Register now to get rid of these ads!

trying to figure out how to delete this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reichart90, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reichart90

reichart90

i'm deleting this thread.. too many butt hurt people

if i could only figure out how to delete it...

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Huh...I wonder why recaps are against the law for passenger cars here in Michigan?

3. Maybe wait more than 1/2 day after contacting a supplier before shooting off your mouth on the Net?

4. That is why they are called recaps.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Are those things supposed to be run on the highway? I haven't raced in years but the last time I did a slick was NOT for highway use. I'd continue to try and iron out the problem with Hurst instead of coming on here and venting before a forum of this size. That's what you do when you've EXHAUSED all other avenues.

Frank

6. I agree, at least give the guy a chance to make it right!!

7. casper

casper

I have had a pair of Hurst slicks on my 32 coupe for several years without any problems. I am very happy with the way they ride and look. Perhaps you might have waited more than one day for Cody to respond back to you before posting a thread with that particular title. I'm sure they will try their best to make it right for you. It sucks when a person has tire problems and I know it can be very frustrating, so I can feel your side of the problem also. Good luck.

8. reichart90

reichart90

i considered deleting this post. but nahhh, just thought id save someones car... or their life

9. reichart90

reichart90

i know what else i was going to type in... reaching up inside between the retread and the OLD tire.. the glue came off on my hand... scary!

10. Tony

Tony

Not for nothin', sometime's there's a bad apple in the batch. That dosn't mean the're all bad.
    Unfortunately you have a bad one, and honestly i'm glad you did find it before something bad happened to you, your ride or someone else.
    I've seen the tire's first hand and i do love the look's, but personally would not run a recap anymore no matter what.
    I used to sell them (recaps, not these) at the shop i work at and have seen to many vulcanizing problems years ago.
    I'm sure Hurst/Cody will get back to you.
    From what i've read he's a stand up business man.

Best of luck.

11. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

those tires are probably not speed rated either, and how many times have we seen 18 wheeler recaps laying in the middle of the interstate on our travels. recaps are prone to come apart that is just the nature of the design , and im sure your tires were not meant to be driven for long periods on the hwy. just look at it like its just one of those things and buck up little camper.

12. huh.

I know that there was a thread in the last couple of days about Cody being broken down in a Walmart parking lot in California. I'm sure he'll get back to you if you give him more than 1/2 a day response time.

13. As with many products, there are a percentage of failures. Give Cody a chance to make it right and investigate the problem, even brand new non-recapped tires can have occasional problems and defects.

14. F&J

F&J

The ad on the auction site said 'not for road use' IIRC.

There are 2 types of separations with recapping; one is cap sep, and the other is cord sep. Looks like you have cap separation, not cord sep, so it's not due to a junk tire casing. Give them a chance to sort it out. There IS a given amount of cap failures in the trade, just like a given amount of tires popping on landing a jetplane.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, there are blems in brand new tires too. Shit happens, Cody is the real deal and will take care of it I'm sure.

16. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

WOW, maybe you need to learn more about what it is that you are buying, they are RETREADS that means a used tire with new tread on it and you should know that this is a possibility since 18 wheelers blow retreads all day long. Why wouldn't you give Cody a chance before you just jump on here and rip into someone's business like that, I am sure even Cody would tell you that this could happen with a retread and he probably would have done everything he could to make it right with you but now that you went the way of the dickwad I would consider myself lucky if he called you back. This could even be an isolated problem that every manufacturer runs into every once in awhile, but the real measure of a Quality company is in how they handle the situation, and the same goes for the customer.

17. Badfella

Badfella

I've used the Radir M/T slicks and they were awesome. I guess they are the only ones available that are not recapped. Radirwheelsguy (sp?) is a Hamb'r.

18. I've studied pics of your beautiful 55, and have come to the conclusion it's your car that's a little "hard" on tires;). I, however, am still willing to make an offer on that same car:D

19. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

freedom of speech...

20. Oh yeah, I've got 3 sets with good results (so far). I think you were right to share your experience with us, and let us think what we want to think. BUT, ya shouldn't have flamed them. IMO

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Has anyone else noticed that it was a Goodyear Wrangler that had been recapped?
    With a tire like that,there's no telling how much abuse it received from new to being replaced.
    Was it on a "Rock-Crawler" or driven 'til it was a Maypop?

I know you save money with recaps,but when it comes to tires,sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and spend the extra money for NEW ones.

22. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

edit delet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.