Register now to get rid of these ads!

my wheel kinda fell off!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LayinLowPentstar, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LayinLowPentstar

LayinLowPentstar

i was happyly drivin my 52 plymouth down the road today and the rear end suddendly started shaking so i slowed down real fast and pulled it over and my back wheel fell off. stupid ass studs! is this a sighn that its time for a new rear end with bags??? ;]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

You may want to tidy up that chop- is that open space?

3. deedster

deedster

Gee...maybe you forgot to eat your lucky charms...

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

yeah man... looks like you are having fun and that's good, but I think that thing needs some more time in the shop before it is out on the road.

5. Well, if the same guy that put the rear end together also chopped the top....then I'm not surprised.

6. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

If you put in bags make sure you weld them good . I fell safe up here with you down there

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

2 things happened : You left the nuts loose, and you left the top loose.

Remember you may have left hand thread studs on that car...

8. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i had a wheel fly off my trailer a few weeks ago. i was going about 55 with a car loaded on it too. very scary feeling... good thing i was on a back road. i had to walk into the woods to retreve my tire.

9. You my friend are the reason that some people think that hot-rodders don't belong on the road. If you have insurance on that pyle and you were to show it to your agent I'm sure they would revoke your policy. Do us all a favor and tweek your ride and make it safe before hitting the road again>>>>.

10. LayinLowPentstar

LayinLowPentstar

harsh on the chop guys! rember this tho im only 18 and i drive this as my daily driver and not a rice burner. car was choped when i got it not my work their. im gonna finish it all up tho as soon as i build me a garage iv already got my 340 duster scartered all over the driveway, but shit 4 now im kind of out of a car. this car is my daily driver 100% its the only thing i have that runs haha,

11. kustombypook

kustombypook

I am glad you live no where close to me and won't have your unsafe POS on the road anywhere near me or my family. Perhaps you should get off the computer and fix your POS.

12. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Them old Plymouths have lug bolts with 45 degree seats, an ford wheels have the same bolt pattern with 60 degree seats . Late model mopars also went to 60 degree seats when they went to lug nuts in stead of bolts. Use John Deere tractor wheel bolts or Dexter trailer axle wheel bolts to match up to 60 degree seat lug holes,they both come in left and right hand thread.
    And do some body work on that thang, you givin Southern boys a bad rap. Man that's just nasty lookin.

13. skyrodder

skyrodder

I agree..

14. BadLuck

BadLuck

"Four doors for more whores".....thats friggin' awesome!!!:D
    Dont worry, I had my wheel come off my VW when I first started driving.....when I got home I told my mom " Mom, my wheel fell off..so I had to run out in the street, grab my nuts and run back!" She looked at me kinda funny....:)

15. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Might be a sign that it's time to inspect the studs on the other three wheels. Replacement studs ought to be cheap.

16. Yeah, please don't bring that thing North into Maryland or the cops here will have a field day.
    Cops must be blind down there and you obviously are inspection exempt.
    Hell, I have a project car that's in way better shape than that and it will probably be a year, of constant work, before I think it's safe and ready.
    Daily driver..........are you f*****g kidding me.
    I wouldn't drive that down driveway to my mailbox.

17. Flop

Flop

good lord do you have no self respect?
    or respect for someones elses life when that things on the road and the roof blows apart?

18. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

the background pics look familiar. the duster too. did you also "build" a 4 dr dart?

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

If this is the problem, your bolts/or nuts whichever you have could have bottomed out before they clamped the wheel tight. If this is the case you have ruined the wheel as well as the holes have wollowed out far enough to come over the nut/ bolt head.

20. LayinLowPentstar

LayinLowPentstar

yea i have a flat black 4 door dodge dart 1968. were have u seen it before? and my duster?

21. The more I read and the longer I think about this for the life of me I can't even believe you posted this. And if I was cruising in one of my rides and your wheel hit my car I'd have to get out Harry. Have I fired 5 or have I fired 6. FNG!!!!>>>>.

22. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

WOW!:eek:

there was another car with the same exact chop few weeks back

23. Give the kid a break!
    We all started somewhere. Some of us seem to forget being young and broke! I do agree he needs to do general preventative maintainance. At least he's driving a potentially cool old car not some ricer.
    With that being said, get on the ball and make sure you feel it's road worthy and safe. Don't let finances get in the way of safety.
    Also, you can spend a weekend with some of your welding buddies and stitch some panels in to at least get the roof together.

Keep a cool head with the harsh comments, learn what you need here and most of all..Good luck and enjoy!

BloodyKnuckles

24. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Hehe......

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.