Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from Phuket

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by full house Mouse, Jun 5, 2008.

1. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Hi fellow Hot Rodders its nice to be able to talk to other people who know about the same thing. Over here in Thailand there are a few guys to talk too but not many most of the people who know about Rods are either from back home or Europe. I brought my 23-T over here about 13 years ago and have driven around Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore a lot. We get a lot of rain here in the tropics so driving a open car with no fenders you get wet wet wet and at slow speeds the big back tires throw the water in like standing in a your shower except you get water and sand and dirt together. Anyways I love the experience and wouldn't give it up for love or money. I have though of going all the way around the world in my T-Bucket and might some day. It would be a real trip. Cheers every one.

2. skyrodder

skyrodder

3. chuxx

chuxx

Phuket! I was there on shore leave back in 90. Great place, nice beaches, and great bars. I think I got some bahts left over......Welcome!

4. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

I remember the 1st shore leave of the US Navy there were only a few of us guys here in those days we threw a party on the beach that lasted 2 days. For years I used to go down to Pattong Beach and meet the Navy when they were in town and do burns out for them as I am ex Canadian Navy and US Marine volunteer during Viet Nam war

5. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Thanks Sky rodder I appreciate it if you ever come to Thailand send me an e-mail and i will show you around

6. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Thanks man if you ever get over this way again let me know and we will party and cruise in my T- Bucket

7. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Pardon my bad spelling guys I don't type very well as I am a motor head not a secretary

8. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

This an open Invitation to all members of H.A.M.B. if your ever in Phuket let me know and I will show you the time of your life as I know all the bars and girls as I sing R&R in them

9. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Many Hot Rodders from all over the world have seen me cruising in my T- Bucket the full house Mouse and man we have had some great partying together. In fact many of the guys have married the girls I introduced them too and after many years are still together.

10. LabRat

LabRat

Welcome aboard , and thanks for the invite !

11. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Welcome to the HAMB, I went to Phi Phi Island almost 2 years ago, Thailand is an awesome place.

T-Bucket sounds good and reliable, get some pictures up!

12. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Thanks LabRat hope to see you in Thailand I do all my own building and some times I really have to modify parts that I bought in the States and Canada years ago as they are worn out so I modify Jap and Thai parts to fit in parts from back home as no old parts available over here and shipping and customs are rip offs.

13. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Hi Nekronomicon, well to be honest the T-Bucket was reliable at home driving short distances but over here in Asia driving through many countries and thousands of kilometers in all sorts of conditions I really sorted the car out, I found out which parts were good and which weren't. Example my tube front axle broke while racing some Thai bad boys on dirt back roads and hitting pots holes at 80 to 100 MPH high speeds so i had to weld ribbing on it and plates to reinforce it.

I used a press in a machine shop and a protractor to get the right degrees of bend as the guys had never seen any car like this when I drove up with one wheel pointing way off to the side the guys in this little country machine shop were amazed at the car.

I always carry my tools and soon had the front end stripped down to the amazement of the locals who had never seen a white boy work and get his hands dirty. Then I used the guys press and a protractor to bend it back into shape and then welded plates and ribbing on to it so it wouldn't happen again. Then I tore it down and chrome plated it later when I got home.

Another time I had a nail in my tire and it ruined the Mickey Thompson tire some guys who tried to hot wire my car in Penang Malaysia left me with a parting gift after I caught them fucking with my ride and they came back later and put a large roofing nail in my rear tire and I didn't find it till the tire was really damaged and i was way out in the country were there was no help .

I carry no spare and the passengers seat has only room for my full tool box as when its dies over here no one can fix it except me. So I limped in to Had Yai Thailand with a huge bubble on my tire. Then I had a buddy ship by bus two spare tires I kept at home in Phuket to me in Had Yai but the tire shop broke the bead on both tires while mounting them. I think they were trying to scam me and sell me two new tires. So I put on the damaged Mickey Thompson tire back on myself using there tire machine as I didn't trust them any more and limped back to Phuket at 30 MPH.

Now listen don't get the wrong idea I'm a Gypsy at heart and have traveled all around the world in Bad Ass Cars for the most part people are really good to me #1 but the odd time I run into the odd bad egg.

Yah I will get some pictures up but some have some very beautiful bars girls hanging out on the car in scanty clothes and crazy guys from all over the world who I have run into on the road. Remember I ain't no saint I play Rock and Roll and hang out in bars and build cars, but I have a bunch of kids( 4 daughters all ages ) I adopted who absolutely love me no joke as I have a big heart for others as I lost my family as a kid myself in Canada and lot of people have been good to me in life, so what goes around comes around right thus I have many kids who help me and I help them.

So back to your original question the T-Bucket is getting reliable but its has taken a lot of work as time goes by to sort it out I will tell more crazy stories I had with the car on this site as time goes by. Cheers fellow Motor Heads

14. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Heh skyrodder you of Mexican descent. You might enjoy this true story one of my nick names when I lived in the Bay Area, San Francisco area was," Snow Back", among the latino's population as i told a story one time when I was singing music to a Mexican audience in a Hall in San Francisco about how I got into America.

I said you guys here in this hall they call, "Wet Backs", because they say you swam up the Rio Grande so they call you," Wet Backs". Well I'm from Canada and you know when you look at a map how Canada is on above America on a map.

So all we do is lie on our backs in winter when there is snow on the ground and slide across the border. The hall went wild from then on every body called me," Snow Back".

Thus the nick name Snow Back in Latino areas