Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Else Into Old Jukeboxs

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by stewedscrewdtattood, May 27, 2008.

1. Elrod

Elrod

I've got a 1941 Wurlitzer 780E that I restored as a teenager.

[​IMG]

Chebby belair likes this.
  2. texdesoto

texdesoto

The '48 Seeburg is one of the coolest ever.

3. uncle buck

uncle buck

I gots me a 1426 Rock-ola

4. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Heres mine 54 AMI. Works like a champ. Has never failed me and sounds great. People I got it from got it for free when they bought their new house. The old owners did not want to move it. I drove 5 hours to get it. It was well worth it. thesneakytiki

[​IMG]

5. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Since you guys are talking about old jukeboxes. Can anybody tell me what year/style this jukebox is? It belonged to my girlfriend's dad who passed away a few years ago and now resides in her mom's house. Obviously its a Wurlitzer but I've never done any research to determine year, etc. Thanks!

[​IMG]

6. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I've been buying, selling and , mainly, restoring Wurlitzer jukeboxes. At one time, I had 26 of them in my rec room. Now I'm just down to these three. First one is a 1946 Wurlitzer 1015, commonly called the Bubbler. I've owned it since 1977. Next is my 1941 Wurlitzer model 850. The birds feathers change color as polarizing discs rotate behind them. Pretty amazing use for polarized sheet. The last one is a brand new recreation of a very rare Wurlitzer model 950. This one plays cd's and has a 900 watt sound system. Made by Rock-Ola. I have it almost filled with cd's I burned of stuff I found on the internet. Mostly rockabilly since I've been into that since the 70's. I have it for sale, though.
    I'm still restoring them but starting to wind down from it being a full-time job. I have about 5 more to do. Jukeboxes are great fun to have in a home. Everybody should have one or two:D Just ask ScarryLarry, he'll tell ya'. Mike

Attached Files:

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I want one..I think they are super cool

8. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

My neighbor restores old juke boxes. I do a little of the paint work on some of the parts for him. he has a couple of 1015's, Seeburgs, Wurlitzers but the coolest one he ever had was a Filben. That thing looked like something right out of Buck Rogers.

9. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

i've got a 64 rockola grand prix II

10. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

If you are ever in St Louis, you have to go to the Loop on Delmar to a little restaraunt called "Blueberry Hill". They have some of best looking Wurlitzer jukeboxes (they have a bubbler too) and other memorabilia you will find. Highly recommended!

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

OMG! I remember the "Whirly Bird" it was at the air port! Damn did i love that maching. The pictures just brought back so many memories.

Leon

12. Mopar34

Mopar34

Punkabilly1306 wrote:

Although we have never met, Scarrylarry lives about 10 miles up the road from me. Sounds like I need to get in touch.:D
    <!-- / message -->

13. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Is it just me but doesn't the one on the left look like R2D2??

14. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

The best there is, the 1954 Seeburg HF100R. I got mine about 10 years ago. :D

Pete

Attached Files:

Chebby belair likes this.
  15. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That was the first jukebox I found and bought. That was 1976 while I was hunting for old records. Bought it for $100 and the guy delivered it to me. Had it working in a week. I agree, the model R is the best one Seeburg ever did. Mike

16. Nope, not just you, that was one of the nicknames for it.:)

17. flynstone

flynstone

bought this one from a freind who clms it worked when it went into storage 25 years ago,one day i will try to restore it ,,all the plastic is pepoped now so that is good ................

Attached Files:

18. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's Mine.....1954 Seeburg C. My dad picked it up about 15 years ago. I restored it a couple of years ago. Plays like a champ!!
    -J

Attached Files:

19. IGOR

IGOR

I've got a '55 AMI G-120. Original condition and works great. Got cool worn out marks on the corners where people have been leaning on it tryin' to figure out what they wanna hear.

20. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I would suggest you step up and buy the plastics while you still can. The parts dealers are running out of some inventory and the parts will likely not be made again. The demand isn't there anymore. If you think you may want something, better buy now. Mike

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That looks great. I've restored a bunch of those cabinets by veneering them with red oak. They look great with that wood on them. Mike

22. raffman

raffman

Here's my customized Wurlitzer 2900

[​IMG]

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Well now, that's something different and it looks pretty cool. Nice job. I really like the surround you have on the neon clock. Any more pics of it and tell me more about it. Very deco looking, for sure. Mike

24. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

My first shot at this but here goes. A guy I grew up with repairs old jukeboxes. Here is his site. Ohioseeburgerrepair.com . Give him a shout

25. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mike! I was working for a custom wood shop at the time. So we had the extra veneer laying around. Can't see in the pic, but the sides are a clear-finish Anigre.

26. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

I have a Rock-Ola, M-1 30 cal.carbine.WW2 issue...

27. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Okay I am back again with a corrected spelling for a site.The site is OHIOSEEBURGERREPAIRdotcom

28. Here are two jukes that reside in my garage, The Hot Rod Grille. The one in the corner is a Wurlitzer 1015-OMT "bubbler". The one near the soda fountain is a 1955 Wurlitzer Model 1800. Both have remote selector "wall boxes" on the soda fountain counter. It's fun to drop a dime in the wallbox, choose a song and see the jukebox come to life across the room! I've also got the 1955 Seeburg V-200 that was in my grandfather's "taxi stand" in a local diner in the lae 50's. As a small child, I used to press the buttons to cause the title drum to rotate. It's going to get a total restoration when I retire next year.

Attached Files:

29. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Don't have one yet but I worked just around the conrer from the Wurlizter plant.
    I was ordering some parts from Pete and jakes at the time and had it shipped to the work adress, the owner Jerry I believe his name is, knew right where I was at based on his knowledge of the jukeboxes. The had a great art deco type sign I used to see everyday...

30. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

amazing garage im stunned