Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Funny thing about the Uncertain T it has always been my favorite car. I have been telling all the guys for years at work that I was going to build a clone, but they never saw a pic of the car. Well the other day at the magazine store while drooling over the Mondello Fiat on the cover of Rodders Journal I later spot a full color shot of the UT inside. Well I forked out $15 for the mag and finally showed the guys at work this car I have been talking about all these years. They all told me I wouldn't build it. I got really mad and said '' I can build it ". The reply was ''Yes you can build it but you won't, you just got to many damm projects now you won't finish ''. So the Uncertain T project is first on my list. I told the guys I got Elvis to help me. The reply " Your on Meth". Anyone know where I can find a Hilborn Inj. for a nailhead PM me

2. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

So where did this pic come from and do you have any more?

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That is a VERY cool pic!!

5. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

this is from a nother post by tom, he might have many photo's and stories:D<TABLE class=tborder id=post2856100 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2856100 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid">As an enthusuiastic 14 year old custom fanatic in the 50's, I started doing pinstriping for spare change. When I moved to the big city, I went downtown to show my model car customs at Daryl Starbird's show (Kansas City 1960). Ed Roth had just arrived with the Outlaw. He was by himself, so I offered to help him unload it. He liked my models and actually let me set up my card table display inside the ropes with the Outlaw! I watched him paint shirts and fetched him hot dogs all weekend. He showed me how to paint shirts and by the time he came back to town the next year with the Beatnik Bandit for Ray Farhner's show, I was his friendly competition.

I airbrushed at the shows for decades, but for the past twelve years, I have had airbrush stores in a couple of the malls here in Phoenix. I love to do airbrush car portraits and create freaky customs using Photoshop. I will post some of these as I figure out how to do it.
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid" width=150><HR style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(hamb/misc/dl.gif); BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none">[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

No, that's the only photo I have of it.

I was friends with builder and car show promoter Ray Farhner in Kansas City. He leased it from Steve in the spring of '67 to use as a feature attraction in his shows for a year. I agreed to bring it it back to KC for Ray and I picked it up at Steve's house in Reseda. This was taken in KC as we unloaded it from the trailer and is just outside the shop where Ray was building his "Boothill Express" at the time.

The trailer was this horrible, crude plywood contraption that was nailed together with the roof the same angle as the car's roof and was painted this nasty dark greenish brown color onto which Steve had spraycanned the words "Shake well before using" on the side. I'm not sure how it got back to LA after the year was up.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Well IF Elviis58 was tellin the truth before everybody ran him off 2008 might be the Year of the Uncertian T return.........anybody have a inside at rod&custom??? "Show Rods Rule!"

8. yekoms

yekoms

Tom, Thanks for the picture...
    Smokey

9. LOOK inside the T...are those uncertian T model car kits?????:eek:

10. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

8 X 10 color photos they sold at the shows. This was before the kit.

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

He ran himself off for being an ass. When somebody asks him an honest question (me) and he gives an asshole awnser in a pm that has to do with his ego and not the question, then blocks that person from replying to that pm. I think he should be run off.

12. cant completely disagree with ya........still wonder if there was ANY truth to what he was saying:rolleyes:

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Too much drama for me.

14. hey Tom one thing you will find is a lotta of ideas ,but when it really comes down to it these guys here will go to the wall for ya........seen it happen time & time again...........again cant wait to meet ya,and get a shirt done

15. yekoms

yekoms

They are the model kits. I got my model box out to get a better look at it has a 1966 date on it. On the passenger side seat you can see the Monogram emblem on the side of the box.
    Hey Tom, Any more pics of other cars? They don't have to be famous cars.
    Thanks again for the pic and your post...
    Smokey

16. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

17. he got what he deserved IMO , he did the PM thing with me as well and i didnt even really have a dog in that hunt ...

tom excellent pic man , thats something you dont see everyday..i always loved the car myself and never seen the car in person but i seen pics of the car a lot as a kid ,thanks for posting it..

18. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Man, look at the first entry. I started this post in MAY OF 05!
    It keeps coming back up like a bad penny. Every time it re-surfaces I look to see if there's any new information or sightings of the car. If you have time, read through all the posts. There are so many stories this car could be categorized as urban legend. !

19. yekoms

yekoms

Thanks Chaz,
    Uncertain T is the first search that I did when I joined the HAMB. It would be so cool for Steve Scott to show up and straighten this whole "area51" type thing up. Every time I read this thread I wonder if Steve or George is readin' it too. I kind of think that the car is buried in the outfield of some ballpark or some grassy knoll.
    Smokey

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I found a couple more photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. Tom you the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. mikes51

mikes51

Tom, those are awesome, thanks for posting. I can see the "trailer" in the second pic. Wow, that is pretty gross.

How do we set the time machine back to 1967!!!!

23. wow! thanks for the pics tom..

24. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

My favorite hot rod of all time.

25. hey everyone, just re-turned from a trip to naples florida, 5 weeks of sun. sitting at a bar reading old autos newspaper , a guy walks by and said ... like old hot rods i see. hours later the uncertain t came up. at 18 yrs old rod larson a classmate of steve scott drew it. built in his parents garage self taught everything. 386 buick nailhead vintage 1956 w-1963 buick heads and homemade weedburner side pipes. during the1965 march meet inbakersfield, the car went down the 1320 1-4 mile with don garlits in the passenger seat. this car was driven,1967 thecars junior conway sprayed metalic orange was sprayed gold metalflake. in 1967-68 he advertised it for sale, reads...uncertain t sweepstakes show cpe. flake, much chrome 7.000. eng for 650.00 s. scott .... werner hollywood calif.. but car never sold and went in scotts garage thought 2 be gone. now as i have been told it is going back to its 1965 condition. be nice for a new genration see it in person at a show or cruise nite. hope this is recent after a search ended awhile ago, take care, dermott.

26. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

And,,,the drama continues

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

all I can say is he sure picked a good name for it.

28. one of mine also. I can't say the favorite because I'm fickle and it changes from one day to the next. :eek:

One thing I can say with utter certainty this is now 2011 and the finished redone car has yet to surface. Imagine that.

The truth is that it is in my garage and Steve is in there living on bread and water until it is done. I did give him coolaid on X-mas. :rolleyes:

If I was a more dedicated man I would snag a model and recreate it for my wife she always loved that car as well.

29. badshifter

badshifter

I'm building a clone of it with woodie sides. Calling it the Uncertain Tree.