Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indiana Convoy to Beatersville 08

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, May 8, 2008.

1. It's getting to be that time again for us Hoosiers to go invade the Beatersville Car & Bike show. It's one of our favorites to kick off the year without a doubt. So, who all's in! Rumor has it that some folks are going up the night before but we're sticking with driving up Sunday morning.

Tentative plan is to meet for breakfast at Bubba's (meaning bring ya and egg mcmuffin with ya) AND a full tank of gas around 7:00AM. Never know, might con Bubba into grilling up some breakfast SPAM. :D Scarf it down hang out for a bit and we'll hit the road around 7:30AM. If you haven't traveled with the Bubba's crew, it means that at 7:35AM you will have to catch up with us down the road. ;):)

We'll update ASAP if any time changes occur but after speaking with Bubba, this should be set in stone.

Hope to see yall there and look forward to yeat another great drive and time at Beatersville.

For you Indy folks, we have locals Mandy Marie and the Cool Hand Lukes playing the Beatersville show this year so give them some love and let em know how much the tear the house down. :cool:

2. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Me and my crew are in fo' sho'!!!:cool:

3. Put me down for..... me....:D

Lets see, bring my own breakfast.. Egg McPear Salsa sounds good....

Actually.....I have room for a rider...If anyone can put up with my constant talking...:rolleyes:

4. Holy cow next weekend boys and girls!! Plan is still the same, meet at Bubba's (with a full tank of gas) at 7:00, heading out 7:30 sharp.

5. Bumpity bump. Weather looks awesome for the show. Sunny and 80's! I mean, when has the weather forecast EVER been wrong. :D Time to clean up the roadster and get out the cracker spread (that's sun screen for us white folks)!

6. lostinthe60s

lostinthe60s
    from Midwest

Heading down Fri night (4 cars) staying to see some kin-folk for a day the into the beater show sunday, and heading back down on monday.....From Chicago

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to be at Brian's (BlktopBandit) in Dayton the day before for his gig. Deciding if I want to drive to L'ville from Dayton just for a day. Can you give me some insight to this event. Held in a bar parking lot??

8. It's a Bubba's approved event if that tells ya anything. :D It quite frankly is one of our favorite shows of the year and ranks right there with the Road Rocket Rumble and the Hunnert Car. Location is everything and the Phoenix Hill Tavern is a tremendous place. It fills up fast with neat cars and good people. And if ya get too hot you can duck in the tavern for some cooooold beer and A/C. Can also catch the Indy 500 on the tube. Great bands playing and one of our local Indy favorites Mandy Marie and the Cool Hand Lukes is an exceptional bonus for all of us.

So in a nutshell, yes make the trip and get there early. We're leaving Indy at 7:30 with only one planned gas stop and plan to be there before the gates open. :)

9. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

I will hook up with you guys at the Edinburgh exit probably what about 7:30, Rocky

10. We're leaving Bubba's at 7:30, so I would guesstimate us rolling past around 8:15ish. I would say be ready to jump off the exit ramp and hop on aboard as we'll keep the train rolling. :)

11. Sunday Sunday Sunday!! Looks like we're gonna have a great group of about 10-15 cars plus picking up some good friends along the way at the Edinburgh exit. :cool:

12. Here's the schedule for those not in the know.

10:00 AM Car registration starts at and is only $25 and includes up to, two adult admissions. Regular adult admission is $5, under twelve free.​
    1:00 PM the Miss Beatersville contest starts, be sure to vote for you favorite. Ladies interested in the Miss Beatersville contest should contact us by email to register before the event. Registration will be available at the show but it is highly recommended that it is done before the show so we can get your picture on the net. Details about the contest can be found on www.beatersville.com. Last years winner, Missy Anne went home with over $400.00 in cash!
    2:00 Our first musical act Mach Twang will begin.
    2:45 Mach Twang off.
    3:00 The Phantom Cruisers from Bloomington Indiana take the stage.
    4:00 Phantom Cruisers off/ Judging begins
    4:30 Louisville’s own kings of swing, King Sonic.
    5:15 King Sonic off
    5:45 Mandy Marie and The Cool Hand Luke’s, from Indianapolis, take the stage.
    6:30 MmaTCHL off
    7:00 Awards
    7:30 Finals of the Miss Beatersville Contest.

13. greg

greg

If I can swing it i'll hook up with you at Scottsburg. You should be cruising by there about 9:00. If not I'll see you there.

14. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

monzadood , dodgeman33 , doublebass , and steveo10 will be convoying as well.

do they have any vendors or a swap meet section?? i know someone needing model a parts...

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'd love to be going with you guys but I know there is just going end up being bare asses pressed against convenience store windows followed by trips to jail.

16. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

hey, hey, hes still paying those fines and lawyer fees......:D
    "I dont care who you are thats some funny shit right there!!".

17. Is mooning legal in Louisville?? :D

7:00 AM tomorrow morning kids, see you all there. Leaving at 7:30 sharp.

18. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

Hey lindross. Im jeremy i met u last wed. I have to work during beatersville but im skipping out on a show i was going to and going to Rust Revival instead next Saturday! My friend that i brought was never into cars and now hes wanting to go to RR. Although he took offense to your story where uguys mentioned shit in his lip. :p If u didnt notice we are both chewers ;) HA HA

19. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

you are the new guys....ya better get some thicker skin...:). beatersville was a blast.

20. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

any pics...wish i could have made it... moms birthday was today....

21. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

haha i said he was offended not I. When are u guys heading to RR? Friday? Were going but leaving early Saturday. Thanks for the hospitality and bring some cherries we may actually man up and try them. haha

22. I took 300 pics, i'll post some up later..

23. Rust Revival should be a great show.

Beatersville was awesome as usual. Great show!!

24. OK My pics of the run from Bubba's to Beatersville are a part of this collection.:(
    They were too big to load, so I put them together..

My Beatersville collection is here:

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/tierod_bill/Beatersville 08/

FYI: Eagletucky's (Tim) Buick won an award...:p

Thanks to Lindross and GMC Bubba for the gathering place and guidance on the trip down.

Jim, new Wed night project,,,Make garage door bigger...

25. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

You guys are more than welcome to come back anytime. It isnt often we give a guy some shit the first evening, we musta have liked you both.:)
    BTW, real men swallow that juice and dont spit in a can.:D

26. dodgeman33

dodgeman33
    from Indiana

Least you new wed night guys dont have to bring deer sausage to get in the door at bubbas....Beatersville was real fun the drive down was one of my favorite hotrod memories
    I was a bit worried about running out of gas though....

27. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

what about a bottle? Does that make me half man?:D Yeah i may head up there again. Not this week since i have to save gas money for rust revival :mad: but maybe next week. I liked it. First real hot rod guys ive met. Your shop is SWEET!

28. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

UPDATE on the Buick.......

I checked the mileage at the gas station right by my house Sunday night when I got home....

20 MILES TO THE GALLON on the new drivetrain!!!!! :eek: I only used 12.5 gallons from Indy to L ville and back!

Thanks to everyone...had a blast at the show!!! Winning "Best Primer" made it all the better!:D

29. Tim was so fast on getting his Award for Best Primer....that he was just a blur...I never seen anybody that fast...
    Yod'a thought they said "free beer".

CONGRATULATIONS ....:p:p:p

[​IMG]

30. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

The ghost of Tim Present.

Congratulations you trophy whore! Well deserved, glad to see your car going again.