Register now to get rid of these ads!

GMBs attending the Gratiot cruise this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

It ain't the HUGE Woodward Dream Cruise or anything, but this Saturday they're having the annual Gratiot Cruise in Detroit (really more like Eastpointe, Roseville, Mt Clemns, etc). They've been moving bleachers and porta-potties into the center median on Gratiot the past couple days...looks like they're gearing up for a big turnout!

Any HAMBers who may be headed to the cruise can stop off at my place to rest, park or have a beer or three! JJ and Lynn's "Stone Soup" Camaro is supposed to be on display at Merollis Chevrolet, which seems to be right in the center of all the planned activity. I live less than two blocks from there (in Eastpointe).

Plenty of food & drink stops nearby, too...Buscemi's for that famous "East Side" pizza, subs, snacks and beer, McGee's Pub for a few cold ones, Big Boy and other restaurants for "sit-down" food, too!

If it ain't rainin' or anything, and ya got nuthin' ta do on Saturday, give a shout and stop by the cruise!

313-655-4388 ya know! Come park at my place, or hang out...fix your car in the garage or whatever!

:):cool:

2. I'll be there!!

Jus' kidding, no I won't, but I'll be there in spirit.

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Then you won't mind if I drink your half of the beer and eat your chips?!:cool:

(Ha Ha...the Better Made plant and factory store is just down Gratiot...by City Airport...we can maybe book a tour next time you're in town?!)

Hmmm...should I throw up "the picture"??!! ;):D

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I went last year and had a really nice time. You can read about it here.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191457&showall=1

This year, on Saturday, I am heading to the Oldsmobile Homecoming in Lansing. I haven't been since their 100th anniversary in 1997. Even though there will be alot of stockers, I'm kinda looking forward to a "different" kinda event.

On Sunday is the Eyes on Design concourse event at the Edsel Ford Estate.

5. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Cool link with good pics as usual. Slim's Hot Rod Shop is right around the corner and they always have something of interest going on. If the weather ain't bad, this oughtta be a pretty cool event again this year!!

6. I seem to always miss this. What time is a good time to head down? Is there still an admission fee? I don't really care, just want to be prepared. I might have some time during the day so I might head down and check it out finally.

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

No admission for the cruise as far as I know...it's in Eastpointe on Gratiot between 8 mile and 10 mile. Lots of businesses along that strip...places to eat, drink, etc. Eastpointe is a small city but in a pretty good location! Come on down!

:cool:

8. Bettermaid no longer has ordering chip online... Tell Bry that I'm still eating off that bag of BBQ he left me, it's in the frige in the barn. I wonder if I'll die from eating year old chips?

9. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

http://bmchips.com/

Their carmel corn and beer is the breakfast of champions.
    http://bmchips.com/June-Special-Popcorn.aspx

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers