Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some coward !!!!Ahole hit my car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, May 22, 2008.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Okay. I know I am a new guy and I don't mean to get off on such a rant, but here goes.
    I spent over a year building this model A from the ground up. Got it painted two weeks ago just in time for the Houston HAMBRS reliability run last Sunday and to make this rant even more shity I had just had a fellow HAMBer by the name of Magic do a rush job on all my pinstriping to make it in time for the run, and it came out freaking great! Then Sunday morning I go to the local grocery store, and walk out to find a softball sized dent on the back of my ride. Of course like a two year old I start throwing shit all over the parking lot, and everybody was looking at me like I was stupid, and not a signle a-hole would own up to it. Okay, thanks for putting up with this post I am going to exhale now. Some people got all the balls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Sorry to hear about that Bryan. I can relate man.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I can really feel your frustration. Breathe deep and wave fist in air. Hammer it out and touch it up and then go drive it. Take solice in the fact that yours is drivable. :)

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Stupid and lazy people are jealous of the things hardworking people have. So they take that frustration out in the only way they know how. Sorry about your dent. Anytime something breaks (or is broken for me :rolleyes: ) I take it as an opportunity to fix what's wrong AND upgrade something else I've been wanting to do. :)

5. lowlife_slim

lowlife_slim

worst feeling in the world... and i know it all too well. i have done a shitload of work to my non-hamber friendly daily driver s-10, and it had 2 hit and runs on it in one month.

first one this bitch ran over my hood and ran me into a curb mangling my brand new $600 Bonspeed wheel, as well as the front end. it was out of the shop for less than a week and someone else hit it while it was parked in front of my house. first chick got away, second one my neighbor saw and wrote down an LP number. he paid up, and got a severed ass chewing from me.

but i chalk it up to car karma. i guarantee you that within the coming months, whoever hit your ride will have their shit wrecked or broken into.

6. Circle City Kid

Circle City Kid
    from SoCal

Its cool man stuff happens, They're just jealous they didint have a ride like that. It was probably some stupid punk kids who had nothing better to do., but that's a pretty cool car , hope you can fix the dent alright

7. lowlife_slim

lowlife_slim

oh yeah, and like gotgas said, it is a chance for an upgrade. from the first one i got some custom paint work on my front end after it was replaced. and on the second one i shaved my whole rearend.

looks like you just got yours where you wanted it though. condolences.

8. Are you sure that didn't happen in your own driveway? Shit like that just happens, ya it's a pisser. Life goes on. Get used to it.
    The Wizzard

9. Da Injun

Da Injun

Nothing worse then that kind of shit...if ya' did it yourself, you get pissed and deal with it. But to come out of the store and see it, that pisses me off to all hell. I have had it happen to me (not a HAMB friendly car, but none-the-less)and have seen it happen to others...unfortunately only once as an eye-witness.

Or those small dents and scratches caused by some lazy fat ass piece of shit who can't take the time to put the cart in the "cart corral". Inconsiderate, worthless fuck faces.

10. 31modelo

31modelo

Not to be a dick, but you made the choice to trust other to respect your car. Fix the dent and keep movin. In the big picture the time it takes to fix that is small compared to the time it took to build the car. Glass is always half full.

11. Elrod

Elrod

Sounds like someone took the groceries out of a shopping cart and let it go free wheel through the parking lot to bump into your car.

That is a nice car and it's still a nice car! Sorry it happened to you and it really sucks, but it's fixable.

A smart guy once said, "Drive it like you know how to fix it!"

12. BBobb

BBobb

Thanks guy's......this bud in my hand is for you!!!!!!!!

13. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

I had some asswipe carve his name in my hood once
    Kicker is he used my antenna to do it
    No radio no antenna and who the hell is DON anyway

14. Did you consider having the grocery store check surveillance cameras to see who did it? Just a thought...

15. Slate

Slate

Dude, people don't respect other people's property anymore. After getting tagged like you from some douchebag, I park FAR away from everyone else. ZERO problems since (8 years ago; non-HAMB car, but old).

16. RichardW

RichardW

Sorry to hear that. I had the same problem before I put the bumpers back on. I would like to believe that is was an accident and not on purpose but makes you wonder what goes on in some people's head.

17. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

With all the tinted SUVs running around I think there's thousands of chronic hit and run bandits that don't even realize they ever hit anything.

18. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

The way I see it, if you weren't fixing the dent you'd
    be tinkering with some other part of the car, could be
    worse.:D

19. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Oh yeah, somebody opened their door
    on my new paint a few months back.
    Sucks but it adds character.

20. Man, I feel for ya, but your A is so low that some jerk backing up in a tall Expedition or something probably didn't even see it out the back window.. Good news is, the dent might be small enough for a Paintless Dent Guy to work his magic.

21. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Hammer and dolly.... should be a quick fix. Sh!t happens for all you know it coulda been an elderly couple or lady and had no idea it happend. had that same situation happen before. fallowed her to her house but she had know idea that she hit the car, I just said forget it and left .

22. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Bad timing sorry. Hope payback for the AH that did it is double.

23. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Never drive a car you care about to the store or mall, it that simple. I have had numerous damages done to my vehicles in the past from inconsiderate asswipe's and I will never drive my toys anywhere where the general public is, I even had a friend get into an argument with somebody who slammed there door into his car while he was in it and they told him to get over it it is just a car and when he told them they have to pay for it they tried to start a fist fight with him.

24. sadayo

sadayo

It's amazing how many tiny, blonde chicks are in a monster truck/suv on their cell phones or touching up their make up as they maneuver.

My SUV has an auto detection system on it that beeps when you're within 2-3 feet of something, both front and rear. I also shy away from the front parking spots were everyone else want to park. I'd rather park a little further out and walk just to be away from the action.

To me, the location and levelness of the bump looks like a shopping cart got away from someone.

25. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

Department of Navy

26. skyrodder

skyrodder

that does suck man, but then again your a lucky one like i am to drive my car daily, dont forget you still have one of the coolest rides around....

27. I hate when bad things happen to good people. What a fucker.

28. It's obvious that your pissed,and I would be looking for someone to beat on too. But it doesn't look that bad. I've seen ALOT worse! Not trying to play it down,but you should be happy that's all that happened. Sorry about your bad luck...

29. mudbone

mudbone

sorry about the damage , but the car looks great even with the dent,but i`m having bad thoughts about it because my 60 vette will be home from the paint shop soon and i think i`d react just like you if it happens to me.and sooner or later some shit head will get me too

30. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Right on! Keep the car you care about away from the masses of asses. Get a 2 ton beater to for your errands to the food store and the like. Mine has been hit 4 times, the worst was a Honda rear ending me while I was stopped at a light. Luck for the lady, she wasn't hurt, but the Accord was history. All it did to mine was scratch the bumper and bend up the tailpipes a little. Have been backed into while parked in front of my house, and crunched while parked in the street at work. They all had insurance, which paid. I used the money for other stuff like the car I do care about.