Register now to get rid of these ads!

Huntington Beach Rods and Woodies show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xl1ken, May 31, 2008.

1. xl1ken

xl1ken

Held Saturday May 31, 2008 at Huntington Beach Central Park / Library grounds. Tomorrow Sunday is the Concours d'elegance. I will be shooting that show as well.

Album here, over 300 photos

http://www.pbase.com/xl1ken/hbrw81

Looks like at least on MAMB'r was there:

[​IMG]

2. Streetrod
    Streetrod
    Marco
    Streetrod
    Musclecar
    Streetrod BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

I see you still haven't realized what this Forum is about...Why don't you sort through the CRAP,and just post the HAMB friendly cars???

3. xl1ken

xl1ken

Just the ones YOU are interested in or are you the spokesman for so many others that enjoy some of these cars?

Let's see, the one I actually posted (HAMB tag) is actually a HAMB'r. Sorry, I refuse to break up the albums into just the cars YOU are interested in. If you don't wish to view my albums then do us all a favor and do not go there.

I could also not post any photos here in the future if that is what you want. Capiche?

Ken Leonard
    Classic car photographer (HAMB friendly or not)

4. xl1ken

xl1ken

Bob, would the following three cars be HAMB friendly or not? They happen to be in the album I posted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. John Denich

John Denich

I went to this show last year....and it sucked a big bowl of dick!!!! I actually had a dickweed ask me if the paint on my KUSTOM 51 Chevy was original WTF???? but it all made sense when he got in his glass 37 3 window with budnik wheels and ugly paint!!! Ken I really enjoy some of your photos but you have to admit the 4wd Rolls Royce WTF!!! We are a picky bunch!!!!

6. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Ken don't let anyone rain on your parade. We're all car guys here and our world would be very dull if we all liked and did the same things with our cars. I appraciate all forms and always like seeing different things in our projects. So please, keep posting.

7. You think it's just me? Take a poll! I bet you 75% of the guys on the HAMB don't want to browse through 250 or so pic's to see about 10-20 cars that they would stop to look at if they went to that show. I'm not saying you take bad pic's,just that it's a waste of time to even go to your folder. Maybe the title should have said "H B Streetrod and Woodie show Pic's"...that way I wouldn't have even looked at your thread.

8. Of course! But I was done by the 6th or 7th pic...
    I took pic's of those cars at another show,cause I ONLY take pic's of HAMB style cars when I go to shows. Unless there is something that the guys will get a laugh out of,LOL!!!!
    I'm just saying,if you cared more about the guys on the HAMB and not YOUR pic's you take.

9. That's funny! VW's and Toyotas are cars too...but you don't see anybody posting them on here! Bad logic....

10. It's like one of your buddies takes you to this bar that he say is "FULL OF CHICKS",but there's only two cute ones there,HA HA HA!!!!
    NO THANKS....

11. xl1ken

xl1ken

Have another beer Bob :)

Actually this was a very small show with only about 130 cars. Also there were only about 3 woodies there. I personally enjoyed the 4WD Rolls. Great improvement over the original :)

So others will not have to look through the album:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. xl1ken

xl1ken

Bob, after 2:00 AM they all look alike...

Have another beer Bob. I quit alcohol about 30 years ago and am very proud of it. Maybe that is the reason I don't just include HAMB style cars :)

13. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Thread locked in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Ok, the 36 is the only thing good. And the Rolls? Seriously, I know we live in a digital age, but why waste space on a memory card on the Rolls? Unless the Fonz gets photoshopped driving it . . .

Attached Files:

14. I don't drink,but thanks for the thought,LOL!!!
    Didn't Jaime Farr drive that Rolls in Cannonball Run? HA HA HA!!!
    BTW,the buddy and bar story was just hypothetical! emphasis on "pathetic",LOL!!!!

15. COME ON Rusty!!! Let it breathe.......

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...both you guys take a chill pill...

Bob, I love you man, but give Ken a break...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Hey,just funnin...No bad thoughts here! I'm sure he knows that.

18. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

I'm a couple miles from there and would still rather stay home and watch the dry wall mud set up.
    My neighbor said I should bring my FED there..... "They would probably make a spot for me on the asphalt" LOL I told him it couldn't be more out of place. Some people just don't get it.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

let me explain how this works, you cruise through the thumbnails and click on what looks good to you and pass on the rest.

I see lots of links with thumbnails of HAMB type shows like viva and such that I don't bother to click on ANYTHING because the pics all SUCK and half of them are thier friends barfing and ass grabbing.

these are good pics. click the ones you like. leave the rest and quit being such a bitch.

20. Did I say they were BAD pic's? NO! I just said they don't belong here....but I am a BITCH, LOL!!!!

21. John Denich

John Denich

No Bob your not a bitch your a Biatch LOL are you sure you dont want to go to Pomona???? I can pay you for the shirts there!!!

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...meanwhile back at the ranch, Tonto( not knowing the Lone Ranger was disguised as a pool table), racked his balls...

...back to the show...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. and now for something completely different....a man with three buttocks, LOL!!!!

24. 29paul

29paul

This pic was the one I liked the best:D [​IMG] Stuffed animals in cars is the best!

25. alaskanroadzombies

alaskanroadzombies

Man i think that rolls is awesome. if it were in alaska it would have dc6 tires, tire chains, and an old suction dredge in the trunk. but hey got give the guy credit for daring to be different. thoughts that was what the hamb was about being different.

26. Think again...read the rules dude...

27. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hey Boys, I went to this show, It was a beautiful day and I wanted to run the Cadi down the coast (after Santa Maria driving down the coast was all I could think about) plus I wanted to hang out with Marco. Yeah there was not to many HAMB friendly cars there, I just ignore them and walk past no big deal, I did tell Marco that I liked the Rolls better than his car (we had a good laugh). The main thing is I had a nice day with a friend.
    60'

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

28. Again he posted the link, as others have said don't look at the ones you have no interest in. Me I race desert and I think the RR would be a kick to bring out as a pit car. As roddney said " can't we all just get along":)

PS if that RR had a Cummins in it that would cinch it!

29. duste01

duste01

Hey R.R.R. whats wrong with being retarded? Some of us resemble that remark, especially my down-syndrome boy.

30. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Nothing is wrong with being retarded. I'm not trying to make fun of or pick on anyone. Actually, my nephew is autistic, and I've got about 20 special ed students that I teach, so I'm not trying to be mean. I'm sorry if you took offense to that image.

Matt