery) was in AMERICA...
    and the quality is way beyond decent.

IMO you compared Fat Lucky’s Upholstery to TJ with that statement above....

I'm sure their are a lot of young stitchers in the states that would to this for the same price, just to get there name out there. But for $900 you will not get the quality that comes along with a well known American upholstery shop.

Mad~Max go eat a BAG of DICKS

Now lets get back on topic...
    I think "Deville1904" did very well for $900.
    got himself a very good looking Tijuana tuck and roll yob.

27. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

28. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I think Mad Max was being sarcastic. No way in hell some one would seriously say you would have to leave the good ole USA to find quality work.

29. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

hey here in ca. we gots lotsa quality workers! but sometimes i see them in TJ. The feds dont like to talk about it.

30. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Looks good for 900 bucks and a day.

Ok, so Whos next to take there car down there for a TJ paint job:)?