Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st day of show-BUDD II makes it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenD, May 27, 2008.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yeah I know Ben is going to kill me for posting, but I wanted to thank him for all the great work he did to get the family car, BUDD II going. Now you may ask why BUDD II, 2 because the first one was sold to get his shop built, and BUDD for Big Ugly Damn (DeLozier) Dodge (either Bob or Atch came up with the name I think). Come on everybody tell Ben how good he did.

Oh, by the way, we couldn't have done it without the Tech line, FLatTop Bob, Mike )(Visor), the guys at Rebel wiring, Dave in Washington, MO, and Harv, oh and the guys at our local repair shop for the occasional drove it down and this is what it's doing questions.

My husband besides being a great car hauler is a fantastic chassis builder, and can adapt or refab anything to work. He's also a great guy, father, and I think I picked good for lots of reasons not to be discussed on this board. OK, that's all the mushy stuff I'll do, now let those with a man crush chime in. :confused:
    Wife and Secretary,
    MissyD

Now let's see if I can post pics successfully.

[​IMG]">
    [​IMG]">
    [​IMG]">
    [​IMG]">
    Thanks again BenD,
    MissyD
    (wife and secretary)

2. plan9

plan9

ben was saying something about "getting my wifes car going or she'll be pissed" haha..

good job!

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

A-PLUS for mr. delozier

4. Kustm52

Kustm52

Congrats on getting BUDDD back on the road.. That thing is big enough to put a hitch on and pull a trailer with it!

Brian

5. Ben ya done good,,,I like the BUDD,,,in fact ..next time I see ya I'll buy ya BUD to drink in the BUDD,,,:D HRP

6. WOW! Big change since the last time I saw BUDD :cool:
    but....where's the roof rack?:confused: I thought....:confused: ahh,nevermind

Good job, meester DeLozier. ;)

7. Kustm52

Kustm52

You know, he should put a roof rack on it.. and paint "Freddy Fleet and his band with the Beat" on the side..

Or just put "T and A" Transport on the side, and use it as a tax deduction for advertising..!

Brian

8. Good to see it's finally driving.

Where are the Orange wheels???

9. beatnik

beatnik

Glad to hear it's on the road.

Nice fuel pump! :D

Gus

10. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yeah, I know, I hate bias plys, but Ben wanted to leave them on the first day because of the wheels and trim rings. I asked him to put the orange ones on, which he did Sat. morning, but we didn't get pics, I took 2 while in the garage, but Ben said nope he'll get it out, and I can get some good pics.

I like the orange better, too.

Roof rack- yeah it's still in the box, but it should be on once the sedan is done, and Ben feels better about drilling into the premium headliner.

11. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Remember I have to drive this to work daily in August, so no T and A, or I would have to explain it, and I don't teach sex education in 4th grade.:) It could get me arrested.:eek:

Missy

12. Rusty

Rusty

Congrats alot. Looks like Ben has been real busy

Rusty

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

14. Kustm52

Kustm52

Didn't know you were driving it to school:rolleyes:. guess you could do tanda transport, and tell them you specialize in hauling a rare breed of bears called "tandas"...

That was pretty bad, wasn't it?:rolleyes: It's just what I think of every email I get from "tanda transport"...

Brian

15. atch

atch

ben - good job bud (ha ha ha; pun intended). another success.

missy - hope the dodge works out for a daily as well as anticipated. i got to sit in the back seat after supper saturday night. man, that thing's huuuge. you don't need a camper to go on vacation. all 4 of you can sleep in that seat.

16. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I don't get email from tanda transport...

Now I see how I rate...

17. kisam

kisam

MissyD,
    That's a whole new meaning to the term "Honey Do". Great job and congrats! And I agree, you married a good one and you both have raised a fine son!
    Kathy

18. JustDave

JustDave

Nice to see it's all back together and driving. Those lines are way to pretty for that car.:D It was a pleasure to help get it going. I hope you guys have a bunch of fun with it. Dave

19. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Now with Orange radials and some close ups of the cool car covers from the same year as the car.

Missy D

[​IMG]">[​IMG]
    Bill Lee stripes (so cool)- his real job is nuclear plant security.
    [​IMG]
    NOS Seat covers[​IMG]

20. jerry

jerry

Is that a 47?

Just did one for a lady friend. She calls it the "47 Doll" and has personalized plates. Left it at stock height but did a slant 6 auto. Ice pearl blue paint.
    She loves it!

Still want to lower the front a bit. Not too many of the old dodges around.

Looking fantastic Missy~

jerry

21. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

It's a 46, the other one I had was a 48, and they are almost identical.

Thanks,
    Missy